Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

A Different World links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / A Different World Photo Gallery

A Different World - Season 1

Buy A Different World - Season 1 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > A Different World

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-29-2006, 11:33 PM   #16
Brieannas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkPink1985
This is not making any sense.... If it has nothing to do with it, then why did you make an assumption because I said he was too goofy, I think only dumb kids are from the hood. Please cut and paste when I said that he's too smart to be from the "hood"

This has everything to do with the conversation, If this was about Whitley or even Ron ex: "Because Whitley's rich, she doesn't have heart" or whatever, then this wouldn't be a minor blowup because now i'm a little ticked off because of an silly assumption being made. I never intended to diss people from the hood.

You said you weren't trying to start anything, but to be honest, you did..

Did I say in my post anywhere that you said that people from certain neighborhoods were dumb???? No I didn't.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:40 PM   #17
JuicyCoutureGirl
L Hath No Fury
Forum Regular

Location: Drinking Margaritas With The L Word Ladies at The Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
There's no need to call on the lord

I didn't start anything, I'm just responding to your post.

And if you get my post and read my post, I said that just because a person is from "The Hood" doesn't mean that they'll act a certain way. Plain and simple.
I always say good lord about everything.

I just hate when people assume things, that's all. I never meant to imply negative things about the hood, the evening news and BET already does a good job of that. I'm just saying, I thought he tried to hard to be cool!

Not once did I imply that hood kids are stupid. Yes some hood kids are stupid and don't want to do better there are rich kids and middle class kids like that.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:45 PM   #18
JuicyCoutureGirl
L Hath No Fury
Forum Regular

Location: Drinking Margaritas With The L Word Ladies at The Planet

Quote:
Did I say in my post anywhere that you said that people from certain neighborhoods were dumb???? No I didn't.
According to your post, you got on your soapbox and said not all kids from the ghetto are dumb and so on and so on, the topic was about his BEHAVIOR not his INTELLIGENCE.

Please go back and re-read my post from the b-e-g-i-n-n-i-n-g.....
JuicyCoutureGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:46 PM   #19
Brieannas21

Quote:
I always say good lord about everything.

I just hate when people assume things, that's all. I never meant to imply negative things about the hood, the evening news and BET already does a good job of that. I'm just saying, I thought he tried to hard to be cool!

Not once did I imply that hood kids are stupid. Yes some hood kids are stupid and don't want to do better there are rich kids and middle class kids like that.

I never assumed anything, I know nothing about you at all. So I would never make any assumptions about a person I know nothing about.

I was just stating my point of view, that's all
Old 10-29-2006, 11:50 PM   #20
Brieannas21

Quote:
According to your post, you got on your soapbox and said not all kids from the ghetto are dumb and so on and so on, the topic was about his BEHAVIOR not his INTELLIGENCE.

Please go back and re-read my post from the b-e-g-i-n-n-i-n-g.....

I also said that there are clowns and goofy people that are in certain neighborhoods. If you re-read my first post you will see that I said that and that was the whole point of Terrell being on the show. He was Goofy and made people laugh.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #21
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

I couldn't stand Terrell. He was goofy and he just rubbed me the wrong way. I love a funny and goofy person, but his goofiness just didn't do it for me.

Him NOT DENYING posting the note on Charmaine's back, seems like because the note got such a huge reaction from the kids in class, he wishes he had posted the note and so, he wanted to take credit for it.

Bottom line, he called her a "ho" and no matter where he came from, he was an idiot for doing so, especially for "cheap laughs."
Old 10-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #22
Brieannas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
I couldn't stand Terrell. He was goofy and he just rubbed me the wrong way. I love a funny and goofy person, but his goofiness just didn't do it for me.

Him NOT DENYING posting the note on Charmaine's back, seems like because the note got such a huge reaction from the kids in class, he wishes he had posted the note and so, he wanted to take credit for it.

Bottom line, he called her a "ho" and no matter where he came from, he was an idiot for doing so, especially for "cheap laughs."

In the episode Great XPectations I think that was the only time you saw Terrell really serious and I think it was him at his best.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #23
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
In the episode Great XPectations I think that was the only time you saw Terrell really serious and I think it was him at his best.
Now THAT! was good. Yep, it did show a better Terrell.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #24
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Wow, this topic carried over to the second page with only three people. Anyway, I believe that Terrell is from the Hood. He and Dwayne both grew up in the Bedford-Stuyvesant Area in Brooklyn. Hey, when Dwayne, Whitley and Ron went to go visit Dwayne's family, they should have dropped in on the Huxtables. LOL.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:20 PM   #25
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
Wow, this topic carried over to the second page with only three people. Anyway, I believe that Terrell is from the Hood. He and Dwayne both grew up in the Bedford-Stuyvesant Area in Brooklyn. Hey, when Dwayne, Whitley and Ron went to go visit Dwayne's family, they should have dropped in on the Huxtables. LOL.
It takes THREE baby! That's good enough for me!
There was an episode when Dwayne visited Denise at home. I can't imagine Whitley wanting to visit Denise ANYWHERE.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #26
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

I don't care about her, I wanted Dwayne to visit and Whitley could have come along. I wonder what would have been the reactions to Dwayne and Whitley's relationship by Vanessa, Denise, Rudy and Clair. Patti LaBelle said on Oprah that she would never let her son marry someone like Whitley. She said "Heck, no!" that was funny.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:54 PM   #27
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
I don't care about her, I wanted Dwayne to visit and Whitley could have come along. I wonder what would have been the reactions to Dwayne and Whitley's relationship by Vanessa, Denise, Rudy and Clair. Patti LaBelle said on Oprah that she would never let her son marry someone like Whitley. She said "Heck, no!" that was funny.
Well, on the Cosby show, anything is possible. However, there would be no reason for Dwayne, Ron or Whitley, individually or together, to visit the Huxtables.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #28
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

But it would have been very interesting. I would have loved that.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:05 PM   #29
realchic1999
Embrace nothingness!
Forum Regular

Quote:
I wonder what would have been the reactions to Dwayne and Whitley's relationship by Vanessa, Denise, Rudy and Clair.
I doubt Denise would've minded. Clair would've given one of her "looks" and probably start giggling.

"Do you have 50 cents for 75 cents?"
realchic1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #30
PARKER MADISON
Occasional Poster

I can't believe some of these comments.

Who NEEDs to feel sorry for a rich kid? How many problems, issues and obstacles do they have in life??? How do you compare a rich kids problems to those of a kid form the hood?

Anywho, to respond to the ORIGINAL post-

I think Terrell kept quiet because he was trying to protect Gina but then Gina went and told on herself so...
PARKER MADISON is offline   Reply With Quote