Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

A Different World links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / A Different World Photo Gallery


A Different World - Season 1

Buy A Different World - Season 1 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > A Different World

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season
Comedy Central Schedules Lights Out with David Spade; NBC's The Good Place to End After Season 4
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 10, 2019)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default I was confused about Oliva appearing on ADW until I realized that she

was on the Cosby Show set and not the ADW world set. That's when Whitley and Dwayne went to NYC and Dwayne stopped by only to find out Denise was involved. I was saying to myself at first-"When did Oliva apppear on ADW?
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #2
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,567
Default

I'm confused. Are you saying that you saw Olivia FIRST on ADW and then you saw her on Cosby?
__________________
DALLAS COWBOYS ARE HERE AT TRAINING CAMP!!!
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
I'm confused. Are you saying that you saw Olivia FIRST on ADW and then you saw her on Cosby?

No, I'm saying that Oliva was at the Huxtable House on a episode of A different World. Dwayne and Whitely went bac to NYC and dwayne went to see Denise and found out she was married. So at first I was thinking that Denise, Oliva, and Martin went to Visit Hillman-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #4
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
Brian Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2002
Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Posts: 62,616
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Default

Yeah, that was Denise's official write off of ADW. It also led to the romance between Dwayne and Whitley.
__________________
The Key to the Kingdom of Heaven: John 3:3

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,099
Default

That's my favorite crossover episode with TCS-the only crossover that made any sense after the show had established itself. I never cared for the ones where Claire visited Hillman especially after Denise left.
__________________
Sonny
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:44 PM   #6
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Tall
That's my favorite crossover episode with TCS-the only crossover that made any sense after the show had established itself. I never cared for the ones where Claire visited Hillman especially after Denise left.

I always wonder can it really be considered a crossover if the Guest Stars never leave the set of their show?-lol Kind of Like when Sherman Hemsley and Mike Evans was credited as Guest Stars on All in the Family but they never left the Manhattan Highrise-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Tall
That's my favorite crossover episode with TCS-the only crossover that made any sense after the show had established itself. I never cared for the ones where Claire visited Hillman especially after Denise left.
Any visit by any Huxtable on ADW was pointless and mundane.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #8
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
Brian Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2002
Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Posts: 62,616
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
I always wonder can it really be considered a crossover if the Guest Stars never leave the set of their show?-lol Kind of Like when Sherman Hemsley and Mike Evans was credited as Guest Stars on All in the Family but they never left the Manhattan Highrise-lol

Of course it was a crossover, it was ADW.
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
Of course it was a crossover, it was ADW.


Well they should have made that a Cosby Show ep since no Huxtable was on the Hillman Campus-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #10
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
Brian Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2002
Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Posts: 62,616
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
Well they should have made that a Cosby Show ep since no Huxtable was on the Hillman Campus-lol

No, because the episode was surrounding Dwayne, not a Cosby cast member.
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #11
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
No, because the episode was surrounding Dwayne, not a Cosby cast member.

The ADW characters crossed over their roles to the Cosby Show set so I think they should have found a different weay to do it
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #12
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
Brian Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2002
Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Posts: 62,616
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
The ADW characters crossed over their roles to the Cosby Show set so I think they should have found a different weay to do it

I disagree because the purpose of the episode was to finally give closure to Denise on ADW and start the romance between Dwayne and Whitley.
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #13
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
I disagree because the purpose of the episode was to finally give closure to Denise on ADW and start the romance between Dwayne and Whitley.

The fact that she left Hillman wasn't enough closure?-lol It wasn't like Dwayne had a chance with her
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #14
Brieannas21
Member
Senior Member
 
Brieannas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 05, 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
The fact that she left Hillman wasn't enough closure?-lol It wasn't like Dwayne had a chance with her

No, because Dwayne still carried a torch for Denise, So that ended when he found out that she was married and had a step-daughter. Which lead to the relationship between Whitley and Dwayne.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #15
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
No, because Dwayne still carried a torch for Denise, So that ended when he found out that she was married and had a step-daughter. Which lead to the relationship between Whitley and Dwayne.

So-lol I carried a torch for a female in college who left after our freshman year and had no choice but to put the fire out because she was not coming back-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.