Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

A Different World links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / A Different World Photo Gallery

A Different World - Season 1

Buy A Different World - Season 1 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > A Different World

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-28-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
GeorgiaboyJeff!
Forum Regular

Default If Denise stayed during the entire series.. what would change?

Do you think Dwayne and Whitley would hook up anyway? Or would Denise and Dwayne eventually get married instead? I just have a feeling if Denise stayed on the show, it wouldn't have lasted as long as it did. Plus if it did stay, I think Dwanye and Denise would hook up eventually.. meaning there would have been no Olivia or that husband of hers on the Cosby show & we could have gotten visits with her and Dwayne on the Cosby Show instead. Jasmine Guy's role wouldn't have been as large either I don't think...
GeorgiaboyJeff! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaboyJeff!
Do you think Dwayne and Whitley would hook up anyway? Or would Denise and Dwayne eventually get married instead? I just have a feeling if Denise stayed on the show, it wouldn't have lasted as long as it did. Plus if it did stay, I think Dwanye and Denise would hook up eventually.. meaning there would have been no Olivia or that husband of hers on the Cosby show & we could have gotten visits with her and Dwayne on the Cosby Show instead. Jasmine Guy's role wouldn't have been as large either I don't think...

And why do you feel it wouldn;t have lasted? Finished the 1st season at #2 and if it stayed in the same time slot with denise on the show for 6 season why wouldn't the show have lasted???
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
Brieannas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
And why do you feel it wouldn;t have lasted? Finished the 1st season at #2 and if it stayed in the same time slot with denise on the show for 6 season why wouldn't the show have lasted???

I remember hearing that DW was going to be cancelled but Bill Cosby had to fight to keep the show on. So, in the second season he hired Debbie Allen and hired new writers.

I do not know if it would have lasted as long as it did if Denise would have stayed. I don't think that Lisa had that much Chemistry with the other cast members.

But I do think that Dwayne and Denise would have hooked up and gotten married the same way Whitley and Dwayne did.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Lisa didn't have chemistry with the others, I agree with that. Something abt how her character was, didn't seem right. The Whitley character was too much of a stereotype (rich, princess-like, southern belle type of girl), she mellowed out by the time Lisa Bonet was no longer on the show. Debbie Allen did wonders with this show.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
I remember hearing that DW was going to be cancelled but Bill Cosby had to fight to keep the show on. So, in the second season he hired Debbie Allen and hired new writers.

I do not know if it would have lasted as long as it did if Denise would have stayed. I don't think that Lisa had that much Chemistry with the other cast members.

But I do think that Dwayne and Denise would have hooked up and gotten married the same way Whitley and Dwayne did.

That has to be false since after 87-88 the Top 5 shows looked like this

cosby show
ADW
Cheers
GOlden girls
growing pains

Also after Lisa Bonet left the show, the show never ranked #2 again

88-89-#3
89-90-#4
90-91-#4
91-92-#17
92-93-????

LOL, numbers don't lie
Old 07-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

ADW aired right after the Cosby Show during its first season right?

Where was it scheduled AFTER Lisa left?

Numbers don't lie, but they also don't tell the whole story. Solomon, I am surprised at you. You should know that ratings don't mean squat a lot of the times. Schedule plays a major part in that as well. Remember how ALICE was moved around constantly and the numbers reflected that? The Jeffersons were moved around so much too.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
ADW aired right after the Cosby Show during its first season right?

Where was it scheduled AFTER Lisa left?

Numbers don't lie, but they also don't tell the whole story. Solomon, I am surprised at you. You should know that ratings don't mean squat a lot of the times. Schedule plays a major part in that as well. Remember how ALICE was moved around constantly and the numbers reflected that? The Jeffersons were moved around so much too.

88-89 aired after TCS
89-90-aired after TCS
90-91-aired after TCS
91-92-aired after TCS
92-93-THE LEAD IN

anymore questions?-lol
Old 07-28-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Oh big deal, the show never ranked number 2 again, but it was #3, #4 for two seasons and then #17 (top 20). Those are great numbers. You are a researcher, but you criticize a show because it is NOT #1 all the time??? Go find your mind and put it back in your head.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh big deal, the show never ranked number 2 again, but it was #3, #4 for two seasons and then #17 (top 20). Those are great numbers. You are a researcher, but you criticize a show because it is NOT #1 all the time??? Go find your mind and put it back in your head.

Ask any network executive, #1 is all that matters-lol They will accept #2 or #3 but they really don't like it
Old 07-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #10
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

WTF does that mean? ^^^^ You are going waaaay off topic. The show was not good with Lisa. It became better after she left and when Debbie Allen came on board. THAT is the topic. The show remained on the air because fans tuned in and Debbie made it an interesting show by changing the Whitley character and bringing in great storylines. The show was CRAP with Lisa in it. I can't put all the blame on Lisa, but she didn't help matters either.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #11
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
WTF does that mean? ^^^^ You are going waaaay off topic. The show was not good with Lisa. It became better after she left and when Debbie Allen came on board. THAT is the topic. The show remained on the air because fans tuned in and Debbie made it an interesting show by changing the Whitley character and bringing in great storylines. The show was CRAP with Lisa in it. I can't put all the blame on Lisa, but she didn't help matters either.

You mean the show wasn't good to YOU, BRIEANNA, and my COUSIN with Lisa-lol But the other 25 million people in 1987 felt differently-lol

Number of Viewers after Lisa

88-23 million
89-21 million
90-17 million
91-15 million
92-??????

LOL-LOL-LOL Talk to me Irene,
Old 07-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #12
Brieannas21

Quote:
That has to be false since after 87-88 the Top 5 shows looked like this

cosby show
ADW
Cheers
GOlden girls
growing pains

Also after Lisa Bonet left the show, the show never ranked #2 again

88-89-#3
89-90-#4
90-91-#4
91-92-#17
92-93-????

LOL, numbers don't lie
What did I say that was false?????? Point it out
Old 07-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #13
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
What did I say that was false?????? Point it out

You said Bill Cosby had to beg to kep the show on the air, how can that be the case if it was the 2nd highest rated show in the country?-lol
Old 07-28-2008, 07:26 PM   #14
Brieannas21

Quote:
You said Bill Cosby had to beg to kep the show on the air, how can that be the case if it was the 2nd highest rated show in the country?-lol

Which he did, If you are such a tv reseacher you would have known that. Do your homework. Why do you think he hired Debbie? Why do you think he hired a new writing staff. Just because it was number 2 in the ratings wasn't going to stop the network from cancelling the show. Research that and get back to me.

I went to notationmachine.com and saw those same rating numbers. I'm going on what I heard and saw.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #15
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Which he did, If you are such a tv reseacher you would have known that. Do your homework. Why do you think he hired Debbie? Why do you think he hired a new writing staff. Just because it was number 2 in the ratings wasn't going to stop the network from cancelling the show. Research that and get back to me.

I went to notationmachine.com and saw those same rating numbers. I'm going on what I heard and saw.

Well just tell me why it was going to be yanked