Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Gimme a Break! Online / Gimme a Break! links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Gimme a Break! Photo Gallery

Gimme a Break! - Season One (US Release by Universal)

Buy Gimme a Break! - Season One (US Release by Universal) on DVD
Gimme a Break! - The Complete First Season (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete First Season (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD
Gimme a Break! - The Complete Second Season (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete Second Season (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD if you are in the US
/ Buy in Canada
Gimme a Break! - The Complete Series (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete Series (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD
/ Buy in Canada

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Gimme a Break!

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival
ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Patricia Heaton Eyes a Return to TV With CBS Sitcom; VEI Announced Bad News Bears TV Series DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Superstore Season 4 At the Top of Its Game; Freeform's New Kickoff to Christmas Event
Showtime Isn't Kidding About Season 2 of Kidding; TBS Gets Another Unscripted Comedy
The CW Bulks Up for Next Summer; FX Brings Back Mr Inbetween for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
Smartboy

Default 90 Posts and Counting

One fact that goes without saying is that this particular page has been quite slow for quite some time. I have done what I can do to stimulate some conversation by starting new threads and raising old ones to the tops of pages. During the past few months, I have had limited success. However, in between this past Saturday and the present, things have been extremely quiet on all of the pages of this site except for the "Golden Girls"! As a lot of you probably know, actress Bea Arthur passed away this past Saturday. As soon as I read about it on the "Golden Girls" page, I responded to a post offering my condolences. As a way of honoring her, I then stopped posting messages on any page for the rest of the day. However, in between then and now, I have done whatever I could think of to stimulate some conversation about some of these fine shows! But I have had even less success than I usually do! However, each time I go to the "Golden Girls" page, the posts just keep pouring in! It is unbeleivable! One explanation that I can think of for the slowness on the other pages is that that page is botteling up so many peoples' time and effort. By the way, right before I came to this page, I went to the "Golden Girls" page and the thread reporting the death had ninety responses. Shortly before that, I went to the "Friends" page and raised to the top a thread that I enjoyed a while back. One of the few pages other than the "Golden Girls" that has any new posts is "Will and Grace". I plan on responding to that one shortly after I submit this. Maybe I will start to get some responses once people are able to put that tragic event behind them!
Smartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

Talking

Hi Smartboy, I saw your post on the Golden Girls board so came here to check out this one.

I wish I could talk more about Gimme A Break, but I really didn't watch it when it was on. I do know that we lost Nell Carter though so I'm sure this board was as active as the Golden Girls one is now with the passing of Bea.

I'll bet you could find threads in the Archives.

For now though, I hope this helps bump the thread for you to possibly start others posting.

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
TripperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

I think one of the problems is that GAB hasn't been on TV in a long time. GG has always enjoyed a pretty good syndicated life. Also with Bea Arthur's death, that forum has been more busy than usual.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
Smartboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
Hi Smartboy, I saw your post on the Golden Girls board so came here to check out this one.

I wish I could talk more about Gimme A Break, but I really didn't watch it when it was on. I do know that we lost Nell Carter though so I'm sure this board was as active as the Golden Girls one is now with the passing of Bea.

I'll bet you could find threads in the Archives.

For now though, I hope this helps bump the thread for you to possibly start others posting.

I think that you have made some very good points in this response! Also, I think that, given the number of days it has been, people are finally putting the death of Bea Arthur behind them. I was just over on that "Golden Girls" page and saw that the posts are slowing down a little bit. It will probably take a while longer for them to fizzle out completely. However, I have noticed that the posts on other pages are starting up again. I just read new messages on the pages of The Brady Bunch, the Odd Couple, Three's Company and Happy Days. However, one page that has not had a post by anyone other than me in months is "Mad About You"! I wonder why that is. I just started a new thread on that page regarding an event that I just leanred about. Because this event might be of interest to you guys as well, I will probably post about it on this page later on. Until then folks!
Smartboy is offline   Reply With Quote