Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Multicast Network Start TV Launches Sept. 3 with Female Dramas; Insatiable Premieres Aug. 10 with Debby Ryan and Alyssa Milano
Showtime Gets Jillian Bell for Comedy; Rev Run Sitcom Preview
Rugrats Revived on Nickelodeon; Vanilla Ice Project Returns Aug. 11
Guests Line Up for Caroline Rhea Series; UnREAL Season 4 Premieres on Hulu
Celebrities Get Animated on Animal Planet; Freeform Drama Pilot Underway
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Game of Thrones Leads Emmy Nominations; New Beverly Hillbillies DVDs Coming in October

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)

New Girl - The Complete Seventh Season Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

Madderest Inconsiderate

I own several dvds and every night i bring a few to work to help pass the time. a girl at work was looking at them one morning and asked to borrow one. after much begging, i reluctantly agreed, as i rarely loan out my stuff. i take meticulous care of my things and they are all in pristine condition.

so when she finally gave it back to me the disc was full of scratches and fingerprints and even the dvd case was cracked! i think thats so rude to treat other peoples property like junk! when i borrow something from somebody i treat it 10x better than my own belongings out of respect for that person.

i know people might think "whatever, its a $10 dvd" but 1. its the principle 2. this was from my christmas movie collection which made it that more important to me and 3. the dvd has been out of print for quite a while. i originally bought in 2001 for $10 and now it costs anywhere between $40-60 on ebay, amazon and other sites i researched.
PunkyP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

I don't blame you for being pi**ed. This is why I would NEVER lend mine out. I'd find an excuse. Some, if I get a little tired of them, I'd just give away.

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:44 AM   #3
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

I think your coworker was very inconsiderate. If the DVD was still in print, I would ask her to pick you up a new copy. That is the least that she could do.

By the way, what are you doing watching movies at work, huh?
Nighthawk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:46 AM   #4
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

She should offer to pay you for it. If it were me, I'd be tempted to borrow one of hers and return it in the same condition.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:47 AM   #5
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

lol they closed the shelter so basically i sit here all nigt in complete silence with nothing to do except try to catch people sneaking out or breaking curfew
Old 06-20-2009, 01:50 AM   #6
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
She should offer to pay you for it. If it were me, I'd be tempted to borrow one of hers and return it in the same condition.
actually she had lent me a movie of hers as well and believe me i was tempted to take sandpaper to it but just couldn't
Old 06-20-2009, 01:54 AM   #7
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyP0WER
actually she had lent me a movie of hers as well and believe me i was tempted to take sandpaper to it but just couldn't
I guess I can't blame you for not doing it. I've had people borrow stuff from me and never return it or it's damaged when I get it back. When it comes to dvd's, If someone wants to borrow one I just make a copy and loan that to them and the original stays with me.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:55 AM   #8
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Old 06-20-2009, 01:58 AM   #9
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

Quote:
lol they closed the shelter so basically i sit here all nigt in complete silence with nothing to do except try to catch people sneaking out or breaking curfew
When I started out in registration and worked up at the counter there was a lot of down time and I used to read or watch music videos on youtube.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:58 AM   #10
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
I guess I can't blame you for not doing it. I've had people borrow stuff from me and never return it or it's damaged when I get it back. When it comes to dvd's, If someone wants to borrow one I just make a copy and loan that to them and the original stays with me.
thats a great idea, i think i'll do that from now on. by the way in case you're all curious the movie was 'Dutch'. Ok, don't make fun of me now
Old 06-20-2009, 01:59 AM   #11
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

how do you gets fingerprints off of dvds? i'm not sure how salvageable this is but don't want to further damage it.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:00 AM   #12
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
You mean people keep coming in and they shut down the shelter? Are you still getting in trouble because it's really not your fault someone sneaks in before you get there?
Waterston_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:02 AM   #13
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

Quote:
how do you gets fingerprints off of dvds? i'm not sure how salvageable this is but don't want to further damage it.
You can buy some disc cleaner. If you go to Best Buy, they are sure to have it there. I bought some a few years ago to clean DVDs and CDs.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:03 AM   #14
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine
When I started out in registration and worked up at the counter there was a lot of down time and I used to read or watch music videos on youtube.
i used to answer phones, conduct intital intake of clients, provide food and basic necessities - bedding/towels/toiletries etc, sign people in and out, take inventory of donations and sort them etc. now they closed the shelter so basically i do absolutely zip. i sit here all night and either go on my laptop, or watch a movie and answer phone calls. thats it! so boring now!
Old 06-20-2009, 02:07 AM   #15
PunkyP0WER
Banned
Banned!!

Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterston_Fan
You mean people keep coming in and they shut down the shelter? Are you still getting in trouble because it's really not your fault someone sneaks in before you get there?
well our building was comprised of 2 programs. one was an emergency shelter, we had 20 beds and the other part of the program was 18 subsidized apartments. the shelter closed in april, but the apartment portion of our program is still running.

the people in the apartments have curfews though, which is 10pm, but a lot like to sneak out in the middle of the night to go buy drugs or visit their b/f's or go clubbing. so i have to write down times people go in and out past their curfew on my shift