Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Angie (Sitcoms Online / Angie links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Angie Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Angie

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Eckhardt
Just another blah show that had a good theme tune. Not as bad as the truly awful Bridget Loves Bernie.

The theme song was the sh*T and that the show was based in the neighborhood I;m living in right now
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvo301
Donna Pescow played Angie, a waitress from a blue collar family who lived with her Mom (Doris Roberts) and her sister(Debralee Scott). She meets and marries a doctor(Robert Hays) and tries to adapt to living with his wealthy family in their mansion. So it is basically a fish out of water premise. To complicate matters the Doctor's mother doesn't approve of his choice of wife and does her best to make things even more difficult for Angie.

Actually, it was the doctor's sister thsat didn't like Angie. Angie was able to hold her own against her, though. I loved that theme song and still do.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
Actually, it was the doctor's sister thsat didn't like Angie. Angie was able to hold her own against her, though. I loved that theme song and still do.

Yes the song was very UPLIFTING
Old 07-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #19
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Yes the song was very UPLIFTING

Dude, the first time I heard this song was when I bought volume 6 of TV's greatest theme songs: 70's and 80's. On the disc was the short, disco version. From there, I just had to see the show. It was airing on TV Land at the time but I didn't have it on the cable lineup in Tampa. I have eps now but that song put me in spin. Wow. For some reason, I kept thinking of New York when I'd think of that song. Debra Lee Scott and Donna Pescow were prototypes of New York that I'd associate with the song as well. I'm to get my local radio station CBS fm to play this song as part of the 70's Saturday night party since the LP is 02:18.

Solomon, I was suprised that you hadn't checked youtube when you were inquiring about the theme song. LOL. I'm glad you found it, though. People around me would hear this song for the first time and be like "That song sound cool" or my mother'd be like "What a nice positive song". LOL. "Different Worlds" is still my jam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uenud_vexZA
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #20
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
Dude, the first time I heard this song was when I bought volume 6 of TV's greatest theme songs: 70's and 80's. On the disc was the short, disco version. From there, I just had to see the show. It was airing on TV Land at the time but I didn't have it on the cable lineup in Tampa. I have eps now but that song put me in spin. Wow. For some reason, I kept thinking of New York when I'd think of that song. Debra Lee Scott and Donna Pescow were prototypes of New York that I'd associate with the song as well. I'm to get my local radio station CBS fm to play this song as part of the 70's Saturday night party since the LP is 02:18.

Solomon, I was suprised that you hadn't checked youtube when you were inquiring about the theme song. LOL. I'm glad you found it, though. People around me would hear this song for the first time and be like "That song sound cool" or my mother'd be like "What a nice positive song". LOL. "Different Worlds" is still my jam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uenud_vexZA

Downtown Philly looks so BLAH in the opening credits That's because the city didn't get a skyline until 1988
Old 07-13-2012, 02:59 AM   #21
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

I liked the show good premise which got changed and I think that is what killed the show.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #22
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedyfreak
I liked the show good premise which got changed and I think that is what killed the show.
I agree. The first season was so much better. I wonder who's idea it was to change the premise of the show?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #23
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
I agree. The first season was so much better. I wonder who's idea it was to change the premise of the show?

what changed from season 1 to season 2?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #24
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
what changed from season 1 to season 2?
Angie went from the coffee shop to a beauty parlor.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #25
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
Angie went from the coffee shop to a beauty parlor.

Was the show still based in Philadelphia?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #26
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Was the show still based in Philadelphia?
Yea it was still set in Philadelphia.

The show just lost something after Angie and Brad got married. It was still good but season one was much better.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #27
yayaya
Forum Regular

I loved this show, mainly because of Donna, who I loved in Saturday Night Fever. I am guessing it was her role in that movie that led to her getting her own tv show.

One thing I hated about the first season was the character, Hillary, played by Tammy Lauren. I never really liked the actress as a young girl. She was very annoying in her various roles. She was the kind of child actor that I never could like regardless of their role. The only role I could tolerate her in was when she played the teen hooker in "Facts of Life." I guess because she was older and playing a more serious role. I was very happy when she was removed from the cast.
yayaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #28
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

The theme song was pretty nice LOL
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #29
angiefan
happy labor day!
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to angiefan
Default what exactly was angie about and was it any good?

yes it was, i loved the opening scenes from the first and second season. i thought tammy lauren was cute. i loved the theme song,and it's about a waitress who meets a doctor,who thinks,he's a regular customer,but he's a wealthy doctor, and she falls in loves with him and gets married,lives with him in his mansion. doris roberts is angie's mother and debralee scott is angie's sister, robert heys is brad.
angiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #30
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

I think the show had success in season 1 because it aired after Happy days in season 1