Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC; Entourage Coming to VH1 Classic
Summer 2014 Week 7 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Continues to Lead in Emmy Nominations; WKRP and Wonder Years DVD Updates
Blog Book Review - George Burns Television Productions: The Series and Pilots, 1950-1981; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 14, 2014)
The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Hallmark Channel at 2014 TCA Summer Press Tour
Sean Hayes Joining The Millers; Remembering Bob Hastings of McHale's Navy
Hallmark Movie Channel Rebranding to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries; Disney Orders Second Season of Sitcom I Didn't Do It
'60s Batman Now on IFC; Wayans Brothers to Reunite in NJ
Summer 2014 Week 6 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Gets a Sixth Season After All; Fall Mill Creek DVD Releases

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #1
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Default TV shows/characters throwing parties while adults were gone.

How many TV shows have used the cliche where the child throws an innocent part gone wild? That seemed to be theme storyline back in the late 80's and early 90's.

I just finished watching an episode of 227 where daughter Brenda has her party canceled because she refuses to take back a revealing dress her parents won't allow her to wear. Brenda then moves the party to the Landlord's penthouse and things get a little out of hand.

The story of throwing the party with no adults has been used so many times. I want to find out what other shows have done the same idea. Opinions or shows, anyone?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
tvfan25
Frequent Poster

I think that Eddie from "Family Matters" had one while his parents were away.

On "Full House", Uncle Jesse had his band over practicing. Then DJ, Stephanie, Michelle & Joey came down and they were all singing and partying. Then Danny came home and got mad that the girls were not in bed.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
thebigcookie
Forum Regular

The Cosby Show had an episode in Season 5 where Cliff and Calir were away for a weekend, and Theo planned on having about 5 or 6 people over, but it turned out to be over 200 people and they destroyed everything in the house.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran
Keep Calm & Write Fan Fiction

Location: Seattle-Home to "Frasier" and the Superbowl 48 Champion Seattle Seahawks

Actually I just saw an episode of "Good Luck Charlie" Where the kids threw a party while their parents were away. But it turned out funnier than other shows I've seen.

(Spoiler alert coming, so if you don't want to know what happens, don't read any further).

The parents found out that the kids were having the party and decided to join in the fun, embarrassing them to death! I thought that was pretty clever!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
Tubehead

Default parties

their one were marrlory throws a party on family ties.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:00 AM   #6
James

Lightbulb

On The Wonder Years in the episode "The Lost Weekend" Kevin threw a party for a handful of friends, but everybody in the neighborhood (if not beyond!) came, creating a mess whose cleanup he compared to cleaning up after Woodstock! However, Wayne was blamed for it, probably given the bigger rap sheet he had with his parents.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

on Married With Children Bud and Kelly had Anthrax over and trashed the place

- and in another episode Bud and his "fraternity" had a party in the garage and Al came home and knocked over the food table parking his car and looked at Bud in disgust at how pathetic his "party" was
Old 03-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #8
robby76
Forum Regular

The very first episode of What's Happening loosely featured a party whilst someone's parents were away.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #9
andress_jade
I Dream of Jeannie 4-ever!

Location: Fredonia, KS wishing I was with Tony and Jeannie in Cocoa Beach!

On an episode of Fresh Prince Ashley threw a party that got out of hand. When it was over Ashley had a big mess on her hands and nobody stayed to help her clean up. She had to clean it up all by herself. The house was trashed.
In memory of: John Ritter, Hayden Rorke, Sidney Sheldon, Bob Denver, Don Knotts, Andy Griffith, Elizabeth Montgomery, Bea Arthur, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, David Angell, Christopher Reeve, Shirley Temple Black, Larry Hagman and Lucille Ball.

Golden Girls fan 4-ever!

Dr. Quinn fan 4-ever!

I Niles and Daphne!

John and Marlena 4-ever!

I Dream of Jeannie fan!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
Silly Lily
Frequent Poster

On Roseanne, Darlene and Becky threw a party that Dan and Roseanne knew about beforehand. It didn't get out of hand besides two guys fighting, and Jackie was there keeping an eye on things.

On Growing Pains, Mike threw a party while the family was at the grandparents' house. It got so out of hand that Mike called the cops, pretending to be a neighbor making a noise complaint, so that they would come and break the party up.

On Beverly Hills, 90210, Brandon and Brenda threw a party while their parents were at a conference. The house got trashed, and Brandon got in a car accident and was arrested for drunk driving when he went out on a beer run.

I believe on Saved By the Bell they had a toga party that also resulted in a drunk driving accident.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #11
chacha6581
Forum Regular

Well, On the Soprano's Meadow used her grandmother's house and there was an O.D. and a huge mess, does that count?
On The Wonder Years, Kevin had that party, and I think Wayne was blamed for it....
Freaks and Geeks, Lindsay had a party, and her brother and his friends switched her real keg with non alcoholic beer, and the kids were acting like they were drunk....
Old 03-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #12
megamanj2004

That '70s Show did this at least on 2 episodes:

One obvious instance was the episode when Jackie wanted a party for just her, Kelso, Donna and Eric and the uninvited Hyde and Fez, along with Kelso helped turned it into a big party mess, which upsets Jackie initially.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:56 AM   #13
julian bozo

The Simpsons Bart threw one.The grandpa was watching them.He cried (fakely)and tricked them into cleaning the house. Also Good Times. Wilona broke it up,well She joined in.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:12 AM   #14
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

One of my faves was "One Day At A Time" when Ann let Julie and Barbara threw a party and they were trying to hide the beer from chaperone David. LOL. That was a funny episode.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #15
jehobden

In the first episode of Family Ties that I ever saw (the second-ever, I think), Alex threw a party while his parents were away. I remember one line when Steven & Elise called wanting to speak with Mallory. Alex told them "She's insulating the attic!".