Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hope & Faith links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Hope & Faith Photo Gallery

Hope and Faith - Season 1

Buy Hope and Faith - Season 1 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Hope & Faith

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV Fall 2018 Schedule; Disney Channel Gets New Sitcom for Friday Nights This Fall
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 20, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Commitment for Spinoff of The Middle Starring Eden Sher; Luke Null Leaving Saturday Night Live
Fri-Yay: Reboot Fever Continues with Talks of Designing Women and Frasier Reboots; E! Gets Busy...Philipps
Netflix's Atypical Returns Sept. 7; GSN Brings Back John Michael Higgins Game Show
Antenna TV's Alice Labor Day Marathon; NBC App Adds Saved by the Bell and Heroes
Fresh off the Boat Launches Sept. 1 on UPtv; New Sabrina Begins Oct. 26 on Netflix
Netflix Gets Paul Rudd Comedy from IFC; Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj Coming to Netflix

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-13-2004, 10:51 AM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Picked Up for 2004-05 Season!

ABC ANNOUNCES EARLY 2004-05 PICK-UPS FOR SEVEN SERIES

“According to Jim,” “My Wife & Kids,” “Extreme Makeover,” “George Lopez,” “Hope & Faith,” “America’s Funniest Home Videos” and “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” All Renewed for Fall.

The Practice spin-off and NYPD Blue have already been renewed, as announced previously.

ABC has renewed seven series for the 2004-05 season, it was announced today by Susan Lyne, president, ABC Entertainment -- “According to Jim,” “My Wife & Kids,” “Extreme Makeover,” “George Lopez,” “Hope & Faith,” “America’s Funniest Home Videos” and “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.” These programs join “NYPD Blue,” which had previously been announced as returning for its 12th and final season during 2004-05.

“These seven shows are all important anchor programs for the network, and we feel confident that they will continue to deliver for us next season,” said Ms. Lyne.

“According to Jim” leads its Tuesday 9:00 p.m. comedy competition, NBC’s “Frasier,” by a strong 16% in Adults 18-49 (4.4/11 vs. 3.8/10). The program qualifies as ABC’s No. 1 scripted series this season among Adults 18-49 and as television’s No. 1 Tuesday night comedy in the key sales demographic. This season “According to Jim” has improved the half-hour for ABC by 14% among Total Viewers (10.3 million vs. 9.0 million) and by 13% among Adults 18-49 (4.4/11 vs. 3.9/9). “According to Jim,” which will be entering its fourth season in the fall, stars Jim Belushi as Jim, Courtney Thorne-Smith as Cheryl, Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Dana, Larry Joe Campbell as Andy, Taylor Atelian as Ruby and Billi Bruno as Gracie. Executive producer/writer is Jonathan Stark. Executive producers are Suzanne Bukinik and Marc Gurvitz. The series is from Touchstone Television in association with Brad Grey television.

Wednesday at 8:00 p.m., “My Wife and Kids” ranks a strong second to Fox, with its “Idol”-inflated numbers, among Total Viewers (10.1 million) and Adults 18-49 (3.8/11). “My Wife & Kids” will be entering its fifth season in the fall. Damon Wayans stars as Michael Kyle, Tisha Campbell-Martin as Jay Kyle, George O. Gore II as Jr., Jennifer Freeman as Claire Kyle, Parker McKenna Posey as Kady Kyle, Noah Gray-Cabey as Franklin, Andrew McFarlane as Tony and Brooklyn Sudano as Vanessa. Damon Wayans and Don Reo are co-creators and executive producers of “My Wife and Kids.” David Himelfarb and Dean Lorey are executive producers of the half-hour comedy series from Touchstone Television.

Since its premiere as a one-hour special in December 2002, “Extreme Makeover” has become a pop culture phenomenon—to the extent that the very title is now common vernacular. The show’s depiction of the truly Cinderella-like experience of the participants dramatically reveals how their lives are changed, not just their looks. “Extreme Makeover” greatly improved ABC’s delivery in one of the most competitive hours on television this season (Thursday 9:00-10:00 p.m.). The show boosted ABC’s totals in the hour by 1.3 million viewers (7.6 million vs. 6.3 million) and by 27% among Adults 18-49 (2.8/7 vs. 2.2/5) over the same point a year ago. In fact during its run, “Extreme Makeover” produced ABC’s strongest young adult ratings in the hour in three years – since the 2000-01 TV season. “Extreme Makeover” is produced by New Screen Entertainment and Lighthearted Entertainment. Chuck Bangert, Lou Gorfain and Howard Schultz are executive producers.

The anchor program for ABC’s “T.G.I.F.” lineup, “George Lopez” ranks No. 1 in its half-hour among Adults 18-49 (2.7/9) and Adults 18-34 (2.1/9). “George Lopez” will be entering into its fourth season next year. The series stars George Lopez as George, Constance Marie as Angie, Valente Rodgriguez as Ernie, Masiela Lusha as Carmen, Luis Armand Garcia as Max and Belita Moreno as Benny. Bruce Helford, Robert Borden, Academy Award-winner Deborah Oppenheimer and Sandra Bullock serve as executive producers. “George Lopez” is produced by Mohawk Productions, Inc. and Fortis Films, in association with Warner Bros. Television.

“Hope & Faith” leads Friday at 9:00 p.m. in Adults 18-49 (3.2/10). The comedy is generating enormous across-the-board time period improvement for ABC in the half-hour. Versus ABC’s delivery in the time period at the same point last season, “Hope & Faith” has boosted the Net’s totals by nearly 2.0 million viewers (8.6 million vs. 6.7 million) and by 23% among Adults 18-49 (3.2/10 vs. 2.6/8). “Hope & Faith,” which will be entering its second season, stars Faith Ford as Hope, Kelly Ripa as Faith, Ted McGinley as Charley, Nicole Paggi as Sydney, Macey Cruthird as Hayley and Paulie Litt as Justin. Creator/executive producer is Joanna Johnson. Executive producers are Emile Levisetti, Guymon Casady and Geyer Kosinksi. “Hope & Faith” is produced by Touchstone Television in association with Industry Entertainment.

“America’s Funniest Home Videos,” an American institution which for 14 seasons has brought laughter to millions of viewers with clips of everyday people caught on tape, celebrated its 300th episode in 2004, becoming one of only a handful of shows to ever reach that amazing milestone. During its 14 seasons on the air, the series has given away over $7 million in prize money. “America’s Funniest Home Videos” gives ABC a foothold at the beginning of Sunday’s primetime, as it gains 1.8 million viewers (7.2 million to 9.0 million) and 33% among young adults (2.1/6 to 2.8/8) throughout its telecast on average. Tom Bergeron is host and Vin Di Bona is executive producer of “America’s Funniest Home Videos.” Todd Thicke & Terry Moore are co-executive producers and Michele Nasraway is producer of the Vin Di Bona production.

“Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” recruits viewers to ABC Sunday at 8:00 p.m., surging from its lead-in by 1.8 million viewers and by 52% among Adults 18-49 on average. The show also shows strong build from start to finish, gaining 2.0 million viewers and 31% among Adults 18-49 from its first half-hour to its second half-hour. Since it moved into the hour, “Home Edition” has improved the time slot for ABC by 34% in Total Viewers (10.6 million vs. 7.9 million) and by 64% in Adults 18-49 (4.1/10 vs. 2.5/6) over the Net’s average with regular programming this season prior to its debut. “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. David Goldberg is president of Endemol USA. The series is executive-produced by Tom Forman and Craig Armstrong.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
ficlopri
Forum Regular

Sensational news about Hope and Faith.
ficlopri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:50 PM   #3
tvfan0101
Forum Regular

I actually saw my first episode of Hope & Faith last night. I must say, while it wasn't an outstanding half-hour of television it was very amusing. Kelly Ripa was quite good. I'm not surprised it was renewed.
tvfan0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:42 PM   #4
blaze
Occasional Poster

Regular programming was post poned where I live so I didn't get to watch last night's episode. Most of the episodes are quite funny and you should tune in to the season finale because it will be an hour long and all of kelly's soap friends will be there. The plot sounds hysterical.
blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:45 PM   #5
blaze
Occasional Poster

I'm so happy for Kelly, Faith and all of the people at Hope and Faith.
blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:06 PM   #6
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

Send a message via AIM to TVJunkie101

I'm very happy it was picked up for a 2nd season.

I had a feeling it would've been, but it's still good news all around.

I hope at least Life With Bonnie gets renewed too. That is such an underrated show. Same for Less Than Perfect.
TVJunkie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:01 AM   #7
Ant-Lox
Cloud Watcher

Wow, I just started watching this show a few weeks back and I got hooked on it. Good to see it's back for a new season, I'll have to watch more.
Ant-Lox is offline   Reply With Quote