Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Mid-Season 2019 Schedule; Amy Sedaris Laffer Returns Feb. 19 on truTV
ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season
Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-08-2016, 11:36 PM   #136
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger
* Perhaps the most interesting segments were at the tail end of episode two. Curtis Eng has led the Cooper investigation in recent years. He did a very rare interview by FBI standards and all but announced that Rackstraw was ruled out by his predecessors decades ago.

Eng then said (paraphrased), "Of the suspects we do have, while none of them can be eliminated, they can't be proven as Cooper to the point of criminal proceedings."

That was Eng's persistent theme, the need to identify someone to degree of certainty to present to his superiors for a criminal case.

It's safe to say that McCoy, while deceased, is still on that main suspect list.

Billy Jensen impressed me with the astute questioning throughout the program, far superior to the journalists or the former FBI guy who served as co-host. Jensen asked Eng about the 8 cigarette butts that Cooper left in the plane, and value for DNA evidence. Eng matter of factly said that current standards of protocol were not followed in 1971. In other words, the immediate investigation was every bit as flawed as many accounts have described. They blew it with the cigarette butts. Eng said the only DNA profile is a partial profile, that there are several sources of DNA on the item, and the profile would not be useful in prosecution. Presumably that profile is contained on the dark JC Penney Towncraft clip on tie and tie clasp that Cooper left on the plane. I've mentioned that one McCoy relatives and some friends identified that tie as belonging to McCoy.

Did a Swiss Baron prefer a JC Penney clip on tie?

* Concluding the second episode there was a great interview with reclusive stewardess Tina Mucklow, and the co-pilot. Mucklow became a nun and hadn't given an interview since the days following the event. They provided terrific anecdotes and description. In particular, I always wondered why the crew didn't try to bolt the cockpit during the refueling/money stop while Cooper was distracted, essentially stranding Cooper in the plane and ending the event. The co-pilot said that was his plan, but that the other two stewardesses unknowingly foiled it by remaining in the plane while Mucklow went back and forth inside to outside under Cooper's direction. Otherwise the crew could have exited the same stairs as the stewardesses and Cooper would have had to sense the problem and get down to ground level to witness the fleeing feet under cover of curtains.

* Mucklow was shown pictures of Rackstraw along with a video interview of Rackstraw from 1979 when he was a Cooper suspect while being prosecuted for another crime. Mucklow said she didn't recognize Rackstraw as Cooper.

To be fair, the program should have used pictures of the other principal suspects and shown them to Mucklow. This will be her only interview. She made that quite clear. I have no doubt she would not have identified McCoy as Cooper. That is my impression from long ago accounts. No matter. Her response should be on the record, on that matter and countless others.
My two top suspects would be christiansen and McCoy. Christiansen had the ties to the company, but I don't know if he had the ability or fits the physical profile as well as McCoy did. Everyone here already knows the detail of them both I assume. Awsi I will look to find your thoughts on Christiansen if you have not posted them I would like to know them.

McCoy looked older than his age in the photo ive seen. McCoy had the training to survive the jump and clearly would have been the only suspect that clearly had the stones to even attempt it. Which is why I lean towards him. He pulled off almost a carbon copy of the crime later, but my only problem is that he left behind key evidence in that crime that he did not leave in the cooper crime(the written notes) which led to his capture. it could have been a simple mistake due to the adrenaline factor. I also wonder why the FBI having caught him is unwilling to sight him publicly as the main prime suspect since they actually captured him and killed him. I know of the individual that made the claim that he killed McCoy and cooper at the same time.

The novice theorists want us to believe that he basically had no idea of the elements and circumstances of the jump, but planned and executed everything else 100%. It just does not make sense. Clearly the location and weather was planned especially if this person had aviation knowledge. You don't even have to be a pilot to know that weather and elements in flight factor into flying and the environment. forget about jumping from a plane lol. also this would have been a key factor into him being able to get away. no one saw him because of the weather and terrain.

I also look at the money. I don't know if it is true but I heard that the feds gave him a bank type bag that was zipped closed. This would have made it more difficult for him to carry. how did he lose some of the money, but not all? did the bag decompose on the ground? Did someone else find the bag and took some money but not all? did it become unzipped somehow? did cooper plant some of the money to make it appear that he died? The fact that the money never circulated is a coy statement. if may indeed have circulated they just cannot trace it unless they find it somehow which clearly they never found it all.

this sort of reminds me of the Alcatraz escape in that oh these guys planned for two years how to escape the rock, but never once accounted for the water lol so they must have drowned instantly. It would be like your dog or cat finally escaping out the door but stopping and thinking you know what I never thought about what I would do if I actually got through. The feds could not solve the crime so they want them to have died.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:22 AM   #137
DALLASTEXAN!!

On another note I never realized john list was an FBI suspect initially. and some people try to tie the zodiac lol. so I guess that means TED K?? What about William Bradford bishop?
Old 09-10-2016, 12:24 AM   #138
plmkr88
Frequent Poster

i think too many things about McCoy make sense as far as him being Cooper.

imho...there's a greater than 50% chance its him. probably closer to 70%.
plmkr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:00 AM   #139
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmkr88
i think too many things about McCoy make sense as far as him being Cooper.

imho...there's a greater than 50% chance its him. probably closer to 70%.
Something small I noticed in the UM segment. McCoy was a helo pilot in the army and flew green burret missions so he would have had quite the training and survival skills. Obviously McCoy did successfully pull off the same heist later. But in some of the details of that heist that I read it seemed more chaotic. In the reenactment Cooper calls the pilots fly boys. That is usually somewhat of a slight degrading term that non pilot military members use to describe a pilot. It is an older term and I don't hear it used much anymore but it got my attention. I wonder if it was an UM add for spice or if that is what he indeed told Tina when he instructed her to go into the cockpit. Tina described him as very calm and UM portrayed him as mostly calm but more confrontational towards the end.

Last edited by DALLASTEXAN!!; 09-10-2016 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #140
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

Authorities have a new clue into who DB Cooper might have been:

http://m.seattlepi.com/news/article/...r-10857175.php
Love A Good Mystery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #141
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love A Good Mystery
a new clue
It looks like this is being funded by The Travel Channel, so the possibility exists that they need something to frame a program around:

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/new-...oyee/385924766

They're publishing a running list of what elements they found:

http://www.citizensleuths.com/mccrone1.html
Alan Brady's Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:54 AM   #142
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

I have to believe that Mr. Cooper had been skydiving before. I can't believe he would plan this out, with his intent to parachute out of an airliner (into harsh terrain, no doubt) unless he had experience sky diving. This was going to be tough to pull off under the best circumstances. Even if he survived the parachute ride to the ground, how was he going to get to where he needed to go?

Then again, maybe he was just really desperate and not thinking rationally...
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:37 AM   #143
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
I have to believe that Mr. Cooper had been skydiving before. I can't believe he would plan this out, with his intent to parachute out of an airliner (into harsh terrain, no doubt) unless he had experience sky diving. This was going to be tough to pull off under the best circumstances. Even if he survived the parachute ride to the ground, how was he going to get to where he needed to go?

On one of the programs, a parachute expert said of the two choices he had, he made the worst choice of parachute--one which could not be controlled and was going to just drop him like cargo--but then, given the conditions, he could not have seen where the heck he was going, to control it.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:53 AM   #144
DALLASTEXAN!!

Well there is a lot of info out there on this. And depending on who you talk to you hear different things. A recreational/amateur/even professional jumper would not attempt such a jump. No one in their right mind would. So for me that has little bearing on this and such statements can be dismissed. The fact is we still know little about i and probably will never know the truth. I have a feeling the person knew more about the aircraft due to inside or past experience. And the jumper also had experience in jumping and surviving. To what extent we don't know. But given the location that was chosen i get that feeling.

I don't know about this latest update. Could just be another plan for more television coverage.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:48 PM   #145
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

The TV program Expedition Unknown did a Cooper episode, including a new theory for jump location and how years of searching have been in the wrong place, and the program host, Josh Gates, taking credit for putting the people testing the tie in touch with a lab which found 100,000 particles instead of 700, and was able to test them all and isolate the most interesting among them.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:20 PM   #146
LakeForestPI
Banned
Banned!!

Has the FBI commented on the new tests done on the tie? Its unfathomable that the Feds would not have done this test before they said they were dropping the case. If this test is legit and the FBI didnt bother to do it themselves, its an unbleievable lapse on their part.
Ive always believed it was McCoy and I will believe that till its been proven otherwise.
LakeForestPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:51 PM   #147
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

The TV program said the FBI had closed the case unsolved, then these other people got permission to test the tie, but it was a painfully slow process by hand until they were helped by resources available through the program. They also said the suspect smoked eight cigarettes, and even one might contain DNA which could help identify him, but the FBI had lost them all!
Old 01-22-2017, 11:47 AM   #148
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

The Boeing connection makes a ton of sense. The obvious fact is that he was in the part of the country near the Boeing facilities. Secondly, he had seemed to have good familiarity with the Boeing 727. Some of this could be learned elsewhere, but it does tie in with this new theory (no pun intended).

I wonder what records Boeing has of its employees going back that far. It's crazy to think microscopic metal parts on the necktie could help solve this case so many years later. I guess almost any case can be solved if new technology comes up.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:01 PM   #149
zack007attack
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller

One of the interviewees in the UM segment stated that nobody knew what Cooper wore under the suit nor what he had in his pockets or briefcase; they very well could have been the tools of survival. Odds are he had a plan in place once he got on the ground, wherever he landed. If he had a compass with him and/or training in land navigation, plus outdoor survival skills (which he most assuredly would have if he was a military veteran), he could have easily made it out of the wilderness and back into civilization unscathed.

He already told the aircrew how they were to refuel the plane then under what conditions to fly it once they were airborne again (flaps, altitude, etc). So if he had planned that in advance, he most likely had a ground survival plan as well. I strongly believe that even if McCoy was not DB Cooper, he still makes for a strong argument that Cooper could have survived.
zack007attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:24 AM   #150
Steve W.
Forum Regular

I don't know what to think about this case, but I do know that there's a song (originally recorded in 1980) that references it called "The Passenger" by the group Wall Of Voodoo (same group that had the song "Mexican Radio", for those of you that might have grown up in the early '80's or just know about music from the early '80's, like myself).

I would post a video of them performing it just for kicks, but I'm assuming that "the forbidden site" is still forbidden on here.
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote