Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

UP TV Acquires Growing Pains for January 2015; USA Network Orders Hacker Drama Starring Christian Slater
Week 13 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: Charlie Sheen to Appear in The Goldbergs, and Possibly Two and a Half Men?; Becker Finished on DVD
ION Television Expands Hours in January 2015; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 22, 2014)
FXX to Launch New Late Night Animation Block; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Star to Host Fox Show
Bounce Acquires Sitcoms for January 2015, Roc, Different World, Parent 'Hood, Hughleys; ABC Family Picks Up New Drama Recovery Road
Nick at Nite Adds Everybody Loves Raymond January 1; George Lopez Hosts CW Dog Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Review
11/04 - The Exes - Seasons 1 & 2
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series / Review
11/06 - Kenan & Kel - The Best of Seasons 3 & 4
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dharma & Greg - The Complete Season 2
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Broad City - Season 1
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/02 - The Simpsons - The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - Family Guy - Volume 13
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #106
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I'm 50/50 on that one. Didn't everyone else on the boat die, and their bodies were later found? But then again I remember his parents talking to a lot of witnesses who placed Gordon wandering around Mexico. I don't know it could just be a weird coincidence that it's an American drifter who looks like Collins. I tend to think that by now if the man was indeed Collins he would have made some sort of an attempt to find out who he really was.

Right, he was the only person not found from the boat.

I guess I think at least the Colonia Vicente sightings are credible. Street living's not easy--maybe he could be a John Doe? I don't know. It does seem incredible that he could have survived while his friends perished, but I just get a very "non-BS" vibe from the CV folks.

Go Vols!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #107
TheCars1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Right, he was the only person not found from the boat.

I guess I think at least the Colonia Vicente sightings are credible. Street living's not easy--maybe he could be a John Doe? I don't know. It does seem incredible that he could have survived while his friends perished, but I just get a very "non-BS" vibe from the CV folks.

I suppose it's possible that Gordon could have been jailed for some offense or sent to some sort of group home or shelter as a John Doe. Didn't his parents come really close to intercepting the man that people were id'ing as Gordon? I haven't seen the segment in awhile, but from what I remember the witnesses were all credible and had nothing to gain by saying that the man they saw was Gordon.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #108
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I suppose it's possible that Gordon could have been jailed for some offense or sent to some sort of group home or shelter as a John Doe. Didn't his parents come really close to intercepting the man that people were id'ing as Gordon? I haven't seen the segment in awhile, but from what I remember the witnesses were all credible and had nothing to gain by saying that the man they saw was Gordon.

Yes, there was a man who was detained in the local jail for stealing food who spoke English and had given his name as Gordy to an American ex-pat living in Colonia Vicente. He was released before the Collins' private investigator could get down to the village, IIRC.

That's the thing that gets me: no one has anything to gain by saying they've seen him, and apparently more than one person can corroborate the jail story--I clearly remember the man saying "when we met him at the jail...".
Old 09-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #109
TheCars1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Yes, there was a man who was detained in the local jail for stealing food who spoke English and had given his name as Gordy to an American ex-pat living in Colonia Vicente. He was released before the Collins' private investigator could get down to the village, IIRC.

That's the thing that gets me: no one has anything to gain by saying they've seen him, and apparently more than one person can corroborate the jail story--I clearly remember the man saying "when we met him at the jail...".

Wow, forgot about the jail sighting and the man calling himself "Gordy". I'd say that ups the chances of him surviving a lot.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #110
HHorseman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBevis
Katherine Korzilius - Bryan Nisenfeld - This is a hard one, too. I don't think it was suicide, but I'm really split on whether it was accidental or murder. He very well could have been murdered, and because of the harassing phone calls, there was certainly a reason for him to be scared, but I think the possibility of an accident is likely also. Because he liked to sit and read on a jetty near the ocean, I think it's possible that he could have slipped and fallen off of them, possibly hitting his head, and drowned in the ocean. The thing that really makes this one difficult is that his foot is the only part of him that was ever found, so whether it became detached from his body as a result of being dismembered or simply because sea animals were eating away at his corpse is something that really can't be said either way.

I dont believe he killed himself either,I wondered about that last bit of the segment when Stack said some mysterious caller contacted the show and said the school knew more then they were telling. Falling of the ledge would really be a terrible way to go.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #111
MegtheEgg86

Does anybody want to tackle Ralph Sigler's case? I was thinking about it today and wondered if there were any fresh thoughts on it.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:22 AM   #112
UMFan95
Occasional Poster

Jodi Huisentruit - I believe she was abducted and murdered by some crazed fan.
Angela Hammond - Most likely abducted and murdered by the man at the phone booth.
Kristi Krebs - Most likely died from exposure or murdered by somebody.
Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman - I really don't know about this one it's tough. I think some drug dealers abducted them and raped them and killed them not much after.
Amy Bradley - Probably fell over board.
Jeremy Bright - Murdered by sick twisted teenagers.
Katherine Korzilius - I really don't know, i don't think the mother has anything to do with it as the son was in the backseat of the car and they got home fine. It's been forever since i saw this one, but if i remember maybe someone tried to abduct her but failed.
Bryan Nisenfeld - Suicide or possibly an accident.
A.J. Breaux - This one is a very tough one. I think A.J could've known about something from the AA meetings. Can't be totally sure at all. I have to re-watch this one.
Dottie Caylor - Killed by the husband.
Anthonette Cayedito - I think the phone call was her. I find it strange that the sister gave the story many years later, i know she had nothing to do with it but why wasn't she scared that she saw her sister grabbed? It was like nothing happened. The abductors said they were Uncle Joe, but i don't get she tells the police 5 years later. Not her mother at all.
Leonard Dirickson - I don't think he would've got up and left his son like that. I don't know if the guy who came by and asked about the horse killed him. He could've been involved in something. I don't think it was him at that bar.
Sharon Marshall & Michael Hughes - Floyd knows everything.
John Cheek - Obviously snapped because of the too much work he had. He could be alive but i don't know.
Adam Hecht - Tony was probably involved. Adam was obsessed with homeless people, he might've become homeless himself but probably ran into something bad.
Charles Horvath - Met the wrong person and was murdered. He could still be in that lake, anyone know if they ever searched the other side?
Dale Kerstetter - I have doubts about this one. He was most likely a victim. I wish we could've seen the real tape and got more of an idea. If he was part of it, he would've come back by now. I do think the robber was someone that used to work at the plant and he killed Dale because Dale knew who it was.
Oliver Munson - Watson hired someone to kill him. No way would someone disappear like he would.
Jean Moore - This one is strange. The husband kept changing his story. I think he murdered her.
Gordon Page Jr. - I go 50/50 on this one. On one part i believe he is alive and someone that doesn't know who he is taking care of him and the other is sadly i think he died from exposure.
Morgan Nick - Sadly abducted, murdered and raped.
Pamela Page - Another one where the husband did it.
Judith Hymes - I think she died during the abortion. The phone call was some sick prank and i think the letter was legit.

Most of the others i removed because i can barley remember them or i haven't seen them.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #113
mdl1981
Frequent Poster

I'll do some of the ones I have strong opinions on:

Jodi Huisentruit: Abducted by a stalker, and murdered likely within hours of being taken.

Angela Hammond: It played out exactly how UM portrayed it. Abducted by the creepy dude in the truck. Likely raped and murdered. I believe Rob's story.

Kristi Krebs: Definetly suffered a mental breakdown of some sort. Wandered away from the car in a bad state of mind, and got lost in the woods. Died of exposure or animal attack.

Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman: Drug deal gone bad. Although it is a bit weird as to why whoever did this didnt kill the girls right away, just like they did the parents. I dont believe the girls are involved at all. If they were, they would have been found not long afterwards. At that age, with limited means they likely wouldnt have been able to hide for long. I think they were abducted by the perpetrator(s) and killed sometime afterwards.

Amy Bradley - Either fell overboard accidently, or was murdered/thrown overboard by a ship employee. I dont believe the sex slave story.

Jeremy Bright : Murdered by the local thugs.

Bryan Nisenfeld : I lean towards suicide or accident. Dont think he was murdered.

Dottie Caylor: Either successfully dissapeared, or in an attempt to dissapear ran into the wrong person/people and was killed. Salad boy Jule may be a complete dick, but I dont think he killed her.

Sharon Marshall & Michael Hughes: Definetly Floyd. Not much else to say here.

Adam Hecht: Joined the homeless lifestyle and ran into the wrong person. Murdered. Tony at least knows what happened, possibly involved as well.

Dale Kerstetter: Very interesting case. I have gone back and forth alot. At one time, I thought he was involved. I dont believe he is now. I think he would have turned up by now. I do think whoever did this was a former employee. Dale was quite possibly killed at the plant.

Oliver Munson: Killed by an associate of Watson to keep him from testifying.

Gordon Page Jr: Either died on the streets or taken advantage of by someone. I do not believe he is still alive.

Judith Hymes - Died during the abortion. Just like the letter said.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:05 AM   #114
mdl1981
Frequent Poster

A few more:

Blair Adams: Murdered but not by someone supposedly chasing him across the USA. I dont know how to explain his actions, but I dont believe that part of it. I think his murder was just an act of random violence.

Justin Burgwinkle: Either dissapeared on his own or was murdered by fellow soldiers. I dont buy the story about him being involved in espionage and all the White Sands reference. I think that was all his creation.

Claudia Kirschhoch: Probably raped and murdered by Anthony Grant. I dont believe she just wandered off.

Kristen Modafferi: I tend to lean towards accidental death.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:40 AM   #115
mdl1981
Frequent Poster

Here's a few more I will add, and everyone else can chime in with their thoughts.

Keith Warren: Murdered. The hanging was an elaborate attempt at a coverup. Possibly involved with drugs, or knew information about someone he shouldnt have. The police were involved...Findley knew something (possibly involved) and was silenced.

Patricia Meehan: Wandered off in her weird mental state. I think she survived for awhile hopping rides on trucks but is definetly dead now.

Dick Hansen: Dont believe the "was killed by a disgruntled football fan" theory. I think the guy knew and possibly dated the women he was with (forget her name). I heard Dick has a history of being involved with drugs so possibly that was the reason too. If he was an ex, it was possibly a jealous retaliation. I think that woman knows more about what happened then she has told the police.

Dave Bocks: This case always creeped me out due to the possible nature of his death. Unfortunately, I do believe he was killed as to silence him. The argument he had in the truck with that unknown person, was possibly someone trying to convince him to "keep quiet". I just hope he wasnt alive when they dropped him into that furnace.

Tommy Burkett: Murdered. Police coverup to protect someone.

Cindy James: Wow. I tend to lean towards it being a legit stalking and murder...but I do not rule out the possibility everything was staged by her for some unknown reason.

Eric Tamiyasu: The Don Dixon guy always seemed the most suspicious to me. His friend Eric seemed legit, and the sheriff seemed like an idiot but not a murderer.

Roger Dean: I think Roger and the other guy planned to stage this robbery, but something happened to cause the other guy to turn on Roger (whether it was an argument at the house or it was his plan to do it all along) and kill him. I am not sure if the same guy is the one who called years later to try to get money from DJ.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #116
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl1981

Blair Adams: Murdered but not by someone supposedly chasing him across the USA. I dont know how to explain his actions, but I dont believe that part of it. I think his murder was just an act of random violence.

Agreed. It seems like he was suffering from a mental disorder, may have wandered onto the streets and encountered someone who tried to harm him. People who appear to be intoxicated or high are easy targets for muggers or harassers. I've also wondered if he could have struck a blow or injured himself in such a way that would have caused the blunt abdominal trauma (some swimmers have had this occur when attempting to belly flop) - it would have been difficult, but would it have been impossible?

Kristen Modafferi: I think she may have went to the Lands End or Sutro Baths area like she had been planning on doing and had an accidental fall. That area has had several sightseers fall into the bay accidentally; some of the bodies have never been recovered.

Rena Paquette's death doesn't seem to have been connected to her son's murder years later, but this book alleges that another fire was set in the pig sty while her family were attending her funeral. No flammable substances or containers were found in the area near Rena's body.

Bobby Fuller's death is also really strange. There's a good article that lays out most of the facts. He was last seen around 3 am by Lloyd Esinger, the manager of the apartment building where he lived, drinking beer in Esinger's apartment. No one is certain if he actually went to a party. Witnesses who discovered his body believed that his right index finger was bent back and broken, but the official autopsy states that there was no indication of broken bones. Some accounts state that there was a book of matches on the car's front seat. His cause of death was from inhaling gasoline fumes. From the article: "a number of blood tests were conducted that concluded the musician had not taken barbiturates, Librium, Valium, strychnine or other drugs. Nor was alcohol detected. The scant blood samples, were exhausted before further tests could be run." That's interesting, in regards to Esinger's statement about Fuller drinking beer, but possibly the alcohol metabolized in his body prior to his death. His mother stated the he was depressed, but did not seem suicidal in the weeks preceding his death. Huffing gasoline to achieve a high wasn't that uncommon, but we don't have enough information about Fuller to determine if he would have done that; he was known to use LSD. There's all the murder theories, some more down the rabbit hole than others, that he was killed by criminal affiliates of Del-Fi, Frank Sinatra, or by his own bandmates and/or brother. If something did happen to Fuller at another location, and that's up for grabs, why would someone take the incredible risk of bringing the car and the body back to his residence, rather than simply abandoning the vehicle? I used to lean towards it being a cover up of a possible overdose or altercation, but there's not enough information from the investigation (or lack of) to come to a conclusion.

Tom Roche: murdered by the guy who wrote the letter, even though I think the writer lied in part to hide his identity. It may have been a petty dispute with a coworker from his new job, or an acquaintance that he socialized or traded parts with.

Charles Horvath: I think something happened to him around the time he last had contact with his family, but I don't think that he was alive for that much longer. Joanne, his friend, claimed to have last seen him at a nightclub in August of 1989, not the family dinner that Horvath allegedly interrupted a month or so prior. The RCMP also retrieved some of Horvath's possessions from individuals who knew him and were using them at the campsite.

Ted Loseff I think some relatives don't want to believe that their loved one could commit suicide even when it's apparent, and Ted had made a suicide attempt years before. This case does have some pretty off aspects to it: the phone being off of the hook for hours, then strangely being back on, Wilma Loseff going off with the housekeeper, the beer and cigarettes in the house, when Ted neither drank nor smoked.