Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of April 23, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Goldbergs Spinoff Happening After All; Grey's Anatomy Renewed for Fifteenth Season
Fri-Yay: Superstore is Doing the Will They/Won't They Story Arc Right; Laff Pays Tribute to Harry Anderson
CBS Picks Up 11 More Returning Series for 2018-19; BET 2018 Upfront
Carol Burnett Gets Netflix Series; Futurama on Syfy, Marathon on 4/20
The Goldbergs 1990s Spinoff Ordered for ABC; Remembering Harry Anderson of Night Court
It's a Living Coming to Logo on April 21; Hollywood Darlings Returns Wednesday on Pop
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of April 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mad About You Reboot One Step Closer to Reality; The Simpsons Addresses Concerns About Character of Apu
Fri-Yay: New Girl Begins Its Final Season; Trial & Error Returns to NBC July 19

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March/April)

Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season One Day at a Time - Season Two Perfect Strangers  - The Complete Third Season

02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/06 - Women of the House - Complete 12 Episode Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season
03/13 - The New Adventures of Old Christine - The Complete First Season
03/27 - One Day at a Time - Season Two
04/03 - Ballers - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/03 - 90's Sitcom (Just Shoot Me!/The Larry Sanders Show/Wings) Starter Set - Season 1 & 2 Bundle
04/10 - Vice Principals - The Compelte Series
04/17 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 PM   #61
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

George Lopez and Home Improvement come in September
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 07-25-2007, 01:01 AM   #62
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

I am looking forward to George Lopez and Home Improvement on Nick@Nite
Old 07-25-2007, 08:40 PM   #63
clj2

With two new shows coming in Sept and Full House expiring things arent looking great for it...

Quote:
RE: Again?? For the fifteenth time this month?
Date 07.25.07 7:46 PM

Ratings! The ratings for "Full House" were such (negative) that the network couldn't afford to keep airing the show in the marathon format. It is understandable that fans of the show are reacting negatively to the decision, but, the network has to think about ALL viewers, not just the fans of "Full House".

Old 07-25-2007, 09:37 PM   #64
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Nick@Nite is not being renewed
Old 07-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #65
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

So, Full House is not getting renewed, or is it? And, is Roseanne still getting renewed, because last I heard, it was.

And, about the whole Full house thing, it was NAN's one fault for airing the show in marathon format. They have done that before, and it never worked, so why would they do it again? And, over it all, they give us another week. Now, I'm an avid fan of the show. I watch it on DVD's, but I rarely watch the show on NAN. If they were giving us more weekly summer marathons, the least they could have done is give us another Cosby week instead of Full House. But, we still get a week and a half of Fresh Prince, so I've already begun fluffing my pillow . . .

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #66
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

All of that will be known in September's schedule.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #67
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
All of that will be known in September's schedule.

That's the main thing I hate about NAN since Nickelodeon bought it out. They don't tell us anything until a week or two before it's on. TVLand on the other hand has already told us their September schedule (at least without the changes) and it's still only July.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:57 PM   #68
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
So, Full House is not getting renewed, or is it? And, is Roseanne still getting renewed, because last I heard, it was.

And, about the whole Full house thing, it was NAN's one fault for airing the show in marathon format. They have done that before, and it never worked, so why would they do it again? And, over it all, they give us another week. Now, I'm an avid fan of the show. I watch it on DVD's, but I rarely watch the show on NAN. If they were giving us more weekly summer marathons, the least they could have done is give us another Cosby week instead of Full House. But, we still get a week and a half of Fresh Prince, so I've already begun fluffing my pillow . . .

That's what I asked, why do another full house week if it didn't work the first time?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #69
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalyzer
That's what I asked, why do another full house week if it didn't work the first time?

This could be really out there, but maybe they are doing it for the fans of Full House. Since this time it's only a 4-day marathon, maybe it won't do as badly as it did last time, which is really stupid to think, because if it did badly the first time, it's bound to do badly the second time. They could have at least Gave us 4 days of Full House, and maybe that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday The Cosby Show, instead of more Fresh Prince.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:00 PM   #70
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
This could be really out there, but maybe they are doing it for the fans of Full House. Since this time it's only a 4-day marathon, maybe it won't do as badly as it did last time, which is really stupid to think, because if it did badly the first time, it's bound to do badly the second time. They could have at least Gave us 4 days of Full House, and maybe that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday The Cosby Show, instead of more Fresh Prince.

I know I better see The Cosby Show on N@N at 9pm and not the Fresh Prince-lol
Old 07-28-2007, 04:25 PM   #71
JulieSomoski

Has anyone seen the commercials fro Home Improvement coming in September? They basically just say "What time is it?" and "Tool Time", then say it's coming this September. Basic commercial, but it's good to see they are promoting it so early. I know they never promoted Growing Pains, AFV, or A Different World this early.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:41 PM   #72
noveel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Has anyone seen the commercials fro Home Improvement coming in September? They basically just say "What time is it?" and "Tool Time", then say it's coming this September. Basic commercial, but it's good to see they are promoting it so early. I know they never promoted Growing Pains, AFV, or A Different World this early.

Well, Home Improvement was a higher rated than those shows during their original runs. I think they expect it to be their next Fresh Prince.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #73
MadonnasManOne
Frequent Poster

I could care less what they show on Nick@Nite, anymore. I haven't watched it since they yanked the Full House marathon, early.

By next Tuesday, I will have the majority of Full House and Roseanne on DVD. Those are the only two shows that I watch on Nick@Nite, anymore. On top of that, my evening viewing has been with ION, especially since they've added Who's The Boss? I'm really loving the current ION schedule, and I hope they keep it as it is, at least with the schedule of Designing Women, Mama's Family, Who's The Boss?, and The Wonder Years.

So, I can finally say I'm happy to be rid of watching Nick@Nite. Their scheduling sucks, and they air entirely too much Fresh Prince.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #74
JulieSomoski

For the last week in August, I'm pretty sure it's going to be Home Improvement's debut marathon, because Link said the show will have a week long marathon, and is now debuting in late August to bring up ratings. So, they are relying on this show to do well, and I hope it does.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #75
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

As of now, I hear Home Improvement launches Sept. 3 and George Lopez on Sept. 10. It will be confirmed when we post the September thread...