Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Gimme a Break! Online / Gimme a Break! links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Gimme a Break! Photo Gallery


Gimme a Break! - Season One (US Release by Universal)

Buy Gimme a Break! - Season One (US Release by Universal) on DVD
Gimme a Break! - The Complete First Season (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete First Season (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD
Gimme a Break! - The Complete Second Season (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete Second Season (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD if you are in the US
/ Buy in Canada
Gimme a Break! - The Complete Series (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete Series (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD
/ Buy in Canada

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Gimme a Break!

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Reboot Fever Continues with Talks of Designing Women and Frasier Reboots; E! Gets Busy...Philipps
Netflix's Atypical Returns Sept. 7; GSN Brings Back John Michael Higgins Game Show
Antenna TV's Alice Labor Day Marathon; NBC App Adds Saved by the Bell and Heroes
Fresh off the Boat Launches Sept. 1 on UPtv; New Sabrina Begins Oct. 26 on Netflix
Netflix Gets Paul Rudd Comedy from IFC; Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj Coming to Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 13, 2018)
SitcomOnline Digest: Discussions Underway for New Seasons of The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family; Trial & Error Looking for Home for Third Season
Fri-Yay: Orange Is the New Black Season 6: A Tightrope Between Comedy and Drama; King of the Hill Labor Day Marathon on Comedy Central


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran
 
MrCleveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 10, 2007
Location: The Rodney Dangerfield of Cities. C-Town Gets NO Respect!
Posts: 11,872
Oh No 10 Years without Nell Carter

I know that Nell Carter died on January, but it's been 10 years without her...

Would there be a "Gimme a Break" reunion with the Kaniski Daughters? (And the Lawrence Brothers entering in)?
__________________
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
gidgetgrape
Forever Gidget
Senior Member
 
gidgetgrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 20, 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,367
Default

Gone too soon!!! Miss her still.
gidgetgrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
Wildchats
Me
Forum Regular
 
Wildchats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 15, 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 953
Default

No, it wouldn't work. Nell was the show. Once she passed, no chance of a GAB reunion movie.

Take this for example:


Facts Of Life had Mrs. Garret. Had Charlotte passed before 2000, slight chance they may not have done one. FACTS was about the girls, not just Mrs. G.


GAB was about NELL and her relationships with the girls, the Chief and Addy. Take Nell away and it wouldn't work. It would be boring if they did a TV movie and had flashbacks. Just wouldn't work.

GAB should have done a reunion around that time of Facts of Life/Growing Pains, but they didn't. There was "talk" Silver Spoons was ready to do one, but that NEVER happened. With Nell gone, very hard to do.



Shows that can have reunions:


Full House (Thanks to Lord Stamos, no, wont be happening)
Family Matters
Step By Step (Patrick Duffy Wants to do one)
Silve Spoons(There was talk in the early 2000s of doing one then)
Home Improvement
Growing Pains (If they want to do another one)
Family Ties
Facts Of Life (Even if Charlotte is dead by that time or she opts to not do it)
Webster (Webster was the star, not Mr./Mrs. Papaapolos, so can be done)
The Cosby Show (They better hurry up! Bill was the star! He's still active!)





Shows that possibly CAN'T because of so much death/passings:


Mr. Belvedere (MR. BELVEDERE IS DEAD)
Gimme A Break! (NELL IS DEAD)
Diff'rent Strokes (KIMBERLY, ARNOLD, AND MR. D ARE ALL DEAD!)
Punky Brewster (Don't see it happening. George Gaynes is almost 100)
The Jeffersons (THE JEFFERSON'S ARE DEAD)
Archie Bunker Continuation (Archie is dead)
Golden Girls (3 of 4 are dead)
Maude (No more Bea)

Most of these shows should have done reunion TV movies in the mid 90s. Would have PERFECTLY....Everyone was around



Shows that won't because it has been years/many of the cast are OLD/wouldn't happen ever:

227 (You really think they stayed in that place until now?)
Amen (No more Sherman, most cast have died)
ALF (No Tanner wants to go back)
Wildchats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran
 
MrCleveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 10, 2007
Location: The Rodney Dangerfield of Cities. C-Town Gets NO Respect!
Posts: 11,872
Default

^Just thought I ask...

The eldest Kaniski (Kari Michaelsen) I heard is having her own show soon....
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
Smartboy
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 06, 2007
Location: South Orange, NJ
Posts: 3,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildchats
No, it wouldn't work. Nell was the show. Once she passed, no chance of a GAB reunion movie.

Take this for example:


Facts Of Life had Mrs. Garret. Had Charlotte passed before 2000, slight chance they may not have done one. FACTS was about the girls, not just Mrs. G.


GAB was about NELL and her relationships with the girls, the Chief and Addy. Take Nell away and it wouldn't work. It would be boring if they did a TV movie and had flashbacks. Just wouldn't work.

GAB should have done a reunion around that time of Facts of Life/Growing Pains, but they didn't. There was "talk" Silver Spoons was ready to do one, but that NEVER happened. With Nell gone, very hard to do.



Shows that can have reunions:


Full House (Thanks to Lord Stamos, no, wont be happening)
Family Matters
Step By Step (Patrick Duffy Wants to do one)
Silve Spoons(There was talk in the early 2000s of doing one then)
Home Improvement
Growing Pains (If they want to do another one)
Family Ties
Facts Of Life (Even if Charlotte is dead by that time or she opts to not do it)
Webster (Webster was the star, not Mr./Mrs. Papaapolos, so can be done)
The Cosby Show (They better hurry up! Bill was the star! He's still active!)





Shows that possibly CAN'T because of so much death/passings:


Mr. Belvedere (MR. BELVEDERE IS DEAD)
Gimme A Break! (NELL IS DEAD)
Diff'rent Strokes (KIMBERLY, ARNOLD, AND MR. D ARE ALL DEAD!)
Punky Brewster (Don't see it happening. George Gaynes is almost 100)
The Jeffersons (THE JEFFERSON'S ARE DEAD)
Archie Bunker Continuation (Archie is dead)
Golden Girls (3 of 4 are dead)
Maude (No more Bea)

Most of these shows should have done reunion TV movies in the mid 90s. Would have PERFECTLY....Everyone was around



Shows that won't because it has been years/many of the cast are OLD/wouldn't happen ever:

227 (You really think they stayed in that place until now?)
Amen (No more Sherman, most cast have died)
ALF (No Tanner wants to go back)
You have offered us some very interesting ideas about what type of reunions would be a good idea and what would not. I would like to offer you and everyone else who reads this some more food for thought. What about a "Mad About You" reunion? I believe that most if not all of the cast who played the main characters are still living. At this point, Mabel would be about sixteen years old. They could deal with her dating, cheer-leading or doing any number of other things that sixteen-year old girls do. On top of that, towards the end of the series, Fran and Mark reconciled. They even talked about having a second child. They could fill the audience in on whatever happened to that idea. They might even do something about Lisa having finally found a husband or Cousin Ira having finally found a wife. What do you guys think of these ideas?
Smartboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
irehtman
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 15, 2013
Location: Montgomery County, Maryland
Posts: 3,570
Default

What a shame! She, Dolph, John and Howard will be all missed!

Kari, Lauri, Lara, Joey, Matthew, Telma and Rosie are still alive!
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
Smartboy
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 06, 2007
Location: South Orange, NJ
Posts: 3,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irehtman
What a shame! She, Dolph, John and Howard will be all missed!

Kari, Lauri, Lara, Joey, Matthew, Telma and Rosie are still alive!

Well, at least we can be thanking for the lives of those who are still with us!
Smartboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
irehtman
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 15, 2013
Location: Montgomery County, Maryland
Posts: 3,570
Default One more thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartboy
Well, at least we can be thanking for the lives of those who are still with us!
The actress, who played mama, is also dead.
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #9
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran
 
MrCleveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 10, 2007
Location: The Rodney Dangerfield of Cities. C-Town Gets NO Respect!
Posts: 11,872
Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by irehtman
The actress, who played mama, is also dead.
True...Rosetta LeNoire died a year before Nell Carter.
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
GARFIELDKOOL
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 02, 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 7,183
Default

Anyone remembers when Nell Carter reunited with Joey lawrence on that sitcoms, "Brotherly Love?"
GARFIELDKOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.