Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Game Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Game Shows
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

CBS Midseason Pilot Review: Bad Teacher - Premieres Thursday, April 24; Rookie Blue Coming to ION Television in Fall 2014
Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
Slugbait
Occasional Poster

Default HELP finding Lets Make A Deal episode

Hi there,

My parents won the big deal of the day and I would like to get a copy of the episode. Does anyone know of a source where I can buy a copy? I do not have the air date so im hoping that if I provide their full names it could be cross-referenced to find the episode. It aired in the 60's.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Zoneboy
Forum Veteran
Classic Country Fan

Do you know what kind of costumes they were wearing?

(R.G. Armstrong as the Contractor in The Twilight Zone episode "Nothing in the Dark")
Old 02-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Slugbait
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
Do you know what kind of costumes they were wearing?

I think it was an attempt at looking like space people. I know they cut off the bottoms of half gallon plastic milk containers, covered it with glitter and paint, put a propeller on top and stuck it on their heads. They also had big stars glued to their glasses over their eyes like Elton John.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
Regulus

Location: Nova Catacumba Exhibition Facility on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon. Avatar - A Blivet/Poiuyt/Widget

I doubt it there are any copies available. I read somewhere that many of the Game Shows were filmed on tape, and those tapes were used to film other shows.

I wonder if your Parents were on the Show where a "Zonk Prize" turned out to be worth more than "The Big Deal of the Day". I once read an article where A Contestant on LMAD had the misfortune of picking out a curtain which revealed an old, Horse-Drawn Milk Wagon. Back then Contestants who had the misfortune of picking such a prize were offered a "Reasonable Substitution" usually $100.00. But this fellow ran a Children's Day Care Center, and he decided the Kids would have fun playing on this thing, so he demanded the Wagon. That's where the fun began. It turned out the Studio had leased the Wagon from a Museum, which had it insured for over $25,000.00! (Bear in mind this was the 1960s, the "Big Deal of the Day was usually a Full-Size Car such as a Chevy Impalla, which back then retailed for around $5,000.00). When the Contestant got wind of this, he let the studio know their choices were the following:

1. Give him the $25,000.00

2. Talk to his Attourney!

In addition to giving this man the money, I read that they also had to return the wagon to the Museum, they weren't happy with what they did to the wagon (The Studio had taken off one of the wheels and made it look like it was a broken-down worthless POS).
Old 02-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
Slugbait
Occasional Poster

No, but close, lol. The Big Deal of The Day consisted of a decent mink coat that my mom never put on. Some stinky perfume, and 3 or 4 mini skirt/jacket outfits that were 5 sizes too small. So, yeah maybe the zonk WAS worth more My poor dad got nadda!!

I do still have the outfits. They're pretty dusty and a bit worn due to age but they're still in the plastic. Maybe I should take them to a vintage clothing store or put them up on ebay under TV Show Memorabilia. I would still like to find a copy of that show though
Old 02-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
Regulus

Location: Nova Catacumba Exhibition Facility on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon. Avatar - A Blivet/Poiuyt/Widget

That's a bummer, getting a wardrobe you can't use. You'd think the supplier who provided those prizes would let you swap them for an outfit that would fit. (I believe today Game Shows HAVE to give Contestants the cash instead of the Prize if they are inclined to do so). Of course you still have to give Uncle Sam his cut the following Spring.

I read about a Case where one contestant on The Price is Right who won a big prize (A Trip to Europe) managed to get his Taxes REDUCED because of the way the way TPIR calculated the prize. They calculated the Airfare based on "Full-Fare" and the Hotel on their "Rack Rate". This contestant argued that while a Business Traveler might pay these rates a Vacationer would pay the "Supersaver" Rates on both Airfare and Hotel. The IRS Agreed with him and he actually got a Tax REFUND, which he used to Upgrade the Airline Tickets from Coach to First Class!