Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Random Posts
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Antenna TV Spends Mother's Day with Hazel; HBO Picks Up Comedies Veep, Silicon Valley
CBS Midseason Pilot Review: Bad Teacher - Premieres Thursday, April 24; Rookie Blue Coming to ION Television in Fall 2014
Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #16
Vince53
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMac
Just curious but what is the obsession whether God can take a picture or not?

Good to hear from you, MickeyMac. I'm a military buff, and I am fascinated at how everything went so wrong with that picture, and yet it is the most famous photograph ever taken.

The first man to see the picture was the film developer, who started crying, ran outside, and showed it to everyone he could.

More people have seen this photograph (or copies of it) than any other photograph in history. Within a few months, it appeared on over 3 1/2 million posters.

It has appeared on the front page of more newspapers than any other photograph.

It is the most photoshopped picture in history. It has been re-drawn, colorized, computer-enhanced, rotated, cropped, and elongated more than any other photograph in history. And that was before Photoshop had been invented.

More statues (at least six) have been made from it than any other photograph in history. It has appeared on two postage stamps and paintings of the photo are displayed in various places.

And the only statement in this post that can't be documented: More people love this photograph than any other.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
Vince53
Forum Regular

Out of curiosity, I watched the first episode of "My Favorite Martian," a show I had enjoyed 48 years ago. Tim, the reporter who had rescued the shipwrecked Martian, explains that if Uncle Martin (the Martian) will help him get the story into print, Tim will win the Pulitzer Prize.

Uncle Martin points out that Tim doesn't deserve the Pulitzer Prize. Tim's ability to prove the existence of Martians was based on circumstances, but not Tim's skill. Tim himself knew that he did not deserve to win the Pulitzer Prize.

It occurred to me that Joe Rosenthal did not deserve to win the Pulitzer Prize for this photograph. He didn't "set it up" or arrange it. In fact, he had to spend decades arguing that he hadn't posed the Marines in the photograph. He took the credit, but he knew that he didn't deserve it.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #19
Miss Lisa

I'm pretty sure God could take an awesome photograph under every circumstance. Lol, I don't think I like the idea though. I can see it now, 60 years from now, I'm up there getting judged and he pulls out a picture from one of those weekends up at Put in Bay.

~♥~"No matter how big or soft or warm your bed is, you still have to get out of it."~♥~
- Grace Slick

http://deviantrose112.posterous.com/