Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Make Room for Daddy/The Danny Thomas Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Make Room for Daddy/The Danny Thomas Show Photo Gallery

Make Room for Daddy - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Make Room for Daddy - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Make Room for Daddy - Season 6

Buy Make Room for Daddy - Season 6 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > Make Room for Daddy/The Danny Thomas Show
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Louie (and Other Projects with Louis C.K.) Cancelled; CBS Colorizing More Dick Van Dyke Episodes; More Diff'rent Strokes DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #1
Howard
Occasional Poster

Lol THE DANNYTHOMAS SHOW/MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY ON COZI-TV

I am still so happy that COZI-TV continues to play this show! The really cool thing is that the people at SFM were able to re-format these episodes in the 16X9 wide-screen format even though ALL SHOWS in the years 1950's/60's were in only 1:133 also called Full-screen. These episodes start from 1956( the last season of the ABC-TV episodes) ALL the way through the CBS YEARS ending in 1964. I take credit in bugging SFM ENTERTAINMENT (the distributor) who owns the rights to FINALLY digitize those last 2 seasons that hadn't been shown in ANY syndication package since originally airing on CBS! I only wish that COZI-TV would be available in HD and I'm wondering if ANY of you across the nation DO get COZI in HD? Also, recently going through some momentos from my childhood, I found an old TVGUIDE with an article by then head off the FCC, Newton Minnow, saying the MAXIMUM COMMERCIALS in a half-hour show allowed is ONLY four(!) minutes! Today it's about double that! it's so sad that shows such as this that originally ran for 25 minutes now ONLY run 21-22 minutes and hour shows that used to be 55 minutes NOW run 44 minutes which is why the EDITING/CUTTING out scenes/parts of scenes is exactly why the networks are constantly losing their audiences! The cuts/edits drive me crazy! Some scenes are either gone or are missing material! This show was my favorite show and STILL is! Am hoping to read comments on this post ESPECIALLY from young people who don't even know that in the old days all shows were longer and the commercials way fewer! Progress in TV?! Thanks.

Last edited by Howard : 08-05-2017 at 05:04 PM. Reason: more thoughts on the widescreen-presentation on cozy-tv
Old 07-13-2016, 04:25 PM   #2
mets82

I wish they would show the full series in order. Seems like Cozi skips around.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:27 PM   #3
Howard
Occasional Poster

No, Cozi-TV DOES show them in their production- order; I know that because I have the entire series episodes printed out from The Classic TV Archive.

Last edited by Howard : 07-14-2016 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:21 PM   #4
Benno123
Jenna Fischer Rocks My World!!

Send a message via AIM to Benno123 Send a message via Yahoo to Benno123

I just wish I could get this in Northwest Ohio, or on DVD ...
Old 07-21-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
Howard
Occasional Poster

Hi. The ONLY DVD'S of this show are seasons 5 and 6. Tell your local bacle company to request COZI-TV NETWORK!
Old 07-07-2017, 03:09 AM   #6
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

we get COZI TV in HD; also DECADES

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 07-07-2017, 03:12 AM   #7
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

This series NEEDS to be released IN IT'S ENTIRETY STARTING WITH SEASON ONE!!!
Old 07-07-2017, 03:18 AM   #8
70s show watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
This series NEEDS to be released IN IT'S ENTIRETY STARTING WITH SEASON ONE!!!
i agree its a great and very underrated series
Old 08-24-2017, 09:58 PM   #9
marypat57
Occasional Poster

In case you'd like to set your dvr--COZI TV will be airing the final episode of Season 11 --"The Persistent Cop" at 3:00am EST and the first episode of season 4 "Boarding School" at 3:30am. That was the first post Jean Hagen episode of the show.

BTW--when I watched these shows in syndication I always wondered why Terry and Rusty called Kathy by her first name and only Linda called her mom. I didn't know that there had been another 'mom' before Marjorie Lord.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:57 AM   #10
stevea

In season 4, Danny was unmarried--Jean Hagen's character, Margaret, had died. Jean Hagen was on the show for the first three seasons.