Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

A Different World links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / A Different World Photo Gallery

A Different World - Season 1

Buy A Different World - Season 1 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > A Different World

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-26-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Default "Somebody Say Ho" episode...

Yes, I seen this episode at 4:30 this morning when I couldn't sleep. LOL

Anyhow, why did he just not say, "Hey, I didn't put the sign on her back."? He allowed the matter to go all the way to student court. He tried to put it on Freddy by saying she "never bothered to ask him if he put the note on Charmaine's back." Excuse me, but if he never stated to Dwayne that he never put it there, of course the whole student body is going to take it as a fact that he did it.

Also, Dwayne should have taken immediate action towards him. Had he done so, then maybe at that point he would have admitted to not putting the note on Charmaine, instead of trying to act like "the hood he was pretending to be."
Old 10-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
JuicyCoutureGirl
L Hath No Fury
Forum Regular

Location: Drinking Margaritas With The L Word Ladies at The Planet

That's what I was thinking the whole time! If only he would have said he didn't do it, then it would have been a done deal.

BTW: I seriously doubted that he was from the hood. He reminded me of those goofy kids would wanted to put up a front in front of others.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:06 PM   #3
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkPink1985
That's what I was thinking the whole time! If only he would have said he didn't do it, then it would have been a done deal.

BTW: I seriously doubted that he was from the hood. He reminded me of those goofy kids would wanted to put up a front in front of others.
That's exactly what he was, someone who wanted to pretend he was from the hood, just putting on a front, but then getting pissed when he got the negative treatment, JUST LIKE SOMEONE FROM THE HOOD WOULD GET. So, he got what he deserved.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #4
Brieannas21

Quote:

Why??? Everyone from the hood has to be hard and speak broken English? There are nerdy, smart intellectual kids in bad neighborhoods. But Terrell was goofy that was his purpose on the show.

Not trying to start anything, I'm just saying.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:26 AM   #5
JuicyCoutureGirl
L Hath No Fury
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
Why??? Everyone from the hood has to be hard and speak broken English? There are nerdy, smart intellectual kids in bad neighborhoods. But Terrell was goofy that was his purpose on the show.

Not trying to start anything, I'm just saying.
I know there are smart kids in the ghetto,i'm not clueless or stupid, I never doubted his intelligence, I clearly said he was just too goofy. He tried too hard to be 'down', people can tell when someone tries to be rebel without a clue. If you re-read my post, I never said that stupid kids are ghetto, not once I question his intelligence.

I just don't get why people take offense when someone talks about the hood. All these years, people have been making assumptions about rich kids being snobs, airheads, spoiled. I'm sorry I don't fit into that. It's not right that people can dog the rich kids but as soon as someone talks about ghetto kids, all hell breaks loose! It's a double standard...

Last edited by JuicyCoutureGirl; 10-29-2006 at 01:54 AM.
JuicyCoutureGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:43 AM   #6
felicitylen
Keep Austin WEIRD

Plain and simple, it's just stereotypes that people have about rich kids and kids from the ghetto.

Ozomatli

4-3-07

Bjork

5-7-07

Martin Season 2

5-22-07
felicitylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:51 AM   #7
JuicyCoutureGirl
L Hath No Fury
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitylen
Plain and simple, it's just stereotypes that people have about rich kids and kids from the ghetto.
True, but I never said that stupid kids were ghetto, I just said that Terell tried to hard, I know kids like him that try to hard to be cool.

I'm just sick to death of people thinking it's okay to rag on the rich kids but it's not okay to point out the ghetto kids, if anyone does it's the race card being thrown or the oreo card....

Us rich kids have feelings too, i've been ragged on for years by the 'ghetto acting' kids about being rich and I don't think it's right to be ragged on for something silly as being rich.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:25 PM   #8
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

I get what you mean ThinkPink. I don't get the feeling that Terrell was from the hood. As I stated, I believe he was "trying" to give that impression. He reminds me of those kids who are smart, have goals, BUT! if they show that, some kids would "put them down" or make fun of them for "being smart."

I can't tell you how many times my late older brother was mistaken for being from the "wrong side of the tracks" growing up simply because of how he dressed and at times talked.

I knew this girl who pretended to be from "the hood" because she didn't want to be (her words) picked on. She felt if she put on a front, she would be respected better, not made fun of, etc. Here she was in private school with us and pretending to be "hard". She had it in her head that kids would treat her badly if they knew she was smart, educated and from the "right side of the tracks." I know there are kids who do treat other kids badly because of the clothes they wear, the school they go to, call them "nerdy" because they are smart.

I think, that is what Terrell was doing, pretending to be "hard". Even Ms. Davenport (?) told him to stop "bopping" if he wanted to be taken seriously and not as a hoodlum. She must have known that is not how he really is.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #9
Brieannas21

And my question is, Why wouldn't you think that he was from the hood?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:54 PM   #10
Brieannas21

Quote:
True, but I never said that stupid kids were ghetto, I just said that Terell tried to hard, I know kids like him that try to hard to be cool.

I'm just sick to death of people thinking it's okay to rag on the rich kids but it's not okay to point out the ghetto kids, if anyone does it's the race card being thrown or the oreo card....

Us rich kids have feelings too, i've been ragged on for years by the 'ghetto acting' kids about being rich and I don't think it's right to be ragged on for something silly as being rich.
I'm not ragging on anyone I don't care what your social or economic status is. I would be the last person to do that since I grew up in, with and married money. So that has nothing at all to do with it.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #11
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
When Ms. Davenport told Terrell to stop "bopping". She wouldn't tell someone to stop "behaving" a certain way if that is his mannerisms. By her telling him that, she was basically saying, "Stop acting like you are from the hood...cuz you're not!"

Even Lena was put off by his "antics" when he first came to campus.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:01 PM   #12
Brieannas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
When Ms. Davenport told Terrell to stop "bopping". She wouldn't tell someone to stop "behaving" a certain way if that is his mannerisms. By her telling him that, she was basically saying, "Stop acting like you are from the hood...cuz you're not!"

Even Lena was put off by his "antics" when he first came to campus.
She told him to stop bopping around like he had swollen feet.

My point is, a person from the hood doesn't have to act, talk or dress a certain way. It's like people think that everyone from bad neighborhoods, act like walk and talk a certain way when they don't. There are all kinds of people from "the hood" and not everyone act tough and bad, there are clowns and goofy people in the hood.

When people hear where my speak and she tell them where she's from and grew up they are AMAZED because they can't believe that she's from one of Dallas' worst parts of town.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:25 PM   #13
JuicyCoutureGirl
L Hath No Fury
Forum Regular

Quote:
Good lord, I just said, I NEVER QUESTIONED HIS INTELLIGENCE!!!!!!! I just answered your question.

Stop making assumptions that people are always 'dissing' the hood, I just said for the love of God, There are people who pretend to be something they are not.

It's amazing how people get a free pass at making fun of the rich, if this topic was about Whitley the rich girl, then there wouldn't be a problem.

I bet a million dollars that when you watch My Super Sweet 16, you probably think that all rich kids act that way.

I just get sick to death of people bashing the rich, like we have no feelings and that money covers it. There is smart and dumb people in every group. There is a difference between down and putting on an act.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:36 PM   #14
JuicyCoutureGirl
L Hath No Fury
Forum Regular

Quote:
I'm not ragging on anyone I don't care what your social or economic status is. I would be the last person to do that since I grew up in, with and married money. So that has nothing at all to do with it.
This is not making any sense.... If it has nothing to do with it, then why did you make an assumption because I said he was too goofy, I think only dumb kids are from the hood. Please cut and paste when I said that he's too smart to be from the "hood"

This has everything to do with the conversation, If this was about Whitley or even Ron ex: "Because Whitley's rich, she doesn't have heart" or whatever, then this wouldn't be a minor blowup because now i'm a little ticked off because of an silly assumption being made. I never intended to diss people from the hood.

You said you weren't trying to start anything, but to be honest, you did..
Old 10-29-2006, 11:30 PM   #15
Brieannas21

There's no need to call on the lord

I didn't start anything, I'm just responding to your post.

And if you get my post and read my post, I said that just because a person is from "The Hood" doesn't mean that they'll act a certain way. Plain and simple.