Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up Sitcom The Cool Kids for Full Season; CBS and ABC Back Nine Pickups
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 22, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Is Alice Next in Line for a Reboot?; CBS Gives Full Season to Three New Series
Fri-Yay: New Sitcoms - What's Working and What's Not?; Brockmire Season 3 Brings Out the Stars
ABC Picks Up Single Parents for Full Year; Netflix Gets Tia Mowry and Loretta Devine Sitcom
Showtime Comedy Gets More Stars; Netflix Orders New Comedy from Novel Writer
NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-28-2007, 08:29 PM   #31
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

That's a shame.

Pavan, in your blog you said the FP marathon will be 11:30-4am, but on this thread it shows 11:00-5am. Which one is right? And on your blog you said the summer marathons end at 4am also, but here you said 5am. Which one's right? And if the blog's right, what's at 4am-6am?

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #32
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

It is now 11:30pm-5am. I'll edit it on the blog and the thread.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #33
shocolah
Bring Back The Wonder Years!!!
Forum Regular

I am DONE with Nick..sorry, make that PRINCE at Nite. The only reason I watched that lousy channel was for Roseanne. But from now on, I'm getting my Roseanne on Oxygen and my local CW station. I can't believe it. Another Princeathon. Enough is enough. That channel really has gone to the dogs.
shocolah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:52 PM   #34
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Grease is the One on Nick at Nite:
The debut of classic theatrical Grease on Nick at Nite scored a hefty 2.6 household rating, 3.5 million viewers, 1.4 million adults 18-49 and 1.1 million kids 2-11 on Sunday, July 1. Comparatively, that was up by triple-digit percentages from the year-ago time period average.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #35
JulieSomoski

3.5 million viewers! That's amazing for NAN > It's definitely put that airing on the top 20 list for Cable Telelvision that week, which is probably a first. Does anyone know what Fresh Prince gets viewers-wise?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:21 AM   #36
noveel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
3.5 million viewers! That's amazing for NAN > It's definitely put that airing on the top 20 list for Cable Telelvision that week, which is probably a first. Does anyone know what Fresh Prince gets viewers-wise?
They probably inflate the numbers
noveel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #37
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by noveel
They probably inflate the numbers
You're right.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:03 AM   #38
Overdose
Don't mess with Roseanne!
Forum Regular

I usually only watch Nick at Nite for Roseanne, SOMETIMES Full House and The Fresh Prince.

But I remember reading how Roseanne use to pull in HUGE ratings for Nick at Nite. I'm sure it still does pretty well, but I'd like to see the numbers it pulled in for this recent marathon it had.

I've noticed they played a lot of the later episodes of Roseanne, and I wonder why. Because in all honesty, Roseanne was only good for its first 6 seasons, and only had a few good episodes in the 7th, 8th and 9th seasons.

So, they should play all the first 6 seasons and then WISELY pick episodes from the 7th, 8th and 9th seasons to air. Otherwise, people like me (die-hard Roseanne fans) are even going to get bored with the marathon.
Overdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #39
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdose
I usually only watch Nick at Nite for Roseanne, SOMETIMES Full House and The Fresh Prince.

But I remember reading how Roseanne use to pull in HUGE ratings for Nick at Nite. I'm sure it still does pretty well, but I'd like to see the numbers it pulled in for this recent marathon it had.

I've noticed they played a lot of the later episodes of Roseanne, and I wonder why. Because in all honesty, Roseanne was only good for its first 6 seasons, and only had a few good episodes in the 7th, 8th and 9th seasons.

So, they should play all the first 6 seasons and then WISELY pick episodes from the 7th, 8th and 9th seasons to air. Otherwise, people like me (die-hard Roseanne fans) are even going to get bored with the marathon.
That doesn't make any sense. I loved the last 4 seasons, especially since they aren't played much, so watching episodes from those seasons, but the arlier seasons from last night, I'm enjoying the marathon. Plus, I would expect Roseanne to be running out of airplays on a lot of episodes, since the onctract is up in September, which means they have to pick episodes with more airplays to air.

Pavan, do you know yet if Roseanne/Full House will get renewed? The contracts expire in a couple months, so you'd think NAN would let us know.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:40 PM   #40
Overdose
Don't mess with Roseanne!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
That doesn't make any sense. I loved the last 4 seasons, especially since they aren't played much, so watching episodes from those seasons, but the arlier seasons from last night, I'm enjoying the marathon.
Well, it kind of makes sense because the first 6 seasons were in the Top 5 of the Nielsen Ratings, and the last 3 seasons kept declining in viewership and were NOT in the Top 5.

Clearly, the quality of the show when down-hill after the 6th season. Don't get me wrong, I love some parts of the 7th, 8th and 9th seasons. However, as a whole, those seasons are not as strong and CLEARLY not as many people liked them, or else they would have stayed higher on the Nielsen Ratings.
Overdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:56 PM   #41
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdose
Well, it kind of makes sense because the first 6 seasons were in the Top 5 of the Nielsen Ratings, and the last 3 seasons kept declining in viewership and were NOT in the Top 5.

Clearly, the quality of the show when down-hill after the 6th season. Don't get me wrong, I love some parts of the 7th, 8th and 9th seasons. However, as a whole, those seasons are not as strong and CLEARLY not as many people liked them, or else they would have stayed higher on the Nielsen Ratings.

Probably because Darlene and Becky were seen less and it focused more on GOOFY JACKE and Roseanne
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:48 PM   #42
JulieSomoski

And because of Sarah Chalke replacing Lecy Goranson, but there are a lot of reasons to state here. But, in my opinion, if you plan on watching Roseanne that night, then you're gonna watch whatever episode is on. I don't care if its from the first season or the ninth, it's all the same show.

And, does ANYONE know if both shows will get renewed?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:32 PM   #43
Callandra
Occasional Poster

^I think at least Roseanne will have to get renewed since they seriously have nothing else. Everything they've had in the past year (Designing Women, Growing Pains, a Different World) has flopped unless they're just going to add another showing of FP. -_-
Callandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #44
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callandra
^I think at least Roseanne will have to get renewed since they seriously have nothing else. Everything they've had in the past year (Designing Women, Growing Pains, a Different World) has flopped unless they're just going to add another showing of FP. -_-
But Home Improvement is coming in September, and that could easily take the place of Roseanne, though I'm hoping it takes the place of Full House, because I can not stand sitting through episode after episode of it this week!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #45
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

my neice told me that she watched the movie Grease