Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

I'm with Her links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / I'm with Her Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > I'm with Her

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrities Get Animated on Animal Planet; Freeform Drama Pilot Underway
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Game of Thrones Leads Emmy Nominations; New Beverly Hillbillies DVDs Coming in October
Fri-Yay: What Was the Best Decade for Sitcoms?; The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations
Netflix Gets Christina Applegate Comedy; South Park Returns Sept. 26 for Season 22
Alone Together Returns Aug. 1 on Freeform; Sony Crackle Gets Rob Riggle Comedy
CBS Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Freeform Announces Holiday Movies for 2018

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)

New Girl - The Complete Seventh Season Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-30-2003, 01:49 PM   #1
MonarC
The truth will set you free

Smile Sep 30th / "The Second Date"

For their second date, Patrick decides to take Alex dancing. Trouble is, he doesn't know how to dance, so he takes swing dancing lessons from Les (Jim Belushi), a burly dance instructor, in order to show Alex a swinging good time. But when Cheri informs Patrick that Alex can't dance, he decides to take Stevie's advice and take her on an expensive date befitting a movie star which could end up costing Patrick more than just money. Jimmy Kimmel (Jimmy Kimmel Live) makes a special cameo appearance
MonarC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 05:53 PM   #2
Faster
Frequent Poster

More Cheri, more better.
Faster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 11:24 AM   #3
Van_Smack
Frequent Poster

I liked that they added an opening to the show. I thought the tabloids were cleaver. I also liked the cameos. I think this might turn into a good show.
Van_Smack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 01:00 PM   #4
MonarC

That was so sweet that he took lessons just to show her a good time.. Now how many of you guys would do that? I also thought it was funny when he found out that the wine cost $700 WOW it better taste like heaven... Great Show!!!
Old 10-01-2003, 01:06 PM   #5
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

The 2nd episode was great. I usually don't watch romantic comedies but the 2 stars have great chemistry together. The supporting cast is supurb too. I also like the new theme song. Maybe the sitcom is making a comeback this year. I hope so.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:23 PM   #6
MonarC

I agree it is a great show and they have great chemisty...
but I really don't like the theme song

"is she really going out with him, is she really gonna take him home tonight..."

it's kind of chezzy imo... but oh well the show is still cute...
Old 10-01-2003, 03:03 PM   #7
*GoodMorningCalgary*
Banana Hammock!

I thought it was excellent! and the opening sequence was great too. If Happy Family ever gets cancelled I'll start watching this more often

Watch Scrubs on NBC! Tuesdays at 9:00
*GoodMorningCalgary* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 03:29 PM   #8
Van_Smack
Frequent Poster

I think I'm With Her is way better then Happy Family. I am tired of John Larroquette.
Van_Smack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 12:45 PM   #9
justinkase8
Frequent Poster

Every time Stevie pops up I can't help but laugh. That guy is sooooo funny!!! I mean, when he shows up as the limo driver???? Come on!! Hilarious. I want to see him and the sister hook up. That would be hilarious.
justinkase8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 03:42 PM   #10
Faster
Frequent Poster

I agree. I see a Stevie/Cheri wacky date episode coming. It would end horribly of course. Could be very funny.
Faster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 05:27 PM   #11
MonarC

Quote:
Originally posted by justinkase8
Every time Stevie pops up I can't help but laugh. That guy is sooooo funny!!! I mean, when he shows up as the limo driver???? Come on!! Hilarious. I want to see him and the sister hook up. That would be hilarious.
yeah good idea...
Old 03-23-2004, 11:20 PM   #12
Steve M.
Holding the compass
Forum Celebrity

I just the rerun tonight (March 23, 2004). This episode was hilarious! I was laughing all the way through! Even Jim Belushi made me split my sides! It had a sweet ending, with Patrick and Alex dancing in the courtyard, and I liked the "French sevens" and movie script jokes! Carol Leifer, Jerry Seinfeld's former girlfriend, wrote it -she still knows how to write a good sitcom episode!

As of tonight, "I'm With Her" has been on for exactly six months, and it's already outlasted more than a few freshman sitcoms. Let's hope it's here to stay for a while!

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE:

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS SCOTT WALKER - RICK SNYDER - JOHN KASICH - RICK SCOTT - PAUL LePAGE

ON THE CHARGE OF IMPERSONATING AN OFFICE!!
Steve M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 10:02 PM   #13
SapphireSkies
Frequent Poster

What a beautiful episode. And what a treat to finally see it again almost six months after its initial airing. I think I was mistaken. I said "The Musical" was the first full episode I watched, but I think that was actually "The Second Date." "The Musical" certainly sold me on the show, though. Or more accurately, a combination of "The Musical" and "The Weekend Away."

Anyway, after having grown so close to Alex and Patrick over the past six months, it was interesting to watch them again in their earliest days together. The little uncertainties. The slightly awkward exchanges. This was all new to them, and they weren't entirely sure how to handle it yet. Sweet in its own way.

Loved the scene early on with Cheri and the security camera. Alex and Patrick are too boring, so she's going to go back to watching the raccoons in the garbage. Patrick tells her he's looking forward to meeting her...and the camera glares at him in silence. Great stuff.

Jim Belushi as the dance instructor was an excellent touch. The whole idea of him prancing around and being graceful is a kick. "You're touching another guy, and the world didn't end."

Every moment of the dinner in the classy French restaurant was, to quote Patrick's ex-girlfriend from "The Smarty Party," delicious. The waiter with the script about the world of ventriloquism, the story that must be told. The evils of the kitchen. Patrick's stressing over the cost of the wine, the wonderfully dry wit of the waiter, and Patrick's mounting hysteria. Hilarious.

Scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 9. Solid blend of romance and comedy throughout. Way to go.
SapphireSkies is offline   Reply With Quote