Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Acquires Newhart Starting March 2018; Santa Clarita Diet Brings Out More Stars for Season 2
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix's Disjointed to End After One Season; Will & Grace Revival Coming to DVD
Fri-Yay: Is the Era of the "Sadcom" Over?; TBS Lands Pilot from Emmy Winner
The CW to Expand to 6 Nights; Netflix Gets 5th Season of Grace and Frankie
CBS Renews Digital Sitcom; Judy Greer Is Not Kidding, She Joins Jim Carrey Comedy
Rare Gems on getTV for Black History Month; Showtime Comedy Pilot Brings Out the Stars
ABC Crossovers Set for March 1; Tosh.0 Gets 3 Additional Seasons Thru 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 12, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Tosh.0 Gets Three Season Renewal; New DVDs for Diff'rent Strokes and More
Fri-Yay: High Concept Sitcoms; Bravo's Imposters Returns in April


New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)

Trial & Error - The Complete First Season Superior Donuts - Season One Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season

01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
01/16 - Trial & Error - The Complete First Season
01/22 - Superior Donuts - Season One
01/23 - Baskets - The Complete Season Two
02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #46
DarkDante
Senior Member
Member
 
DarkDante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 27, 2002
Posts: 1,542
Default

Haynes is now claiming that he might be in possession of videotape of the actual moment when Stephen Shroyer's train ran the boys over. Apparently Haynes claims to have videotaped the entire incident himself. In the words of the late Gorilla Monsoon, all of this is "highly unlikely".

That being said I guess the introduction of videotape sort of makes this a put up/shut up type scenario. Either he has videotaped proof of his involvement in these murders or he doesn't. The evidence brought up regarding BJH's wrestling schedule in this thread is telling and I have to agree with the consensus who feel that it would be highly irregular given the WWF's schedule in the 1980s for BJH to somehow be on sight for the "Boys On The Tracks" murders.

That said, probably the most credible piece of evidence that could tie BJH to this case may be BJH himself. I could easily see him getting tangled up in this whole mess back in 1987 and also be hard up enough where he would be willing to get involved as well. Professional wrestling pays well but not well enough to sustain a high lifestyle, the proof of which can be found in how many professional wrestling heroes from the eighties are flat out broke today.

Above and beyond everything else though if BJH truly can help Linda and Larry Ives then by all means I hope he is able to give them the credible information needed to see this case to a close. Linda and Larry deserve all the credit in the world for seeing this case out for as long as they have.

http://katv.com/news/local/more-from...tracks-witness
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #47
James T
Forum Regular
Member
 
James T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 23, 2006
Location: England
Posts: 898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiussat
Sorry, but that is funny.

He also said that around that time BJH was being "pushed" by Vince and shortly after that date, BJH became a jobber. He said BJH has said for many years he was a drug enforcer, so he didn't just invent that story now.

He wasn't being pushed massively & after that date he was still in a similar spot-teaming up with another lunatic jailbird Ken Patera who were picking up wins & feuding with Demolition on a lengthy house show run. He certainly wasn't a jobber-just he was more a mid-card to upper mid-card guy. His only real push was before the Hercules match at WM 3. Other than being flaky-look at the amount of no shows he did in 1987/1988 he was very limited-his interviews were bad, he wasn't really charismatic & his work was average. Really he got by purely on his body/look.

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:58 PM   #48
wiseguy182
Senior Member
Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiussat
I got a friend who is a huge wrestling fanatic and he was telling me many of the same stories when I asked him about BJH. He'd never heard of the Ives/Henry case, but I gave him the date and he looked into it. He said BJH was in the Northeast 3 days before that date and in Cali a few days after the date.

I remember mentioning earlier in the thread that Haynes wrestled on the night of the 21st in Detroit and on the night of the 25th in California. Henry and Ives were killed on the 23rd.
__________________
"Dottie had said, in the event I got transferred that she was not interested in going with me. I wasn't expecting her to go with me. And wouldn't have even wanted her to I guess."
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:07 AM   #49
wiseguy182
Senior Member
Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,903
Default

Haynes says he made 8-10 thousand a week during his time with the WWE, and that was in 1980's dollars. Very good money. He says he planned to retire at 35.

I recall stating earlier that Haynes claims to be in possession of the videotape of the train running over the boys. Regardless of whether he does or not, this claim isn't going to help him any. One of the boys was still alive at that point, so if he videotaped it, but didn't, you know, pull the boys off the tracks, he is going to come off as an ass for not helping. He's really dug himself into a hole here. I'm not sure he knew one of the boys was still alive before the train arrived.

Article that says Haynes worked at least 26 days a month on average and at one point, worked 97 days in a row. Unclear how he'd find time to have a side job.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...billy_jac.html

Btw, his lawsuit, as you might imagine, was dismissed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:29 AM   #50
wiseguy182
Senior Member
Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,903
Default

Oh Lord, check out THIS. Haynes claims to have personally laid Henry and Ives on the tracks. He also said that the arrangement for him being there in the first place was to catch whoever was stealing the drug money and kill them. He basically says he had a duty to serve "the criminal politician" and his loyalty didn't lie with two beaten kids.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/...acks/979068443

I don't even know what to make of all of that. Haynes is crazy, a pathological liar and an ass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:15 AM   #51
James T
Forum Regular
Member
 
James T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 23, 2006
Location: England
Posts: 898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
Haynes says he made 8-10 thousand a week during his time with the WWE, and that was in 1980's dollars. Very good money. He says he planned to retire at 35.

I recall stating earlier that Haynes claims to be in possession of the videotape of the train running over the boys. Regardless of whether he does or not, this claim isn't going to help him any. One of the boys was still alive at that point, so if he videotaped it, but didn't, you know, pull the boys off the tracks, he is going to come off as an ass for not helping. He's really dug himself into a hole here. I'm not sure he knew one of the boys was still alive before the train arrived.

Article that says Haynes worked at least 26 days a month on average and at one point, worked 97 days in a row. Unclear how he'd find time to have a side job.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...billy_jac.html

Btw, his lawsuit, as you might imagine, was dismissed.

8-10 grand a week for somebody in his spot on the card in that era sounds totally untrue-that would be in the vicinity of 500k a year & one assumes that doesn't figure in merchandise sales. I think between 200-300k is a far more likely figure. Putting that into some context fast forward to 1991 & Bret Hart who became I-C champ that year earned 250k, by 1994 when he was headlining & been world champ twice he was on 400k a year-so why would Haynes be earning so much more as a mid-carder?

Haynes if telling the truth will be confessing to a murder & as there is no statute of limitations for that offence I believe.

Sadly for Haynes that 97 days straight claim is disproved at History Of WWE-from the summer of 1986 to early 1988 when he left he had a tough schedule yes, but there were days off-often he went a week or more without any shows. Also he no-showed a lot of dates in 1987/1988.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:22 AM   #52
James T
Forum Regular
Member
 
James T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 23, 2006
Location: England
Posts: 898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
Oh Lord, check out THIS. Haynes claims to have personally laid Henry and Ives on the tracks. He also said that the arrangement for him being there in the first place was to catch whoever was stealing the drug money and kill them. He basically says he had a duty to serve "the criminal politician" and his loyalty didn't lie with two beaten kids.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/...acks/979068443

I don't even know what to make of all of that. Haynes is crazy, a pathological liar and an ass.

So let's think about that for a second-Haynes who claims to be earning half a million dollars a year legally-although in reality it is likely 300k year or thereabouts but still good money for that era, is accepting a gig in Arkansas where he goes there knowing he is going to commit murder for which he could spend life in prison or even the death penalty if apprehended &how much was he being paid to do this? Hired muscle generally don't get paid much-so he is putting his career & life on the line for 50-100k most likely, yeah sure. He may be crazy but he isn't that stupid.

I really detest this guy for what he is doing to this family-imagine telling them you saw their kids being murdered & guess what I took part in it, all so he can get his hands on some donations & get his name back in the news. Yes, the parents should have worked out he is a mentally unbalanced con artist, just parroting off details available to everybody via 5-10 minutes of researching the case online, but they are desperate people. This isn't a damn wrestling angle, or working the marks-this is real life with people suffering.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:52 AM   #53
wiseguy182
Senior Member
Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
8-10 grand a week for somebody in his spot on the card in that era sounds totally untrue-that would be in the vicinity of 500k a year & one assumes that doesn't figure in merchandise sales. I think between 200-300k is a far more likely figure. Putting that into some context fast forward to 1991 & Bret Hart who became I-C champ that year earned 250k, by 1994 when he was headlining & been world champ twice he was on 400k a year-so why would Haynes be earning so much more as a mid-carder?

I thought that number was a little high, but it was coming from Haynes himself, so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
Haynes if telling the truth will be confessing to a murder & as there is no statute of limitations for that offence I believe.

That is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
Also he no-showed a lot of dates in 1987/1988.

Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
So let's think about that for a second-Haynes who claims to be earning half a million dollars a year legally-although in reality it is likely 300k year or thereabouts but still good money for that era, is accepting a gig in Arkansas where he goes there knowing he is going to commit murder for which he could spend life in prison or even the death penalty if apprehended &how much was he being paid to do this? Hired muscle generally don't get paid much-so he is putting his career & life on the line for 50-100k most likely, yeah sure. He may be crazy but he isn't that stupid.

I agree, it sounds ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
I really detest this guy for what he is doing to this family-imagine telling them you saw their kids being murdered & guess what I took part in it, all so he can get his hands on some donations & get his name back in the news. Yes, the parents should have worked out he is a mentally unbalanced con artist, just parroting off details available to everybody via 5-10 minutes of researching the case online, but they are desperate people. This isn't a damn wrestling angle, or working the marks-this is real life with people suffering.

I can certainly understand Kevin's parents wanting to have the case solved and see justice, but I do worry Linda is getting her hopes up too high without the proper vetting. I have no idea if Haynes really believes what he is saying or is purposefully lying for some ulterior motive. It's well known that Bill Clinton, a former President, was the governor of Arkansas at the time of the Henry/Ives murders. I don't think politics has anything to do with it as Haynes was decidedly left-leaning in his shoot interview, although maybe he has some personal dislike of the Clintons and is trying to bring them down. Who knows what goes on in that brain.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:55 AM   #54
wiseguy182
Senior Member
Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,903
Default

Anyone know if Don Henry's father is still alive?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:55 AM   #55
wiseguy182
Senior Member
Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,903
Default

It appears Curtis Henry is still alive. Linda Ives said this on the Reddit AMA last year.

"I am not in touch with Don's family and have not been in many years, so I have no idea what, if anything they have done. Curtis Henry, Don's dad, is a friend of Dan Harmon, (who numerous witnesses name as one of the killers). He testified as a character witness at harmon's criminal trial where he was convicted years later of running a criminal enterprise out of the prosecutor's office. He also testified for kirk Lane and Jay campbell in a civil trial, both of whom have been names as suspects."

Uh. So Don's dad is friends with the guy that killed his son? He always struck me as a birdbrain. I remember in the segment he said "I didn't know you could get in trouble just for hunting." Uh, yeah, there's lots of ways you can.

Linda Ives also says this, in response to a question about whether there was anything about the case not publicly known:

"A large number of homosexuals are connected in various ways to the case. There was semen in Don's underwear."

I don't know what to make of that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #56
James T
Forum Regular
Member
 
James T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 23, 2006
Location: England
Posts: 898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
It appears Curtis Henry is still alive. Linda Ives said this on the Reddit AMA last year.

"I am not in touch with Don's family and have not been in many years, so I have no idea what, if anything they have done. Curtis Henry, Don's dad, is a friend of Dan Harmon, (who numerous witnesses name as one of the killers). He testified as a character witness at harmon's criminal trial where he was convicted years later of running a criminal enterprise out of the prosecutor's office. He also testified for kirk Lane and Jay campbell in a civil trial, both of whom have been names as suspects."

Uh. So Don's dad is friends with the guy that killed his son? He always struck me as a birdbrain. I remember in the segment he said "I didn't know you could get in trouble just for hunting." Uh, yeah, there's lots of ways you can.

Linda Ives also says this, in response to a question about whether there was anything about the case not publicly known:

"A large number of homosexuals are connected in various ways to the case. There was semen in Don's underwear."

I don't know what to make of that.

Well that is interesting if true-I know the original autopsies were botched but was there anything about rectal trauma when they were redone? Don't recall anything & pretty sure that would have been released. Semen in the underwear without that would more indicate something like masturbation-maybe mutual, was it tested & what results came back?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #57
wiseguy182
Senior Member
Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
Well that is interesting if true-I know the original autopsies were botched but was there anything about rectal trauma when they were redone? Don't recall anything & pretty sure that would have been released. Semen in the underwear without that would more indicate something like masturbation-maybe mutual, was it tested & what results came back?

No idea. I was shocked when I read that comment she made and am still trying to process it.

I also read in one of the articles I posted that both of the boys were handcuffed and beaten. Man, that is frightening. I'm sure those poor boys were terrified.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #58
Huskerz85
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2006
Location: Westeros
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
Haynes is now claiming that he might be in possession of videotape of the actual moment when Stephen Shroyer's train ran the boys over. Apparently Haynes claims to have videotaped the entire incident himself. In the words of the late Gorilla Monsoon, all of this is "highly unlikely".

That being said I guess the introduction of videotape sort of makes this a put up/shut up type scenario. Either he has videotaped proof of his involvement in these murders or he doesn't. The evidence brought up regarding BJH's wrestling schedule in this thread is telling and I have to agree with the consensus who feel that it would be highly irregular given the WWF's schedule in the 1980s for BJH to somehow be on sight for the "Boys On The Tracks" murders.

That said, probably the most credible piece of evidence that could tie BJH to this case may be BJH himself. I could easily see him getting tangled up in this whole mess back in 1987 and also be hard up enough where he would be willing to get involved as well. Professional wrestling pays well but not well enough to sustain a high lifestyle, the proof of which can be found in how many professional wrestling heroes from the eighties are flat out broke today.

Above and beyond everything else though if BJH truly can help Linda and Larry Ives then by all means I hope he is able to give them the credible information needed to see this case to a close. Linda and Larry deserve all the credit in the world for seeing this case out for as long as they have.

http://katv.com/news/local/more-from...tracks-witness


Jesus. This guy is definitely off his rocker (probably has a good case of CTE after taking so many hard hits)
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Lifetime

Lifetime Schedule / Lifetime Site

Escape Schedule / Escape Site



Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.