Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX
Loudermilk Returns for Season 3 on Audience Network; Syfy's 23rd Annual Twilight Zone New Year's Eve Marathon
The Good Place Gets 4th Season; Nick's Henry Danger Turns 100
The Office Starts Jan. 1 on COZI TV; The Good Place Star to Host TBS Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-25-2018, 01:32 AM   #211
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Patrick Lussier had wanted to do a theatrical sequel to Dracula 2000 and another direct-to-video one, but they never happened.

He told moviehole.net in 2009, "Joel Soisson and I originally wanted to continue the adventures of Uffizi… and before that, had even discussed a theatrical sequel to Dracula 2000, but none of those came to pass, I’m afraid.

But if you want to know what happened next… The Cardinal picks up Luke, forces him back into Transylvania to find Uffizi… only they find Julia, now mistress of the vampire horde. Uffizi’s bugged out on his own quest. Mayhem, of course, would’ve ensued.
"
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:24 PM   #212
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Credit to Torgo for this one:

"Waxwork III: Looking Glass Wars" where Zach becomes a Time Warrior and travels to different moments in time.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #213
D-Dey
Win The War!

Let's see;
I mentioned the final Bob Hope-Bing Crosby-Dorothy Lamour road movie "Road to the Fountain of Youth."

My hypothetical scenario for a comedy sketch spoofing a sequel to "The Breakfast Club."

The intended sequel to "Halloween III: Season of the Witch," which was actully supposed to be relevant to that movie, and not just another slashfest with Michael Myers.

"Cruise Party," the scrapped (and possibly rewritten) sequel to "Ski Party."

Now what's next?

Oh, I know; A never made sequel to the really bad 1990's bomb movie "Rollergator" (at least according to some fans of Rifftrax.).

https://www.rifftrax.com/rollergator

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0207061/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
D-Dey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #214
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Did You Know Syfy Almost Made a Sequel Miniseries to The Thing Back in 2005?!
by John Squires
August 17, 2018

John Carpenter’s The Thing, which ended on a cliffhanger that fans still hotly debate to this day, was followed up by comic books and even a video game, but did you know that Syfy had actually planned on continuing the story with a mini-series back in 2005, six years before Carpenter’s film got the prequel/remake treatment in 2011?!

The Instagram fan account The Thing Collector Community just shared a couple script pages from the abandoned project this week, and they laid out the basic gist of the story.

Back in 2005 SyFy network planned a four-hour Television Mini-Series sequel to The Thing to be called .. wait for it… 'Return of The Thing'. It was written by David Leslie Johnson,” they detail. “The producer was to be Frank Darabont (The Green Mile).

They continue, “It was never produced… why? I don’t know. Doesn’t seem to be any clear reason. Syfy channel was pretty big at the time. My digging hasn’t found a clear reason. If anyone has extra info…. feel free to add to the story.

The Wiki page for The Thing reveals more details about the planned mini-series, which was going to pick up right after the events of Carpenter’s film and then jump ahead in time.

The story follows a Russian team who recover the corpses of MacReady and Childs, and remnants of the Thing. The story moves forward 23 years, where the Thing escapes in New Mexico, and follows the attempts at containment.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/351...ing-back-2005/
Old 10-05-2018, 12:06 AM   #215
D-Dey
Win The War!

Did anyone else know there was supposed to be a sequel to "Dude, Where's My Car," called "Seriously, Dude. Where's My Car?"
Old 10-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #216
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dey View Post
Did anyone else know there was supposed to be a sequel to "Dude, Where's My Car," called "Seriously, Dude. Where's My Car?"
I do remember hearing that at one point. It was in the rumor mill.

I think one of those movies was...more than enough.

Seriously dude.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:53 PM   #217
D-Dey
Win The War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong View Post
I do remember hearing that at one point. It was in the rumor mill.

I think one of those movies was...more than enough.

Seriously dude.

Maybe the only redeeming quality, would be that the main character finally gets his car back and we can at least have an ending to the storyline, even if the rest of the movie sucks as much as the first one.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:31 AM   #218
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dey View Post
Maybe the only redeeming quality, would be that the main character finally gets his car back and we can at least have an ending to the storyline, even if the rest of the movie sucks as much as the first one.
To be honest, I never saw the first one.

I can't stand Ashton Kutcher, so there's no way I'd subject myself to watching that film.

I had to stop watching Two And A Half Men once he took over for Charlie Sheen.
Dr. Thong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:00 PM   #219
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

These weren't sequels in the traditional sense since the plots in the series never really connected, but there were some unmade Ernest movies.

- One was "a real sequel" since it was supposed to be a direct sequel to the 1st Ernest film Dr. Otto and the Riddle of the Gloom Beam.

Director John R. Cherry III said in a 1985 interview with the Sun Sentinel, "We're already planning a sequel. It is about Dr. Otto's encounter with an overweight, gospel-singing motorcycle gang."

It never happened.

- In 1987, John R. Cherry III told The Tennesean, "We are planning to shoot 'Ernest and the Curse of the Voodoo King' in Jamaica."

- Ernest Spaced Out was another unmade film that was to feature Ernest picked up by a UFO and later taken for a Martian by gullible Earthlings.

- Ernest and the Water Baby, an E.T.-like fantasy-comedy, was being worked on since the 1980s.

The plot featured Ernest as an alligator feeder at an alligator farm. He found a little E.T.-like creature, the water baby, and it became his buddy. Somehow the bad guys found out about it, and they wanted to use it as a tourist attraction.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:51 PM   #220
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
These weren't sequels in the traditional sense since the plots in the series never really connected, but there were some unmade Ernest movies.

- One was "a real sequel" since it was supposed to be a direct sequel to the 1st Ernest film Dr. Otto and the Riddle of the Gloom Beam.

Director John R. Cherry III said in a 1985 interview with the Sun Sentinel, "We're already planning a sequel. It is about Dr. Otto's encounter with an overweight, gospel-singing motorcycle gang."

It never happened.

- In 1987, John R. Cherry III told The Tennesean, "We are planning to shoot 'Ernest and the Curse of the Voodoo King' in Jamaica."

- Ernest Spaced Out was another unmade film that was to feature Ernest picked up by a UFO and later taken for a Martian by gullible Earthlings.

- Ernest and the Water Baby, an E.T.-like fantasy-comedy, was being worked on since the 1980s.

The plot featured Ernest as an alligator feeder at an alligator farm. He found a little E.T.-like creature, the water baby, and it became his buddy. Somehow the bad guys found out about it, and they wanted to use it as a tourist attraction.
Are you referring to the Ernest character that appeared in Ernest Saves Christmas?
Dr. Thong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:19 PM   #221
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong View Post
Are you referring to the Ernest character that appeared in Ernest Saves Christmas?
Yes, Jim Varney's character.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:45 PM   #222
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Some of these have been mentioned before, but I saw this article today:

5 Halloween Sequels That Almost Happened
by Meagan Navarro
Oct. 18, 2018

Halloween 666: The Origin

The initial script for the sixth entry in the Halloween series was rumored to have angered Moustapha Akkad so badly that he threw it across the room.

Perhaps a large part of that was due to this iteration of Michael Myers being a homeless hobo squatting at the local Haddonfield homeless shelter. Tommy Doyle is still present in this version, but news reporter Dana takes center stage as the protagonist and long-lost sibling to Michael Myers.

As for the cult of Thorn? It didn’t exist in this draft.

Halloween 3D

This almost sequel would have picked up right at the end of Rob Zombie’s Halloween II, well, more like 5 minutes before it ended, layering in new events from that fateful night and then skipping ahead to one year later.

Written by Todd Farmer (Jason X, Drive Angry), Halloween 3D was meant to bridge Zombie’s take on Michael Myers back to Carpenter’s original vision. As the title suggests, this sequel would have included 3D elements like Drive Angry and My Bloody Valentine 3D, both directed by Farmer collaborator Patrick Lussier.

Farmer completed the script in 2009, and it came close to getting made but never quite found the financing and time needed.

Halloween IV

After being tapped by John Carpenter and Debra Hill to write the novelizations for Halloween II and Halloween III, writer Dennis Etchison was asked by the pair to pen the script for Halloween IV.

Etchison’s script was set 10 years after the events of Halloween II and would follow teens Lindsay Wallace and Tommy Doyle, the two children in Laurie Strode’s care from the first film. Haddonfield had long since banned Halloween as a holiday, with repression a central theme in the story.

This version of the sequel wasn’t made, though, as Carpenter and Hill sold their interests in the franchise with Etchison’s script not part of their final deal.

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Jamie Lloyd

Halloween 5 was rushed into production without a completed script, thanks to the surprise success of Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers. There were several rejected pitches, including one by director Dominique Othenin-Girard’s friend Robert Harders, who wanted to make Michael Myers a sympathetic Frankenstein’s creature-like character.

The first actual draft was written by Shem Bitterman, who wrote a continuation of the cliffhanger ending of part 4. In other words, the focus of this sequel was on Jamie Lloyd and her new lust for murder after stabbing her adoptive mother in the previous film.

Even Donald Pleasance and Danielle Harris thought this was where the story would head, but producer Moustapha Akkad and Ohtenin-Girard scrapped the script and brought in Michael Jacobs to write a new script.

Halloween vs Hellraiser

Two years ago, an interview with Pinhead actor Doug Bradley revealed that we very nearly received a Michael Myers meets Cenobites crossover event.

Right around the time Freddy vs Jason was in production, Dimension Films was presented with not one but two scripts for the proposed feature. They rejected both, predicting Freddy vs Jason would bomb. When it didn’t, they quickly changed their mind.

The only problem? Akkad regained rights to the Halloween sequels and put an end to the crossover. It also likely didn’t help that fan reception for the concept was negative.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/editor...most-happened/
Old 10-22-2018, 06:13 PM   #223
MikaelaArsenault
Christine and Harry
Forum Celebrity

Hellraiser: Hellfire

And many others too.

"Ciao, baby!" - John Larroquette as Dan Fielding

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen

Comcast/XFINITY, please bring UP TV back. Thank you.
MikaelaArsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #224
Torgo
Art by Baby Torgo
Forum Veteran

The Unnamable III

Been watching the interviews on The Unnamable Blu Ray. According to actors Charles Klausmeyer and Mark Kinsey Stephenson there was going to be a part 3, but it just never happened.

Charles and Mark also talked about how they even worked on their own scripts for sequels featuring their Unnamable characters.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:58 PM   #225
Torgo
Art by Baby Torgo
Forum Veteran

Straight To Hell (1987) promised a sequel at the end credits:
Attached Images

Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote