Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-29-2003, 04:43 PM   #16
pandora_spocks
Forum Veteran

I don't really listen to Beyonce. I like Britney therefore I like 'In the Zone.'
Old 11-30-2003, 05:54 PM   #17
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

Default Re: "In the Zone" or "Dangerously in Love"?

Quote:
Originally posted by tvje
Which album is better? "Dangerously in Love" by Beyonce or "In the Zone" by Britney Spears?

I have to say "Dangerously in Love", since I don't have Britney's album. Also I am hearing Beyonce all over the radio dial, while I am berly hearing Britney on the radio.

wow, gee. Beyonce is r&b/hip hop, which is the hottest thing in the world right now. Britney is pop, which currently isn't doing so hot. No wonder Beyonce's getting more airplay
Old 11-30-2003, 06:16 PM   #18
Mr. Stefani
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by SBTB Geek
^Radio play does not equal sales.

Also... No Doubt's Rock Steady had more hits, yet Return of Saturn sold more.

Of course you know i am going to correct you

Return Of Saturn-1.4 million

Rock Steady- 2.9-3.0 million

Radio play only really helps new artists.

Even if Return of Saturn's singles were successful(it only had 3, 4 if u count New which was later added), it wouldn't of been selling good. It was a "dark" album released after they were gone for years during the bubblegum pop "explosion"(Britney's Oops I made another ****ty album Again, Nsyncs album..).

uh, so basically, release an album when the genre its in is popular, and it'll be a hit.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:17 PM   #19
Mr. Stefani
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Let me respnd to you SBTB Geek. First of all "Dangerously in Love" was released two weeks ahead of its orignal release date due to internet piratecy, if it was released in its original release date, it would have sold more. Also the economy is getting better, and it is the holiday season, Those all play factors into "In the Zone" favor.

You can disagree with me if you want, but that is my theory.

In The Zone leaked weeks before it was released. Didn't seem to hurt her sales too much.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:38 PM   #20
Ravey
Forum Legend

Dangerously in Love!!!!!!!!!! *jumps up and down*
Old 11-30-2003, 10:20 PM   #21
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

judging by what ive heard from each, dangerously in love sucks and in the zone sounds ok.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:35 PM   #22
*Marilyn Monroe*
Diamonds...

I like Beyonce and Britney, but from what I've heard of each, In The Zone is better.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:36 PM   #23
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

Quote:
^Radio play does not equal sales.

For example, Christina Aguilera has had 6 #1 singles, 4 more Top 40 songs (10 in total), and Britney Spears only had one #1 hit ("Baby One More Time,") and two Top 40s ("I'm a Slave 4 U," and "Me Against The Music.") Yet Britney's albums sales GREATLY overpower Christina's.

Britney has 9 top 40 hits in total. Not defending her, but pointing out the facts (Baby #1, Sometimes #21, Crazy #10, From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart #14, Oops #9, Lucky #23, Stronger #11, I'm A Slave 4 U #27 and Me Against The Music)
Old 12-01-2003, 04:31 PM   #24
SBTB Geek
Smooth Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BuffySlayer79
Britney has 9 top 40 hits in total. Not defending her, but pointing out the facts (Baby #1, Sometimes #21, Crazy #10, From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart #14, Oops #9, Lucky #23, Stronger #11, I'm A Slave 4 U #27 and Me Against The Music)

Those numbers aren't from the Billboard charts. Those numbers are from her performance in the AC/Rhythmic/Pop charts, which are not quite reliable. According to them, every single Christina released was number one, which in fact is not accurate.

Come on... do you honestly believe that "FTBOMBH" peaked at #14?! LOL!

BTW, good looking out Tim. I knew there was something wrong, I got that from a No Doubt fansite.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:01 AM   #25
tvje

Forget about the past. Talking about how Britney had 9 top 40 hits. It doesn't matter. It is the present that matters. And I have some news about the present.

First of all Beyonce received 6 Grammy Nomination, and "Crazy in Love" is the favorite to win the Billboard Award for single of the year.

Looking at the charts, in its second week "In the Zone" falls to number 3, while in its 23rd week "Dangerously in Love" rises three spots on the album charts. Numbers don't lie. "Dangerously in Love" has staying power, and Beyonce already has something Britney will never have, a Grammy.

Everyone on this board can disagree with me, that is cool with me, but it seems to me that the rest of the world agrees with me.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:50 AM   #26
Ravey
Forum Legend

Quote:
Beyonce already has something Britney will never have, a Grammy.

So true
Old 12-06-2003, 09:57 AM   #27
tvje

Thanks, it is nice to have an allie.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:37 PM   #28
Ravey
Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks, it is nice to have an allie.

Old 12-06-2003, 01:46 PM   #29
SBTB Geek
Smooth Moderator

Quote:

First of all Beyonce received 6 Grammy Nomination, and "Crazy in Love" is the favorite to win the Billboard Award for single of the year.

Looking at the charts, in its second week "In the Zone" falls to number 3, while in its 23rd week "Dangerously in Love" rises three spots on the album charts. Numbers don't lie. "Dangerously in Love" has staying power, and Beyonce already has something Britney will never have, a Grammy.

Everyone on this board can disagree with me, that is cool with me, but it seems to me that the rest of the world agrees with me.

Oh well, Britney fell to number 3. I don't expect anyone to sell 700,000 copies in their third week. Can you?
Beyonce fell during her second week as well and she continues to fall, with the exception of minor "sprouts." In The Zone sold around 300,000 copies its second week, and Dangerously In Love only sold that amount its first. So who in fact is doing better?.... It's only fair if you compare them week by week.

Dangerously In Love has staying power?!... Come on, the only reason it's still afloat is because she took advantage of Jay-Z, and Sean Paul's popularity. Can you imagine "Crazy In Love," or "Baby Boy" without them?... No, because she wouldn't have done them by herself. She is isn't strong enough to be a solo star, and that's why her new single "Me, Myself, and I" is doing TERRIBLE in radio. Face it, she will never top The Writings On The Wall.

CORRECTION, Destiny's Child has a GRAMMY.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:59 PM   #30
Ravey
Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh well, Britney fell to number 3. I don't expect anyone to sell 700,000 copies in their third week. Can you?
Beyonce fell during her second week as well and she continues to fall, with the exception of minor "sprouts." In The Zone sold around 300,000 copies its second week, and Dangerously In Love only sold that amount its first. So who in fact is doing better?.... It's only fair if you compare them week by week.

Dangerously In Love has staying power?!... Come on, the only reason it's still afloat is because she took advantage of Jay-Z, and Sean Paul's popularity. Can you imagine "Crazy In Love," or "Baby Boy" without them?... No, because she wouldn't have done them by herself. She is isn't strong enough to be a solo star, and that's why her new single "Me, Myself, and I" is doing TERRIBLE in radio. Face it, she will never top The Writings On The Wall.

CORRECTION, Destiny's Child has a GRAMMY.

Me, Myself, and I isn't doing terrible over here.