Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 20, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Commitment for Spinoff of The Middle Starring Eden Sher; Luke Null Leaving Saturday Night Live
Fri-Yay: Reboot Fever Continues with Talks of Designing Women and Frasier Reboots; E! Gets Busy...Philipps
Netflix's Atypical Returns Sept. 7; GSN Brings Back John Michael Higgins Game Show
Antenna TV's Alice Labor Day Marathon; NBC App Adds Saved by the Bell and Heroes
Fresh off the Boat Launches Sept. 1 on UPtv; New Sabrina Begins Oct. 26 on Netflix
Netflix Gets Paul Rudd Comedy from IFC; Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj Coming to Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 13, 2018)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2003, 03:20 PM   #46
Ravey
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 02, 2003
Posts: 53,023
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Nirvana
her name is always in the news. her wipping her ass would get her press. duh, thats called PROMOTION. It gets the music on the album heard. if people like it, then they went out and bought the album. Every big named artists gets it.
whatever. And her name is not ALWAYS on the news. It started getting back on the news after the kiss, basically.
Ravey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:21 PM   #47
Ravey
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 02, 2003
Posts: 53,023
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SBTB Geek
7 million people watched the kiss on the VMA's. In The Zone sold 700,000... I doubt people just saw the kiss and immediately wanted to buy Britney's album as if there was a bonus DVD with porn in it.
I didn't say that everybody that watched the kiss bought it. I said that the kiss DID help album sales.
Ravey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:23 PM   #48
SBTB Geek
Smooth Moderator
Moderator
 
SBTB Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 21, 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,991
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravey
whatever. And her name is not ALWAYS on the news. It started getting back on the news after the kiss, basically.
There was news about Britney BEFORE the kiss. Do you remember the following:

-Britney Regrets Allowing 'Cry Me a River' video
-Britney is a BRUNETTE!
-Spears smokes
-Spears wants a baby
SBTB Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:26 PM   #49
Ravey
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 02, 2003
Posts: 53,023
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SBTB Geek
There was news about Britney BEFORE the kiss. Do you remember the following:

-Britney Regrets Allowing 'Cry Me a River' video
-Britney is a BRUNETTE!
-Spears smokes
-Spears wants a baby
The cry me a river thing was a looooong time ago. And I don't remember hearing anything about "Britney is a BRUNETTE" And Britney smokes was like a year ago, at least the last time I heard about it. And I don't recall hearing "Spears wants a baby" The last time I heard about that was when Britney admitted she had sex with Justin.
Ravey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:27 PM   #50
SBTB Geek
Smooth Moderator
Moderator
 
SBTB Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 21, 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,991
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravey
I didn't say that everybody that watched the kiss bought it. I said that the kiss DID help album sales.
If the damn kiss would of helped her sells, the damn album would of sold more than her previous two. Which idiot will buy an album after seeing a kiss?

It's like saying people started to buy Beyonce's CD because she began screwing Jay-Z. Doesn't it seem ridiculous?
SBTB Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:29 PM   #51
Ravey
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 02, 2003
Posts: 53,023
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SBTB Geek
If the damn kiss would of helped her sells, the damn album would of sold more than her previous two. Which idiot will buy an album after seeing a kiss?

It's like saying people started to buy Beyonce's CD because she began screwing Jay-Z. Doesn't it seem ridiculous?
The damn kiss did help her ****ing sales. I've talked to people before who said they started liking Britney after the damn kiss. And there are a lot of idiots out there who would start liking Britney because she's a hoe. Face it, something has to have helped Britney sell records, and it's not her singing.
Ravey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:30 PM   #52
SBTB Geek
Smooth Moderator
Moderator
 
SBTB Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 21, 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,991
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravey
The cry me a river thing was a looooong time ago. And I don't remember hearing anything about "Britney is a BRUNETTE" And Britney smokes was like a year ago, at least the last time I heard about it. And I don't recall hearing "Spears wants a baby" The last time I heard about that was when Britney admitted she had sex with Justin.
All those things happened after Britney (the album) ran its course. And I mentioned those events to prove to you that THERE WAS news about Britney when she was gone. Even you proved it yourself, "Britney admitted she had sex with Justin."
SBTB Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:32 PM   #53
Ravey
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 02, 2003
Posts: 53,023
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SBTB Geek
All those things happened after Britney (the album) ran its course. And I mentioned those events to prove to you that THERE WAS news about Britney when she was gone. Even you proved it yourself, "Britney admitted she had sex with Justin."
Yeah, but that wasn't THAT recently. There was a time period before the kiss when she didn't have any news.
Ravey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:34 PM   #54
Mr. Stefani
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 15, 2001
Posts: 20,752
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravey
The damn kiss did help her ****ing sales. I've talked to people before who said they started liking Britney after the damn kiss. And there are a lot of idiots out there who would start liking Britney because she's a hoe. Face it, something has to have helped Britney sell records, and it's not her singing.
you're in denial kid. Britney has a lot of hardcore fans. She has a huge fan base world wide. They like her music, they buy it. Hell, my sister usually hates her music, but went out and bought her new one because she liked what she heard. She could care less about a kiss. "The kiss" didn't do anything but piss some people off and get them the cover of magazines and news papers.

you must be talking to the voices in your head.
Mr. Stefani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:35 PM   #55
SBTB Geek
Smooth Moderator
Moderator
 
SBTB Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 21, 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,991
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravey
The damn kiss did help her ****ing sales. I've talked to people before who said they started liking Britney after the damn kiss. And there are a lot of idiots out there who would start liking Britney because she's a hoe. Face it, something has to have helped Britney sell records, and it's not her singing.
YOU said that the kiss got people to buy Britney's album, and now you are saying that people began to LIKE Britney.
Just because they 'like' her doesn't necessarily mean they like HER MUSIC.
SBTB Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:35 PM   #56
Mr. Stefani
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 15, 2001
Posts: 20,752
Default

seriously, i'd go out and buy a poster of half naked britney because of a kiss. i wouldn't go buy a damn album.
Mr. Stefani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:36 PM   #57
SBTB Geek
Smooth Moderator
Moderator
 
SBTB Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 21, 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,991
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravey
Yeah, but that wasn't THAT recently. There was a time period before the kiss when she didn't have any news.
It was just weeks before the kiss.
SBTB Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #58
Ravey
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 02, 2003
Posts: 53,023
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Nirvana
you're in denial kid. Britney has a lot of hardcore fans. She has a huge fan base world wide. They like her music, they buy it. Hell, my sister usually hates her music, but went out and bought her new one because she liked what she heard. She could care less about a kiss. "The kiss" didn't do anything but piss some people off and get them the cover of magazines and news papers.

you must be talking to the voices in your head.
Well if you ask the majority of people who are "hardcore" Britney fans, why they like Britney, you usually hear: "She has a great personality", "She can Dance", "She puts on a good show", or "I like the way she dresses", you never hear "I like her voice, she can sing"...
Ravey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:38 PM   #59
Ravey
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 02, 2003
Posts: 53,023
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SBTB Geek
YOU said that the kiss got people to buy Britney's album, and now you are saying that people began to LIKE Britney.
Just because they 'like' her doesn't necessarily mean they like HER MUSIC.
Alot of people I talked to that liked her because of the damn kiss, did buy her album.
Ravey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 03:38 PM   #60
Mr. Stefani
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 15, 2001
Posts: 20,752
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravey
Well if you ask the majority of people who are "hardcore" Britney fans, why they like Britney, you usually hear: "She has a great personality", "She can Dance", "She puts on a good show", or "I like the way she dresses", you never hear "I like her voice, she can sing"...
yes, because them buying a cd is all about her dancing and clothes. you don't have to think someone has an amazing voice to like their music.
Mr. Stefani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.