Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

A Different World links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / A Different World Photo Gallery


A Different World - Season 1

Buy A Different World - Season 1 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > A Different World

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show


New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
GeorgiaboyJeff!
Member
Forum Regular
 
GeorgiaboyJeff!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 25, 2002
Posts: 660
Default If Denise stayed during the entire series.. what would change?

Do you think Dwayne and Whitley would hook up anyway? Or would Denise and Dwayne eventually get married instead? I just have a feeling if Denise stayed on the show, it wouldn't have lasted as long as it did. Plus if it did stay, I think Dwanye and Denise would hook up eventually.. meaning there would have been no Olivia or that husband of hers on the Cosby show & we could have gotten visits with her and Dwayne on the Cosby Show instead. Jasmine Guy's role wouldn't have been as large either I don't think...
GeorgiaboyJeff! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaboyJeff!
Do you think Dwayne and Whitley would hook up anyway? Or would Denise and Dwayne eventually get married instead? I just have a feeling if Denise stayed on the show, it wouldn't have lasted as long as it did. Plus if it did stay, I think Dwanye and Denise would hook up eventually.. meaning there would have been no Olivia or that husband of hers on the Cosby show & we could have gotten visits with her and Dwayne on the Cosby Show instead. Jasmine Guy's role wouldn't have been as large either I don't think...

And why do you feel it wouldn;t have lasted? Finished the 1st season at #2 and if it stayed in the same time slot with denise on the show for 6 season why wouldn't the show have lasted???
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
Brieannas21
Member
Senior Member
 
Brieannas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 05, 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
And why do you feel it wouldn;t have lasted? Finished the 1st season at #2 and if it stayed in the same time slot with denise on the show for 6 season why wouldn't the show have lasted???

I remember hearing that DW was going to be cancelled but Bill Cosby had to fight to keep the show on. So, in the second season he hired Debbie Allen and hired new writers.

I do not know if it would have lasted as long as it did if Denise would have stayed. I don't think that Lisa had that much Chemistry with the other cast members.

But I do think that Dwayne and Denise would have hooked up and gotten married the same way Whitley and Dwayne did.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,567
Default

Lisa didn't have chemistry with the others, I agree with that. Something abt how her character was, didn't seem right. The Whitley character was too much of a stereotype (rich, princess-like, southern belle type of girl), she mellowed out by the time Lisa Bonet was no longer on the show. Debbie Allen did wonders with this show.
__________________
DALLAS COWBOYS ARE HERE AT TRAINING CAMP!!!
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
I remember hearing that DW was going to be cancelled but Bill Cosby had to fight to keep the show on. So, in the second season he hired Debbie Allen and hired new writers.

I do not know if it would have lasted as long as it did if Denise would have stayed. I don't think that Lisa had that much Chemistry with the other cast members.

But I do think that Dwayne and Denise would have hooked up and gotten married the same way Whitley and Dwayne did.

That has to be false since after 87-88 the Top 5 shows looked like this


cosby show
ADW
Cheers
GOlden girls
growing pains


Also after Lisa Bonet left the show, the show never ranked #2 again

88-89-#3
89-90-#4
90-91-#4
91-92-#17
92-93-????

LOL, numbers don't lie
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,567
Default

ADW aired right after the Cosby Show during its first season right?

Where was it scheduled AFTER Lisa left?

Numbers don't lie, but they also don't tell the whole story. Solomon, I am surprised at you. You should know that ratings don't mean squat a lot of the times. Schedule plays a major part in that as well. Remember how ALICE was moved around constantly and the numbers reflected that? The Jeffersons were moved around so much too.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
ADW aired right after the Cosby Show during its first season right?

Where was it scheduled AFTER Lisa left?

Numbers don't lie, but they also don't tell the whole story. Solomon, I am surprised at you. You should know that ratings don't mean squat a lot of the times. Schedule plays a major part in that as well. Remember how ALICE was moved around constantly and the numbers reflected that? The Jeffersons were moved around so much too.

88-89 aired after TCS
89-90-aired after TCS
90-91-aired after TCS
91-92-aired after TCS
92-93-THE LEAD IN


anymore questions?-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,567
Default

Oh big deal, the show never ranked number 2 again, but it was #3, #4 for two seasons and then #17 (top 20). Those are great numbers. You are a researcher, but you criticize a show because it is NOT #1 all the time??? Go find your mind and put it back in your head.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
Oh big deal, the show never ranked number 2 again, but it was #3, #4 for two seasons and then #17 (top 20). Those are great numbers. You are a researcher, but you criticize a show because it is NOT #1 all the time??? Go find your mind and put it back in your head.

Ask any network executive, #1 is all that matters-lol They will accept #2 or #3 but they really don't like it
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #10
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,567
Default

WTF does that mean? ^^^^ You are going waaaay off topic. The show was not good with Lisa. It became better after she left and when Debbie Allen came on board. THAT is the topic. The show remained on the air because fans tuned in and Debbie made it an interesting show by changing the Whitley character and bringing in great storylines. The show was CRAP with Lisa in it. I can't put all the blame on Lisa, but she didn't help matters either.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #11
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
WTF does that mean? ^^^^ You are going waaaay off topic. The show was not good with Lisa. It became better after she left and when Debbie Allen came on board. THAT is the topic. The show remained on the air because fans tuned in and Debbie made it an interesting show by changing the Whitley character and bringing in great storylines. The show was CRAP with Lisa in it. I can't put all the blame on Lisa, but she didn't help matters either.

You mean the show wasn't good to YOU, BRIEANNA, and my COUSIN with Lisa-lol But the other 25 million people in 1987 felt differently-lol

Number of Viewers after Lisa

88-23 million
89-21 million
90-17 million
91-15 million
92-??????

LOL-LOL-LOL Talk to me Irene,
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #12
Brieannas21
Member
Senior Member
 
Brieannas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 05, 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
That has to be false since after 87-88 the Top 5 shows looked like this


cosby show
ADW
Cheers
GOlden girls
growing pains


Also after Lisa Bonet left the show, the show never ranked #2 again

88-89-#3
89-90-#4
90-91-#4
91-92-#17
92-93-????

LOL, numbers don't lie
What did I say that was false?????? Point it out
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #13
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
What did I say that was false?????? Point it out

You said Bill Cosby had to beg to kep the show on the air, how can that be the case if it was the 2nd highest rated show in the country?-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:26 PM   #14
Brieannas21
Member
Senior Member
 
Brieannas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 05, 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
You said Bill Cosby had to beg to kep the show on the air, how can that be the case if it was the 2nd highest rated show in the country?-lol

Which he did, If you are such a tv reseacher you would have known that. Do your homework. Why do you think he hired Debbie? Why do you think he hired a new writing staff. Just because it was number 2 in the ratings wasn't going to stop the network from cancelling the show. Research that and get back to me.

I went to notationmachine.com and saw those same rating numbers. I'm going on what I heard and saw.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #15
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
Which he did, If you are such a tv reseacher you would have known that. Do your homework. Why do you think he hired Debbie? Why do you think he hired a new writing staff. Just because it was number 2 in the ratings wasn't going to stop the network from cancelling the show. Research that and get back to me.

I went to notationmachine.com and saw those same rating numbers. I'm going on what I heard and saw.

Well just tell me why it was going to be yanked
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.