Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Orders 3rd Season of Will & Grace Revival; Lifetime Upfront Sets Premiere Dates for New Drama and Movie
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of March 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Dax Shepard Cast in Recurring Role on The Ranch; Jake McDorman Joins Murphy Brown Revival
Fri-Yay: Why Netflix Should Renew One Day at a Time; Freeform Sets Date for Final Season of Sitcom, and Orders a Movie
Food Network Brings Out Sitcom Stars; Alexis Bledel Joins Popular Hulu Series
ABC Picks Up Reality Staples for 2018-2019; CNBC to Revive Deal or No Deal
Fuller House Gets New Showrunners; Hulu Gets Big Stars for Series
HBO to Launch Wyatt Cenac Series; Santa Clarita Diet Season 2 Trailer
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of March 12, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: TNT Cancels The Librarians; Marla Gibbs to Appear in Grey's Anatomy Spinoff

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)

Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season One Day at a Time - Season Two

02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/06 - Women of the House - Complete 12 Episode Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season
03/13 - The New Adventures of Old Christine - The Complete First Season
03/27 - One Day at a Time - Season Two
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-06-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
Send a message via ICQ to DJM77
Default Anyone else ever have any sitcom related dreams?

I don't recall having any in the last 10 or 12 years, but I would have them frequently when I was a kid and when I was in my 20's.

These are the ones that I recall. I fully realize that a lot of these are very bizarre.

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

I had this dream when I was about 8 years old and it scared the living mess out of me!

The opening comes on, but instead of getting the “Love Is All Around” theme that I'm used to I get the early seasons theme to The Bob Newhart Show. Judging from the clips in the opening credits the premise of the show also seems to be very different than what I'm used to. In every clip of the opening credits there's this guy being very affectionate towards Mary. At one point they're making out in the middle of a busy elementary school hallway. The opening credits end and then there's this shot of about 10 monkeys in the woods somewhere.

Male voice over: Hey, where's Mary Tyler Moore?
Monkeys: (in high pitch voices) Mary Tyler Moore isn't here right now, hahahahahaha!

All In The Family

I was watching some documentary about how Rob Reiner had become a serial killer shortly after leaving the series.

Sanford & Son

Lamont and Rallo are in a car being chased by the police. They both keep saying “Oh no, they're after us!”

That's My Mama

Eloise (Mama) walks into the kitchen and Clifton is sitting at the table drinking coffee with sunglasses on.

Eloise: Clifton, there you are! Where have you been?
Clifton: Aw, I was out partying all night.
Eloise: Well, what kind of poison did you get into you this time?!
Clifton: (in weird sounding voice) Champagne...cocaine...and some other stuff. I don't remember.

One Day At A Time

Ann and Barbara walk into the apartment and then all of the sudden there's this very loud banging on the wall noise that sounds like it's coming from the other room. They both get terrified looks on their faces and then Ann looks at Barbara and says “Julie's back...and she's on druuuugggss!!!”

What's Happening!!

I walk into the Thomas house and I see Rerun walking down the stairs.

Me: Hey, Rerun!
Rerun: Hey.

He looked and sounded like he was very depressed.

The opening credits/theme music come on and they're both about 5 times faster than they normally are.

WKRP In Cincinnati

I'm leaving the barber shop when I see Dr. Johnny Fever standing across the street with a gun pointed at me. I get back inside and then I try going back outside about 20 minutes later, but he's still standing in the same spot with a gun pointed at me.

Diff'rent Strokes

A bunch of dreams about the series showing up in syndication in various places.

The Facts Of Life

The Willis character walks through the door and gets a big round of applause from the studio audience. Then all of the sudden the words “It's Todd Bridges!” appear in big white letters at the bottom of the screen.

The series premiered at some point in the mid 70's and the Sam character had a steady girlfriend (not Diane).

Mama's Family

Iola: That's a bunch of bullhell!
Thelma: A bunch of what?!
Iola: Bullhell!
Thelma: Iola, didn't your mother ever teach you how to cuss?!
Iola: Mother says it all the time!

Charles In Charge

Jamie is seen dialing the phone. Then my phone rings. Jamie is on the other end.

Growing Pains

The dream involved Carol and a bumblebee. I don't remember all of the details. I think that it was really too bizarre to put into words anyway.

Full House

DJ and I are playing Nintendo in the middle of a grocery store.
Marge: There are only 49 stars on that flag.
Abe: I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missouri!

Last edited by DJM77 : 10-06-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:13 AM   #2

Gilligan's Island: The season 1 opening where, as the theme goes to the "and the rest" part, a weird-looking shape fades in and through the magic of animation breaks apart and transforms into the GI logo.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
Forum Regular
80s/90s tv fan
Location: SEA, NY, CHI, COL | WA, BOS, BAL, MIA | KY, VT | Twin Peaks, Lanford, Dillon, Sunnydale, Stars Hollow | Springfield, Duckburg | Everwood

I remember having had a dream involving Friends.
It has happened more or less 10 years ago, I remember some part of it because I wrote about it on a forum I visited back then.
I was in New York and spent the evening with the gang; in the end I had to catch some special train to go back home and Phoebe was very nice to give me directions to fet the train. There was something more funny or weird about it, but that's all I can remember.
Darlene Conner fanboy
Location is where my favorite tv shows take place.

Frasier, Friends, Roseanne, Family Ties, The Nanny
The X-Files, Ally McBeal, Buffy, Gilmore Girls, Friday Night Lights
Twin Peaks, The Wire, Deadwood, Justified, Miami Vice
Old 10-15-2017, 06:07 AM   #4
Forum Veteran
Sue and Sean Forever!

I used to watch Frasier a lot late at night and I'd wake up thinking about Niles, but I don't remember any specific dream I had about the show in general or about Niles Crane.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:18 AM   #5
Ciao, baby!

I’ve dreamed about being on Night Court and The Brady Bunch several times.
I love John Larroquette.

And Harry Anderson too.

Antenna TV, MeTV, Decades, Laff, and Cozi TV, please add Dave's World and The John Larroquette Show to your lineups. Thank you.

PLEASE release a complete series boxset of The John Larroquette Show (and the final season of Dave's World). Thanks.

You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle - Harry T. Stone.