Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Cartoons/Animated Series Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Cartoons/Animated Series
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Nick Picks Up High School Comedy; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 4, 2014)
Antenna TV's Bewitched 50th Anniversary in September Hosted by Erin Murphy (Tabitha); Paramount Announces New Comedy for Web
TV Land Orders New Sitcom Starring Jim Gaffigan; FX Laughs It Up on Monday Nights with Sheen, Grammer and Lawrence
Melissa Joan Hart Explains It All On truTV Tonight; Comedy Central Renews Two Series for 3rd Seasons
FX Fall 2014: Mike & Molly Reruns Premiere; Jerry Seinfeld's Single Shots on Crackle
Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
TV It's Official: 'Beavis and Butt-Head' Returning to MTV Later This Year

After months of rumors, MTV confirmed Wednesday that Beavis and Butt-Head is returning to the network.

The animated series, created by Mike Judge, is scheduled to return later this year. The cast of MTV's Skins made the announcement at the network's upfront in New York.

The show, which aired from 1993-97, which features two heavy-metal music fans riffing on videos, trying to score with girls and generally just slacking off. Judge voiced the roles of both title characters.

The series spawned a feature film version, 1996's Beavis and Butt-Head Do America, that featured the voices of Bruce Willis, Demi Moore, Cloris Leachman, David Letterman and Robert Stack, among others.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blo...eturning-95743

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Heh-heh! cool!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
MikeL
Forum Legond

is it a new one or old ones
Old 02-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Brand new episodes. I'd like to hear their remarks about Lady Gaga and some of the other new artists.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #5
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
Brand new episodes. I'd like to hear their remarks about Lady Gaga and some of the other new artists.

Stewart has ditched his Winger shirt for Justin Bieber.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

YES!!

Old 02-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Awesome news!!! Now all they have to do is bring back or re-air the old episodes of Daria!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Meh. I'd MUCH rather see more new eps of King of the Hill. More half hour blocks of these guys mumbling and going "heheheh" I can do without.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #9
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell

I'd like to see where Beavis and Butthead would talk over music videos, like this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj3kTdx1QBw

Or even this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76yWZcsgwF8

Or if they want to mock the Brits (Beavis and Butt-Head don't like British Rock)...something like this!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiBI3A2WcrE

Too bad Mike Judge hasn't met-up with Mike Nelson for a Rifftrax Movie....

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 02-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
TMC

Default 'Beavis and Butt-Head' could be too much of a show for 'old people'

http://tunedin.blogs.time.com/2011/0...urning-to-mtv/

And by "old people," James Poniewozik is referring to Gen-X-ers like him when talking about the "Beavis and Butt-Head" comeback. "The series," he says, "was such a signal comedy of its time and generation that it feels like it would be out of place. There's something definitively Generation X about B&B's sarcastic, dismissive attitude—that dystopic, Mike-Judgean picture of a culture in decline that simultaneously derided the content of MTV and the soft, underchallenged audience watching it."
Old 03-16-2012, 02:22 AM   #11
TMC

Default The Future of Beavis and Butt-head

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105950/.../195554653?p=1

Quote:
My understanding is that Beavis and Butt-head is contracted for at least one more season, according to Mike Judge appearances and interviews.
Good Vibes was not good. Just an opinion.

But, if I know the world of today, MTV will undoubtedly cancel Beavis and Butt-head after the next season.

When the new season came on, I took the day off of work to watch the first episode. After that week, I couldn't afford to do that anymore. It seems that people became wise to the fact that MTV was posting the episodes online. I did.

MTV has gone out of their way to NOT promote this show well. Yeah, we know, as fans when it is on, but I don't see too many commercials for it, and as far as I can tell, they are not airing the previous season as reruns, but instead, filling the slot with something else.

They don't treat Beavis and Butt-head like they used to; with care.
For these reasons, MTV will most likely manufacture the demise of this show.

I would hate to say it, because I am one of the biggest fans of Beavis and Butt-head you can imagine. I own everything from all of the Mike Judge collections, to the Time Life collections, to the movie, to the King Turd collection, but I don't think that our favorite duo is going to last 2 more seasons if MTV doesn't start pushing them HARD.

This is a different era, with a different understanding on humor. Office Space came out when people got it. Idiocracy and Extract didn't fail because they were bad, they failed because they were smart, and people these days, especially kids, are stupid, and all they can successfully watch is quick to the punch Attention Deficit designed humor. Note the success of Family Guy, The Simpsons, and South Park. These shows have either come out in a modern enough era to help create the humor that our society accepts today, or they have changed their ways to adjust to modern society.

Beavis and Butt-head is the same as they have always been, and the show is just as good as it always was, but the modern world is not going to get it like we do. I'm 30, and I don't feel that old, but when I think of my ability to grasp the concepts of these shows and what they are inadvertently trying to say, THAT makes me feel out of touch. And that's only because I DO get it.

It's sad, but it's true. And it makes me sad to have to see it this way, because I would love to have Beavis and Butt-head until I'm old as hell.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
mets82

Of course they would cancel Beavis and Butthead. After all, they put them on, what happens to "Teen Mom", "16 and Pregnant" and MTV's favorite, The Jersey Shore???

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.