Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Preview New ABC Comedy Selfie Pilot with Twitter; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 25, 2014)
TV Land Fall 2014 Schedule Has The Beverly Hillbillies; Eva Longoria Heads to Brooklyn Nine-Nine for Arc
Antenna TV Fall 2014 Schedule; Cloo Honors Robin Williams with Mork & Mindy Week
MeTV Network Fall 2014 Schedule; Disney Channel Posts Strong Ratings on Friday with Girl Meets World and Original Movie
Soap, Happy Endings on Logo; SNL Saturday Marathon on TV Land
Summer 2014 Week 12 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Hosting Gig for Craig Ferguson; Wonder Years DVD Music Update; New DVDs from Mill Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

Community - The Complete Fifth Season Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season Parks and Recreation - Season Six Three's Company - The Complete Series Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series

08/05 - Californication - The Final (Seventh) Season
08/05 - Community - The Complete Fifth Season
08/05 - Mad About You - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - The Nanny - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - Dennis the Menace (Animated) - Lights! Camera! Menace!
08/12 - Bitten - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/19 - The Millers - The First Season
08/19 - The Mindy Project - Season Two
08/19 - Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season
08/19 - Parks and Recreation - Season Six
08/19 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
08/19 - Once Upon a Time - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
08/26 - Austin & Ally - Chasing the Beat
08/26 - Good Luck Charlie - So Long, Farewell!
08/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series
08/26 - Revenge - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #16
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Lussier & Farmer Talk Halloween 3
Monday, July 19, 2010
By: Chris Eggertsen

During his visit to the set of director Patrick Lussier and co-scripter Todd Farmer's Drive Angry 3-D in May, B-D reporter Chris Eggertsen tried to get something - anything - out of them regarding the status of Halloween 3.

Farmer indicated at the time that the duo would still be interested in tackling the project:

"I think there's not many who don't know that we did 'Halloween 3' and we would still, Patrick and I both, would still very much love to do 'Halloween 3'...

We have written a first draft of that and so now it's in the capable hands of the Weinstein Company.
"

The subject still seemed a little raw for Lussier, though.

When I asked him about it, his answer was very short and very curt:

"I know nothing about 'Halloween 3'," he snapped.

"My last involvement with the project was Christmas. My last conversation with the Weinsteins was at that time. Beyond that I know nothing. You know as much as I do."

Ouch. Sounds like it might be a long time before we see this one materialize.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/20940
Old 12-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #17
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Director Patrick Lussier on Halloween 3D
By Peter Hall
Posted Dec 15th 2010

Where is Halloween 3D at? Is it just back-burnered or are you guys off of it?

You'd really have to ask Dimension Films and Bob Weinstein. We were very excited about the script we wrote.

Malek Akkad was very excited about the script we wrote. We loved Malek and we'd love to make the movie with him, but that's up to the grown-ups who are above our pay grade, so who knows.

I am frequently surprised by whatever happens next.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/12/15...raiser-remake/
Old 02-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #18
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Patrick Lussier on Halloween 3-D
Friday, February 25, 2011
By: Chris Eggertsen

During our recent exclusive chat with Patrick Lussier to discuss the release of his latest film, the Nicolas Cage vehicle Drive Angry 3D, we simply couldn't let the director go without first asking for an update - any update - on Halloween 3-D, which has seemingly gotten this close to production several times in the past before being put squarely on the Weinsteins' back-burner once again.

Interestingly, Lussier seems to think that the studio's laser-focus on the make-or-break release of Scream 4 may be part of the reason for that.

"Yeah, well, we've got the 'H3' script sitting there," said Lussier.

"We would make that in a hearbeat...The Weinsteins' focus has shifted onto 'Hellraiser', and they obviously want to focus on 'Scream 4'...their sort of "slasher mind" is probably very, very focused on that film and the release of that film.

So I can't really speak for them, you know?"

In other words, the Weinsteins are only able (willing?) to focus on reviving one slasher franchise at a time.

"I wish I had more to tell you," offered Lussier, obviously passionate about the project.

"I know Todd and I would love to shoot that, love to shoot the script that was so much fun to write and delve into that Carpenter world."

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/23597
Old 05-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #19
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Interview: Director Patrick Lussier and Writer Todd Farmer Talk Halloween III
by Joseph McCabe
May 27, 2011

What can we expect from Michael Myers in Halloween III?

Lussier: Todd and I wrote it to be a continuation of Zombie's Halloween II and the set-up for the franchise that he did, a sort of reboot of that.

Then take it back to the roots of John Carpenter and create a scenario that echoes the first film, the late ‘70s film that John made. And going back to the tone of Carpenter and the fun that his movie had, and how much you really liked all the characters and how compelling they are.

That to us was the reason to do it. Both of us love the original Halloween and remember seeing it in the theater for the first time and being completely terrified and blown away by it.

It's been repeated so many times – there's pieces of the original Halloween in Halloween H2O. That was something we were very excited to do. The script's still out there. We're waiting for Dimension Films to decide that's what they want to make next.

We spoke recently about it and voiced our passion for the project.

Farmer: We took Zombie's story and we continued that story without breaking the rules, without cheating. We kept it in the world that he did. But our goal was to return to a John Carpenter tone.

And while Zombie created a Michael Myers that was sort of a T-Rex – and I appreciate that; it was something different – at the same time I always felt Halloween was one of the movies that made me what I am.

So I've always loved the fact that Michael was a pr*ck and devious in the way he operated. He was The Shape. Which we're continuing in a fun way – part Zombie and part Carpenter.

In returning to the Carpenter tone, is the film not likely to be in 3D?

Lussier: When they originally asked us to do it, they wanted it in 3D. Whether it's 3D or not now, I have no idea. That's for the grown-ups. We conceived it to work either way. Story comes first. So the story will work whether it's shot in 2D or 3D.

If it's shot in 3D, we'll put a little 3D rollercoaster in it so that everybody can get a blast out of it. That's always up to those who paid for it. [Laughs]

Farmer: It's a Halloween movie, and of course we're thrilled and can't wait to do it. We wrote it before going into production on Drive Angry, and the plan was to shoot it before Drive Angry. But it just turned out to be impossible.

At this point now, all the focus is on Hellraiser. And as soon as we're done with Hellraiser then hopefully we can roll right onto Halloween.

http://www.fearnet.com/news/intervie...k_lussier.html
Old 06-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #20
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Dimension Wants Halloween 3D for 2012
Source: Box Office Mojo
June 17, 2011

Dimension Films has announced that fans of Michael Myers should put a big red circle around October 26, 2012 on their calendars.

That's when the company is expected to release Halloween 3D.

Of course, at this time, we have no clue who is directing or which script they are going with.

Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer penned a draft which picks up after the events of Rob Zombie's Halloween II. The story concerns Laurie Strode in a mental hospital and there's a part for Tom Atkins to co-star.

Lussier and Farmer, however, are neck-deep in the Hellraiser redo script.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=19616
Old 09-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #21
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Todd Farmer Talks Halloween 3D
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
By: BC

Do they want a PG-13 rating for Halloween 3D?

I know PG-13ís always discussed. To me it seems impossible to do Hellraiser as a PG-13, and it seems DIFFICULT to do Halloween as PG-13. What we wrote was definitely not PG-13.

Probably the biggest change is that since so much time has gone by, is that I donít think a sequel to Robís Halloween II would still play, so Iím not sure that our original script would work. We literally started ours five minutes before Robís movie ended.

So much time has gone by... there have been other things discussed, other ways to tell that story.

You guys actually DID complete a script for Halloween 3D, right?

Yeah, I think it was September of 2009, we had eight days to write the script if we were going to prep it, shoot it, and wrap it before we had to go prep for Drive Angry, it was all supposed to be done very fast.

At the end of the day there was just no time or money to pull it off.

Now that 3D is seemingly not a big draw anymore, you think it might be 2D if/when it happens?

Was the 3D element really important in the script?

We had some ďComin at ya!Ē stuff written into it, but it could be done 2D.

I think My Bloody Valentine and Drive Angry both play great in 2D perfectly well. I donít know what THEYíRE thinking, but if I was the boss, I wouldnít do it in 3D at this point.

I think Final Destination is a perfect movie to do in 3D, I donít know if Halloween is. Itís still huge overseas though, but I think people are just tired of it here in the States.

James Cameron style epics will keep 3D alive, not this other stuff.

But they still want SOMETHING with the Halloween name, right?

Absolutely. The date has been set. October of 2012. And even that can be pushed forward if the movieís ready, like the last couple.

Theyíre listening to ideas and pitches... I donít know what the future holds, but I know there will be another one.

Give us a tease, what was your original Halloween 3D story?

Basically we opened at the end of Robís movie; the whole first act is the end of Robís movie, at the end of which Michael is killed. But instead of Scout stabbing Michael... Rob had these visions and things, so we had it so that she thinks sheís killing Michael, but itís a vision and sheís actually been stabbing Loomis.

And then Michael puts the mask on her and she stumbles outside (as we see in the theatrical version of Halloween II), and then when she takes the mask off thatís when weíd switch to 3D. It would be flat until then.

Anyway, Laurie survives and is taken to a mental institution, and then Michael returns, but itís not Robís Michael that returns, itís the Shape Ė he stalks, he gets the original white mask back, and the coveralls.

So itís still in Robís world, but with the Carpenter version of Michael. And of course we had a great role for Tom Atkins; heíd be playing the doctor of the hospital. And the whole time the TV in the rec room would be playing the Silver Shamrock theme, and at one point Atkins would walk by and yell (Farmer switches to a damn good Atkins impression) ďTurn that sh*t off!Ē And Iíd keep my pants on this time.

Also, there was never anyone cast. Our intention was to bring his cast back, but it never got that far. Scout may have seen an outline, but no one was ever in negotiations, Iím certain no one was officially attached.

But it was going from the theatrical ending of Halloween II, not the directorís cut version?

Yeah, when we were hired the theatrical was all that was available. We never saw Robís original ending.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/26223
Attached Images
File Type: jpg farmer%201.jpg (56.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-31-2012, 10:49 PM   #22
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Halloween 3D Pushed Back?
January 31, 2012
By: EvanDickson

There are some unconfirmed reports emerging that Halloween 3D may be getting pushed back from its October 26th release date.

As of right now, STYD is reporting that the film has been moved to next year. Right now their story is unconfirmed, but the film hasn't started shooting - or even firm casting yet. So I wouldn't necessarily expect it this year.

We'll see what comes of it in the next few days, but in this town, it's usually later rather than sooner. The lack of momentum thus far does indicate that it might be pushed.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/28143
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #23
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Halloween 3D Officially Bumped from 2012
by Ryan Turek
March 07, 2012

If you thought Dimension Films was really going to have Halloween 3D in theaters October 26th, as the company stated last year, you have another thing coming.

The 3D Michael Myers outing - as we suspected a few weeks ago - has been pushed back. The film has adopted the dreaded "release date to be determined" status.

However, insiders tell us Halloween 3D is still a priority at the company and they're still fielding pitches.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...mped-from-2012
Old 04-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #24
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Halloween Franchise is Seeking Another Home
by Ryan Turek
April 01, 2012

Let's offer a bit of clarification on a scoop that hit the web this afternoon.

B-D reports that Platinum Dunes is "in talks" to score the Halloween franchise and work alongside Dimension Films in bringing Michael Myers back to the big screen.

Yes, we've heard this, too. Early last week, in fact.

Alas, as is the nature of the biz, it's about being "first." I'd prefer to wait until there was solid news to report, but here is what we've heard after making a few calls.

Platinum Dunes is not the only company Dimension Films is taking the Halloween series to.

Essentially, Dimension is fielding interest from various companies...and Platinum Dunes just happens to be one of those contenders. So, while a Platinum Dunes-produced Halloween film could very well be a reality, it's all just "talk" right now.

Platinum Dunes, of course, gave us the remakes of A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, The Amityville Horror and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Pulling Halloween into their stable seems like a logical choice.

As for the "direction" that the series might take, I'm hearing that pitches are being fielded for a straight-up continuation of what Rob Zombie created and another reboot is being considered.

How likely is it that Dimension will partner with Platinum Dunes? Time will tell. They already have an established relationship having worked together on Amityville.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...g-another-home