Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

A Different World links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / A Different World Photo Gallery

A Different World - Season 1

Buy A Different World - Season 1 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > A Different World

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-15-2006, 08:59 PM   #16
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Crying out loud was Thelma Evans, not Ron.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:04 PM   #17
Brieannas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
Where did you see him crying? I saw him choked up and obviously sad, he hugged Dwayne and had sadness in his eyes. But there were no tears.

THANK YOU!!!!!!, Not a drop of water fell from Rons eyes.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:39 PM   #18
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
THANK YOU!!!!!!, Not a drop of water fell from Rons eyes.

I don't know what Solomon saw, but like you said, NO WATER!
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:59 PM   #19
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
He could have been more manly about it. I just think he was TOO EMOTIONAL around another man.

No way. There was nothing gay about that. Just because he expressed himself in the way that he did does not make him look gay. What is your definition of "more manly"? As human beings on this earth, we all have different emotions to show when something makes us happy, sad or angry. I am a straight man and I see nothing wrong with a man crying. I think that a real man is one that his bold enough to be who he is. If God had not meant for a man to cry, chances are he would not have created us with tear ducts!

We get too caught up in the world with some beliefs on what makes a person a man. Being emotional around another man does not make one necessarily look gay. If I ever have a son, I will let him know that it is okay for a man to cry whether it is through good times or bad. My thing is you cry and get it out of the way and then you get back up on the road and keep truckin' strong.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #20
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
No way. There was nothing gay about that. Just because he expressed himself in the way that he did does not make him look gay. What is your definition of "more manly"? As human beings on this earth, we all have different emotions to show when something makes us happy, sad or angry. I am a straight man and I see nothing wrong with a man crying. I think that a real man is one that his bold enough to be who he is. If God had not meant for a man to cry, chances are he would not have created us with tear ducts!

We get too caught up in the world with some beliefs on what makes a person a man. Being emotional around another man does not make one necessarily look gay. If I ever have a son, I will let him know that it is okay for a man to cry whether it is through good times or bad. My thing is you cry and get it out of the way and then you get back up on the road and keep truckin' strong.

Have you ever seen situations where men felt like they were getting too emotional in front of each other and then all of a sudden they started saying-"HOW BOUT THEM BEARS?? Well that's what I mean
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:15 PM   #21
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Mr. Davis, you are making sitcom message board history. In my six and a half years, I have to say that you do stand out. There should be a sitcom about people type in sitcome message boards and trade tapes and get into conflicts about spinoffs and DVD Releases. Hey, I may just write that script.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:20 PM   #22
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
Mr. Davis, you are making sitcom message board history. In my six and a half years, I have to say that you do stand out. There should be a sitcom about people type in sitcome message boards and trade tapes and get into conflicts about spinoffs and DVD Releases. Hey, I may just write that script.

LOL-Haven't you seen that on a show before? Two men felt they were getting emotional in front of each other and then they start talking about sports.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:21 PM   #23
Heart Shaped Box

Send a message via AIM to Heart Shaped Box

Solomon, I dunno about you, but if my best friend was moving to Japan, or Korea or wherever Dwayne was going, I would be crying and hugging him too.

There's really no way to reach me
Cause I'm already gone
Heart Shaped Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #24
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
LOL-Haven't you seen that on a show before? Two men felt they were getting emotional in front of each other and then they start talking about sports.

Of Course. It always seem like they have something to prove. I say be yourself and know who you are.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:16 PM   #25
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Have you ever seen situations where men felt like they were getting too emotional in front of each other and then all of a sudden they started saying-"HOW BOUT THEM BEARS?? Well that's what I mean
Forget what you MEANT, and stick with what you POSTED. You clearly stated Ron was crying (which he wasn't)...You stated men don't do that. Real men do. Whether a man will miss his best friend (whom he considers like a brother) shouldn't bother you, nor should how he reacts/behaves. You wouldn't cry. That doesn't mean that is how the rest of the world's men should behave.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:18 PM   #26
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Forget what you MEANT, and stick with what you POSTED. You clearly stated Ron was crying (which he wasn't)...You stated men don't do that. Real men do. Whether a man will miss his best friend (whom he considers like a brother) shouldn't bother you, nor should how he reacts/behaves. You wouldn't cry. That doesn't mean that is how the rest of the world's men should behave.

LOL-LOL
Old 10-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #27
Brieannas21

Quote:

Exactly

I don't think Solomon is in touch with his emotional side.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:50 PM   #28
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
Exactly

I don't think Solomon is in touch with his emotional
side.

It just doesn't come out around men-lol
Old 10-22-2006, 07:02 PM   #29
Brieannas21

Quote:
It just doesn't come out around men-lol

Only in Solomon's world, My husband cried when our daughters were born, so does that make him (as you put it) gay????
Old 10-22-2006, 07:06 PM   #30
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

[QUOTE=Brieannas21]Only in Solomon's world, My husband cried when our daughters were born, so does that make him (as you put it) gay????[/QUOTE

Men are not supposed to cry when

They are fired
When they Lose a Game