Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

CBS Midseason Pilot Review: Bad Teacher - Premieres Thursday, April 24; Rookie Blue Coming to ION Television in Fall 2014
Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
The Flying Dutchmans

Default 2012 The End of the World?

I live next to people who really are scared that the world will end on 12/21/12. OMG! They really think that this so called planet Nubiru is going to slam into Earth. We live in Central New York, and when my neighbor and I look up in the early evening sky, we see this bright star to the west that he thinks is Nubiru. I told him it's no such thing. That Bright Star is the Planet Venus. He doesn't believe me though. I said then if you don't have a Telescope, go online and look it up. At this time of year, 3 planets are visible to the naked eye. Venus--Mars and Saturn.

I am almost 50 years old and all my life, every generation thinks the world is coming to an end. In the 1970s and early 80s they thought Haley's comet would hit the earth and destroy it. The fact is, that the comet didn't even come as close to earth as it did in 1910. My sister in law is a christian and said, if it were coming to an end, it wouldn't be on that date, because if god didn't tell his own son when, he certainly wouldn't tell us.

So people? Just kick back and when 12/21/12 comes, just celebrate xmas like you always do and get ready to party for the the new year. 2013. Oh and you can laugh at those people who were paranoid because they will feel like idiots.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Regulus

Location: Nova Catacumba Exhibition Facility on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon. Avatar - A Blivet/Poiuyt/Widget

I'll be going on Vacation in a little less than three weeks. I'm traveling to Albuquerque, NM to see the Solar Eclipse on May 20. As with every vacation I've taken since 1985, I'll be doing my Christmas Shopping while I'm in the area. Now you know my position on this issue!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
tiredmike59

If it ends and I end up being the last one alive, I will be like the Omega man.
Driving new cars everyday and shooting zombies all night, and doing a hell of a lot more talking to myself than I do now.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
Vahan

The world will not end. Not by a longshot.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

I'll be having a party on the 20th of December, and it'll be a Christmas Party.

All I know is this is going to happen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bgBT-HFWKQ

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 05-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
Tubehead

i wont belive it unilt jesus come back i didn't hear about the pleant crashin iread some sincesits think the pleant going to line up then were going to gethitby gaint comeits like the dinosaur feel soorry for people who belive it i watch specail progam about people who worte book they wont you do gave them money. if you belive in jesus it wouldn't matteri reocmed checking out song called if it ends today by kutless http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu3_XhaF-HM
Old 05-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
strawberry cupcake
Forum Regular
back in action

when the good Lord is ready i guess. only He knows......

love peace n hair greese.

~dorothy
Old 05-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #8
Tubehead

I THINK fi itdoes end it in gods plan. gods knows every thing we do. even know many numbers of the hairs are on our headthat what it says in the bible.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #9
Tubehead

i really dont under stand whypeople wontthe world too end?. i never under stood that they say it like every twoorthree yeas. i bet nothing wil hapnningi feel sorryfor people who beliveit i watch this new about it these peopl are prayingoff people fear wont them to gave them money . its sad i don't under stand why peeople wont the wrold too end?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #10
D-Dey
Win The War!

Oh No

Most of these "predictions" about the world ending in 2012 seem to be based on the Mayan calendar. I suppose these people forgot that the Mayans were conquered by the Aztecs, so for all we know, it could still have been a work in progress. They also forgot that the same things were said about the ancient Egyptian calendar, before all that Y2K hysteria, and the same problems apply there.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
Penny Lane
Forum Veteran
Miguel Cabrera

Y- Tookie! Y- Tookie!