Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Game Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Game Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: The Conners Second Season Looking Likely; Apple to Produce New Peanuts Content
Fri-Yay: Where Will The Good Place Go Next?; Everything's Gonna Be Okay at Freeform
ABC Mid-Season 2019 Schedule; Amy Sedaris Laffer Returns Feb. 19 on truTV
ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season
Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-09-2018, 12:21 PM   #16
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

I don't even remember Beat the Chefs or Family Trade being on the schedule.
FRASIER: As usual Frasier has to save the day.
MARTIN: As usual Martin has to hear about it.
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:56 AM   #17
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Why GSN decided to give Drew Carey his own comedy game show called Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza I'll never understand why because it seemed that GSN was trying to make Drew Carey a huge star by having his own show but comedy shows and GSN just doesn't mix well. Also what's with GSN not having marathons on birthdays of game show hosts? I remember when GSN used to have birthday marathons of the game show that the host used to star in but now it seems that game show host marathons of game shows are only shown when a game show host dies and then the game shows are never seen again. Take for example when Monty Hall died last year it seemed that all GSN showed was a marathon of the original LMAD when GSN could've shown reruns of the Monty Hall version of Beat The Clock or the Monty Hall version of Split Second. If I ran GSN I would improve it by having special marathons of game shows on a game show host's birthday. Another mistake was teaming up with Tylenol to sponsor a classic Thursday night hour called Throwback Thursday and it was a smart idea to have a hour filled with game show classics like All Star Secrets and Tattletales and the game show Second Chance that starred Jim Peck but this hour failed. GSN should bring out a classic weekend game show block someday because it would work miracles for GSN's lineup
Bestie
Old 08-24-2018, 02:35 AM   #18
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Why GSN chose Apolo Ohno to host their new exclusive revival of Minute To Win It is a story i'll never figure out because ever since NBC cancelled the original Minute To Win It with Guy Fieri GSN somehow had the idea to revive Minute To Win It and from the time it was announced that Minute To Win It was returning this time to GSN they promoted it with tons of commercials starring Apolo Ohno and by the time it aired I think GSN expected the revival of Minute To Win It to be just as popular as The Chase but after tons of repeats from Season 2 GSN cancelled Minute To Win It after it's second season but as GSN should've learned sometimes revivals of game shows can fail. I watched the GSN version of Minute To Win It and thought it looked cool and Apolo Ohno was awesome on it. Another thing GSN did was remove their kids game show block called GSN Kids Zone that had reruns of Nickelodeon's Double Dare Wheel Of Fortune 2000 and Jep which was a kids version of Jeopardy and it was a smart idea but was soon removed from GSN too soon. If GSN could create a spin-off channel for kids that features new and reruns of classic kids game shows it would be a huge hit with kids and a smart move for GSN to consider because I know a lot of kids watch game shows a lot other than cartoons today
Bestie
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:01 PM   #19
DadTheKing

Hi, Bestie! Any news if Apolo is going to host ant other game shows? He was good on MTWI
DTK
DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:38 PM   #20
AMackII

The Most Recent Mistake that GSN did recently was airing Caroline & Friends at 8am/7c before Match Game(Rayburn)
AMackII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:19 AM   #21
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Why did GSN try to copy Reelz Channel and E! Entertainment Network by having a news magazine called Cover Story that was supposed to be all about the latest news in the game show world but lately seemed to have episodes with titles such as The Story Of America's Favorite Big Dealer The Life And Legacy Of Monty Hall or The Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Story or The Making Of Family Feud and what I think Cover Story was trying to be was a game show news version of Inside Edition and this show could've been better if they would've designed Cover Story to focus on game show stories about the shows today. Another biggest mistake that GSN did was replace Carnie Wilson with Sherri Shepherd on their version of The Newlywed Game and by the time Sherri debuted on The Newlywed Game the ratings went downhill and pairing it with a game show named Love Triangle that was hosted by Wendy Williams didn't help GSN much either and although promising Love Triangle was cancelled shortly after poor ratings but a hour of love game shows was a clever concept that failed for GSN
Bestie
Old 09-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #22
Impressions
She died the way she lived

• Taking off vintage TPIR
  • Cancelling Lingo
  • Bringing on all the failed NBC TV shows like Dog Eat Dog
  • Getting rid of the '50s and '60s late-night shows
  • Showing Steve Harvey's Family Feud
Impressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:25 PM   #23
catsrule
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
[LIST][*]Taking off vintage TPIR
If you are referring to Bob Barker that is probably not their fault, there are a lot of episodes he does not allow to air with all the models he hated on the show.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:41 AM   #24
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

How in the world Caroline And Friends ever manages to survive in ratings on GSN is beyond me and I do not know why GSN gave Caroline Rhea her own show that is not even considered a game show and I can bet that Caroline And Friends will not survive to see a second season on GSN. A second game show that seemed to be funny and lots of fun to watch that GSN quickly got rid of was Late Night Liars and even though it had cute puppets and an awesome host in comedian Larry Miller Late Night Liars was cancelled and you never see reruns of this show anymore on GSN. Another worst mistake that GSN did was add a reality show called American Dream Derby and it seemed to be a smart reality show all about horse racing this show should've belonged on the horse racing channel TVG and shortly after the last episode aired GSN cancelled it with no reason and it showed that some reality shows can fail on GSN
Bestie
Old 09-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #25
catsrule
Forum Veteran

Caroline and Friends looks like an innocent show that is better than a lot of reality. However, it still does not belong on a game show network at all. Bring back Greed reruns (way too long since that has aired) and put Greed at 4PM weekdays following The Chase.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:02 AM   #26
rusty spike
Frequent Poster

So sitcoms are airing on GSN?

I stopped watching years ago when it became the Family Feud Network.
rusty spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:04 PM   #27
catsrule
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty spike View Post
So sitcoms are airing on GSN?

I stopped watching years ago when it became the Family Feud Network.
No sitcoms at all on GSN, this is a reality show Caroline Rhea is hosting called Caroline and Friends.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:37 AM   #28
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Why GSN has the GSN Now app is beyond me because when I first heard about and got the GSN Now App I thought it would have all the great GSN shows that were featured on TV but when I got GSN Now it seems that all it has is Family Feud and Idiotest and America Says Baggage Skin Wars and Divided and you would think that with the money that GSN used to make this app they should've added more game shows like Cash Cab reruns and Catch 21 The Chase and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and others rather than Family Feud. Another thing that GSN should've done when The Chase was a huge monster hit was when The Chase was on hiatus was they had segments called Beast Mode that featured a puppet named Beasty who was the mascot of The Chase and the Beast Mode segments featured Beasty going on fun adventures and offering funny commentary on each rerun of The Chase and with a cool mascot GSN should've given Beasty a spin-off game show or his own series instead of canceling The Chase because I feel that The Chase could've continued with more episodes because of how popular the Beasty character would've become. I do think if GSN were to revive their original game shows such as The Chase and Catch 21 GSN would gain more popularity with the 18 to 25 year old audience. But I have a feeling that ever since Buzzr TV was launched GSN will become more like Buzzr TV in the future since people like classic game shows a lot
Bestie
Old 10-08-2018, 01:19 AM   #29
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Why GSN got rid of Chris Harrison's Millionaire i'll never understand because it seemed to be a monster hit for GSN and now GSN has put a whole weekend hour of Cash Cab in it's timeslot and although more Cash Cab makes me happy I sure will miss Millionaire reruns on GSN but at least new episodes of Millionaire I can always see every weekday morning. And now with Cash Cab reruns airing more I think Cash Cab has replaced Family Feud as the top game show of GSN and Ben Bailey has replaced Steve Harvey as GSN's top celebrity. Another mistake they have done is have an hour called GSN Daily Draw and I don't know how in the world it has survived and it has made the host of Daily Draw Trish Suhr a huge household name for GSN and she is also the host of GSN's Cover Story and it seems that Trish wants to be GSN's top female celebrity. I think with a new image GSN should make new revivals of The Chase Whammy The All New Press Your Luck or a new version of Supermarket Sweep or Catch 21 and have all new hosts like Kelsey Grammer Ty Pennington and Billy Gardell host these new game show revivals if they ever are made in the future. But GSN should bring back Brooke Burns Mark Labbett Bill Engvall Todd Newton and other former GSN stars to host their future game shows so that they can become Comeback Kids and that would make GSN fans very happy
Bestie
Old 10-08-2018, 05:17 AM   #30
tlc38tlc38
Did I do that?
Forum Veteran

To me, the biggest mistake was making it the 24/7 Harvey "Family Feud" channel.

And they cancelled "Lingo" with Chuck Woolery too soon. That was an awesome show that still could be running.

With my current directv package I no longer receive GSN but I don't miss it. Right now the only show they air that interests me is "Match Game". I like "Wheel of Fortune" but the season they're airing is too new; they should run an older, classic season.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.

Last edited by tlc38tlc38; 10-08-2018 at 05:48 AM.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote