Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ
Thumbs up Job Ideas, And Where To Get Stuff For Free, Or Dirt Cheap??

i know it's hard to get a job in this economy, but i also know that there are many intelligent people here who may have tips. i have a great one. if you have a landlord, ask if you can work for him. Oftentimes the workers they hire work for 15 to 20 bucks an hour. Put in a lower bid for 12, or 13 bucks, and you may very well get the job. Hey, it's better than minimum wage. i will share more ideas, please do the same.

Btw, the advice above i learned from experience. i only make five bucks an hour working for John because physical restrictions slow me down, but raking leaves, pulling weeds, and mowing the lawn is easy, and is what i did before for free, so i ain't complaining. Wow, so difficult raking, pusing a lawn mower with wheels, and being out in the fresh air. What a hard life. lol
St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.

Last edited by Brad Russ : 11-08-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
tiredmike59

I know some people that go to yardsales,flea markets, dumpsters, and pick up stuff off the free site on craigslist and sell it over the internet. They make pretty good money but their houses look like junkyards.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Thumbs up

Yeah, there are alot of Sandford and Son looking places around here too. i agree, iv'e been known to dumpster dive some, and i love garage sales. Bought stuff for 25 cents that was worth 200 dollars. My friends bought baseball cards for 50 cents which were worth hundreds. Alot of people who sell, haven't a clue what they are doing, but we can benefit from it. Thanks so much for the advice Mike!!

i would also recommend second hand stores, and flea markets for getting great stuff for dirt cheap.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

public facilities = benign theft of the items available for you to take. handsoap in the restrooms (i just put some into a soap pump), napkins, candy from those bowls they have sometimes have in public offices, etc, lol just don't be too gluttonous. going to public events with free refreshments saves me grocery money too. on that note, i also buy gum to chew on so i won't be tempted to binge on stuff i'm trying to keep around for a while...as much as i can i don't buy beverages, i just keep refilling a water bottle with tap water. oh yeah and ramen noodles.
[/poor college student]
Old 11-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Thanks for sharing Sarah, great info, and i like to do alot of that stuff too. Back in my gambling days, they always would have bowls of candy next to the video lottery machines. When nobody was looking i'd take handfuls. i was always waiting for someone to say "is that candy in your pockets, or are you just very happy to see me?" i didn't feel bad though, with the thousands of dollars those machines took from me. It would piss me off, because the good ones would always be taken, leaving me with only mints. Selfish people! LOL

i like all those ideas, and i will definitely use them. Thanks so much for sharing my friend!!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Thumbs up

We are lucky here in Oregon because we have so many options for poor people. In downtown there are so many places to get a hot meal, secular places, and mostly Churches. Also Sno Cap is a great one which i go to often for food. Luckily it's only a two minute walk from our house. You can get a box of food from them once or twice a month. They've been lifesavers for us on many occasions. So many housing options. The Salvation Army along with free clothes, also offers free meals often, and so if you are ever hungry, stop there and ask, and see what you find. You should check online for these kinds of things if you are struggling. If anyone ever needs help with finding these programs, PLEASE let me know, and i will try to help and see what i can find for you.

This is selfish, but my family can get something for free. My neice Cyndel has been entered in a photo contest, and there are ten participants i believe. Currently she is in second, and today is the last day to vote. To everybody here, if you would be so kind, PLEASE click on the link below and Vote for Melissa. It's actually Cyndel, but it's under her mother Melissa's name. Getting as many votes as possible is actually my birthday present to my brother, and so i hope she wins. Even if she doesn't though, i still thank you all who voted, and thought about voting. It only takes about 20 seconds, so my friends, and those who i don't know too well too, please vote for Cyndel, and don't be scared to share it with your friends. Thanks so much everyone. If she wins, i'll post many pics from the photo shoot here.

Vote For Cyndel!!!