Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

All Other TV Shows Photo Gallery / Sketch Comedy/Variety/Talk Shows/Late Night TV Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > All Other TV Shows
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Antenna TV Spends Mother's Day with Hazel; HBO Picks Up Comedies Veep, Silicon Valley
CBS Midseason Pilot Review: Bad Teacher - Premieres Thursday, April 24; Rookie Blue Coming to ION Television in Fall 2014
Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default Good Morning America is not on the same level as "The Today Show"

I tried watching GMA the other morning and everyone is acting silly and laughing like teenagers. On the The Today show Ann Curry and Matt Laurer are more professional and not silly and you are able to take them seriously.

Also, it's too many people on the GMA set and that's probably why it won't ever beat the Today show.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)

It just beat the Today show again last week. 2 of 3 weeks it has won, so there goes your ever statement. So don't give me that no Matt Lauer excuse. 8am hour for GMA is entertaining! 7am hour is serious. And GMA has beat Today in the 7am hour for years, where it is hard news.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
USATVFAN
Banned!!
Banned

We all have our opinions. I do agree, I like The Today show better and it will always be number 1 in my book. GMA is okay, GMA won last week with Tuesday + Wednesday Dancing with the stars, Wednesday Living Color Reunion and the Thursday with Laverne & Shirley reunion. Those are the Three days they won. GMa might beat Today Show a week here and there but at the moments or a least for now but I don't see them starting a streak anytime soon. Today show always wins during the Olympics and Election they always beat GMA by a pretty huge Margin during the Olympics. I can see Today show winning most of this summer and then this upcoming fall with the Election so it's not going to last long.

I do agree with what Media Life Magazine Said: http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...oday-again.asp

This seems likely for several reasons, first because they've already split the past four weeks and second because their numbers remain very close overall.

But third, the pace of viewership changes in news dayparts tends to be very slow, and it takes some time for a network to gain momentum. ABC clearly has some, but perhaps not enough to become the definitive No. 1 quite yet.

Still, the network has accomplished what it had hoped for three years ago when it revamped its morning news team following the departure of Diane Sawyer to "World News."

Most likely this is going to be a Back and Forth Ratings race between the two(TODAY and GMA) for a while. They will probably take turns being Number 1 and Number 2 for a couple months a least trough the Election, until one of them can breakthrough and Establish a Healthy/Solid Lead and Widen the Gap Open and Start a New winning streak. It's going to take GMA a while to become the permanent number 1 show and it's going to be very slow and hard to retain the viewers wee after week, especially since Today show has been number 1 for 16 years, It's not going to happen just suddenly over night, GMA still does not have enough momentum to become the definite First Place show especially in a Election year and Olympics Year which The today Show always does good. Habits are very hard to breaks, I watched Katie Couric on GMA a couple weeks ago and it's was hard to turn to GMA and wonder what was going on The today show. When The today Show began beating GMa back in 1995 they didn't just start beating them until December of that year, It's took them for a while to really get the momentum going and to retain the viewers week after week.. It's going to take GMA a while and It's May seeps.

P.S I have heard lot of peoples say that the Anchors/Hosts on GMA act like Teenagers and I do have to agree. The Today show doesn't act like Junior High Kids.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan
It just beat the Today show again last week. 2 of 3 weeks it has won, so there goes your ever statement. So don't give me that no Matt Lauer excuse. 8am hour for GMA is entertaining! 7am hour is serious. And GMA has beat Today in the 7am hour for years, where it is hard news.

Well I prefer the HOTTIES on the Today Show along with my boy Matt.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by USATVFAN
P.S I have heard lot of peoples say that the Anchors/Hosts on GMA act like Teenagers and I do have to agree. The Today show doesn't act like Junior High Kids.

That is absurd. So now George Stephanopolous is acting like a teenager? He has more hard news experience than anyone on Today or CBS This Morning. Not sure where you "heard" that teenager comment from, but strongly disagree with that. Robin Roberts is the best morning host on network television. She has charisma, charm and strong likeability. She has been on for 10 strong years as an anchor. And the addition of Josh Elliott last year is very strong. So who is the "teenager?" Not getting that comment at all. If you like Today that's fine, but saying GMA's anchor are like teenagers when you don't watch is not fair. You don't understand that GMA is now, since the fall, hard news at 7am and more entertainment at 8am, and that is why their ratings have done well. Lara Spencer doesn't join the gang until 8am and that 8am hour is very strong in the ratings and beats Today Show a lot since the fall.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan
That is absurd. So now George Stephanopolous is acting like a teenager? He has more hard news experience than anyone on Today or CBS This Morning. Not sure where you "heard" that teenager comment from, but strongly disagree with that. Robin Roberts is the best morning host on network television. She has charisma, charm and strong likeability. She has been on for 10 strong years as an anchor. And the addition of Josh Elliott last year is very strong. So who is the "teenager?" Not getting that comment at all. If you like Today that's fine, but saying GMA's anchor are like teenagers when you don't watch is not fair. You don't understand that GMA is now, since the fall, hard news at 7am and more entertainment at 8am, and that is why their ratings have done well. Lara Spencer doesn't join the gang until 8am and that 8am hour is very strong in the ratings and beats Today Show a lot since the fall.

She must be the BLONDE because she is the worst of all of them
Old 05-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?

Wait,,,,,,Pav is defending GMA? An ABC program??? I am shocked!

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 05-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage

Defending that the anchors are not like teenagers. That is absurd.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage

Ann Curry and Natalie Morales have the perfect combination....Sexy and Professional
Old 05-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

FYI: GMA has now won the last 3 of 4 weeks. And we're in sweeps, too.