Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 22, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Is Alice Next in Line for a Reboot?; CBS Gives Full Season to Three New Series
Fri-Yay: New Sitcoms - What's Working and What's Not?; Brockmire Season 3 Brings Out the Stars
ABC Picks Up Single Parents for Full Year; Netflix Gets Tia Mowry and Loretta Devine Sitcom
Showtime Comedy Gets More Stars; Netflix Orders New Comedy from Novel Writer
NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival
ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-03-2014, 01:15 AM   #1
Vahan

Exclamation My thoughts on tonight's Oscars (Some ranting)

I thought some of the choices were fairly good.

I was hoping Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine wouldn't win any of its three nominations, because of the child abuse allegations. Thankfully, it didn't win best screenplay or best supporting actress. But sadly, it did win best actress for Cate Blanchett.

Recently, I have had nothing but hatred and anger towards her for agreeing to star in a Woody Allen movie he's made since 1992. It is no different from starring in a Roman Polanski film since 1977, no matter how you slice and dice it. You are condoning child rape, as long as the movie director didn't rape any or all of your kids (Cate has three of them).

And according to Mia Farrow, her son Ronan, and daughter Dylan, Allen's victim, there is TONS of evidence to prove that Woody Allen is a proud, remorseless, and soulless child abuser. Surprised during Cate's acceptance speech, she didn't thank Woody Allen for raping Dylan. She recently gave Dylan the could shoulder by saying Its obviously been a long and painful situation for the family and I hope they find some resolution and piece.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...#ixzz2usD6KWhg

According to the sane people in this 11-page thread, Cate's lying. She has no regard for the horrifying ordeal sweet, angelic, innocent Dylan went through. Otherwise, she would not be working with Allen.

And the worst thing of all? Cate and co-star Sally Hawkins said at the Spirit Awards that they would love to work with Woody Allen again.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/cate-blan...vie-if-he-asks

My response? I need two buckets, cause I'm about to vomit even more. This is horrifying. Dylan even said that getting her voice heard took 100% of her strength to keep from being silenced (and people like Cate Blanchett and Sally Hawkins are trying their best to silence rape victims like Dylan Farrow).

With regards to the best picture choice, I wasn't completely outraged over it. But I think the only reason they picked it was because it was about African-American slavery.

That's my thoughts. Sorry for sounding so bitter and angry. There's still lots of talk about the Woody Allen episode. And there will be in the days, weeks, months, and years to come.
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:04 AM   #2
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahan
Recently, I have had nothing but hatred and anger towards her for agreeing to star in a Woody Allen movie he's made since 1992. It is no different from starring in a Roman Polanski film since 1977, no matter how you slice and dice it.You are condoning child rape, as long as the movie director didn't rape any or all of your kids (Cate has three of them).
Agreeing to star in a Woody Allen film is not condoning child rape if the man hasn't been convicted of a crime.

Quote:
And according to Mia Farrow, her son Ronan, and daughter Dylan, Allen's victim, there is TONS of evidence to prove that Woody Allen is a proud, remorseless, and soulless child abuser.
Where is this alleged tons of evidence? If there was any, even the slightest then Woody Allen would probably be behind bars right now and until this or any other evidence is presented then I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...#ixzz2usD6KWhg

According to the sane people in this 11-page thread, Cate's lying. She has no regard for the horrifying ordeal sweet, angelic, innocent Dylan went through. Otherwise, she would not be working with Allen.
How do you know they're sane? Do you know each of them personally? I read a few pages of that thread and most of the comments look like they were written by third-graders. They're people on a message board, no different than anyone here or at any other board and with opinions not facts. They have zero proof that Cate is lying which is the same for me since I can't offer any proof that she isn't. These people also don't know if Dylan is actually the sweet, angelic and innocent person they claim she is. How do they know that Mia didn't put her up to it? She could've fed this into her brain for years until the point that she actually started believing it. I'm not saying that's what happened just that it could have.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:16 AM   #3
ohmrwilson
Forum Regular

Default I guess you don't believe in America and their system of law

the bogus accusations made by a seemingly vindictive, deranged ex-lover in a fit of rage who brainwashed her child, were looked into at the time, and examined and re-examined many times over. Woody was found to be innocent of ALL charges.
Of course, persecution of Jewish people has gone back all the way, nothing new there.

Congratulations to Cate, for one of the greatest acting roles in the history of the movies.

May Woody make another 100 movies. I will go see every single one.

And Mia is such a hypocrite. Anyone can see that Ronan is the son of Frank Sinatra, he is the spitting image of Frank, and Mia has admitted to having sex with Frank long after they were not married anymore.

Too bad Woody didn't win screenplay.

Speaking of screenplay-why wasn't Steve McQueen given a writing credit?
Seems like he should have had a credit and shared the Oscar.
ohmrwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:20 AM   #4
Vahan

Charles, This article on Woody in 1976, makes me wonder:

http://archive.people.com/people/arc...004-750-41.jpg

FIVE therapy sessions per week?

But moving on from that, there were, as expected some obvious omissions from the In Memoriam segment. But the official Oscar site does mention at least some of them, though.
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Charles, This article on Woody in 1976, makes me wonder:

http://archive.people.com/people/arc...004-750-41.jpg

FIVE therapy sessions per week?
I didn't see anything in that article that even remotely suggests that Allen is a child abuser. Five days a week may have been excessive but it doesn't necessarily point to him being an abuser. Also, Dylan was born in 1985, 19 years after that was published so IMO the article is irrelevant. If he were in fact an abuser it would've likely started long before Dylan was born.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmrwilson
Anyone can see that Ronan is the son of Frank Sinatra, he is the spitting image of Frank, and Mia has admitted to having sex with Frank long after they were not married anymore.
He looks just like Frank right here.
Attached Images

Wawwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #7
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Oh come on now. You don't see Dylan's resemblance to Woody Allen?

Attached Images

Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #8
Mace Dolex

Any children out of Woody Allen's sperm would look like trolls.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:13 AM   #9
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmrwilson
the bogus accusations made by a seemingly vindictive, deranged ex-lover in a fit of rage who brainwashed her child, were looked into at the time, and examined and re-examined many times over. Woody was found to be innocent of ALL charges.
Of course, persecution of Jewish people has gone back all the way, nothing new there.

Congratulations to Cate, for one of the greatest acting roles in the history of the movies.

May Woody make another 100 movies. I will go see every single one.

And Mia is such a hypocrite. Anyone can see that Ronan is the son of Frank Sinatra, he is the spitting image of Frank, and Mia has admitted to having sex with Frank long after they were not married anymore.

Too bad Woody didn't win screenplay.

Speaking of screenplay-why wasn't Steve McQueen given a writing credit?
Seems like he should have had a credit and shared the Oscar.
Oh please to all of this. None of them have any reason to lie, and the FACT that Woody lusted after, then slept with his UNDERAGE stepdaughter is scuzzy.
spunkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:48 AM   #10
ohmrwilson
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkygirl
Oh please to all of this. None of them have any reason to lie, and the FACT that Woody lusted after, then slept with his UNDERAGE stepdaughter is scuzzy.
actually, the more mature and well adjusted son has stated Woody is innocent of all charges, and in fact the girl loved going to Woody's house until Mia started in. (meaning NOTHING happened til she was brainwashed).

And, by the way, Woody's wife is NOT his step daughter, that alone shows the facts of the case are NOT in any way known by people who claim she is.

Mia (never married to Woody, insane Woody isn't), indeed, had a reason to lie and hassle Woody. Hell hath no fury like a lover scorned, and Mia (the nutjob) was scorned.

and shame on Kristoff the Times writer for injecting his view in his op-editorial page being that he is a friend of Mia's for many years. He should know better, and the NYTimes should fire him IMHO. Kristoff should stick to politics.
ohmrwilson is offline   Reply With Quote