Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Silver Spoons Joins FamilyNet; Pretty Little Liars Concluding on Freeform in 2017
getTV September 2016 Highlights; Freeform Comedy Pilot Starts Casting
Summer 2016 Week 13 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Jim Gaffigan Show Not Returning for a Third Season; Nashville to Have Less Connie Britton
Brady Bunch, Home Improvement Back on Hallmark Channel Weekdays; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 29, 2016)
CMT Premiere Dates for Nashville, Still the King, and New Sitcom in Development; Starz Orders 4th Season of Survivor's Remorse
COZI TV Fall 2016 Has Frasier, Little House and Quincy; Martin Lawrence Gets Showtime Special
Henry Winkler and More in New NBC Comedy Event Series; Remembering Jack Riley of The Bob Newhart Show
Raymond, Roseanne Now on CMT; Bunk'd Star Gets Disney Movie
Summer 2016 Week 12 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Remembering Jack Riley and Fyvush Finkel; New Family Matters DVDs
Win The Wonder Years - Complete Series DVD Set; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 22, 2016)
Many Sitcoms Coming to Antenna TV Soon; Decades Pays Tribute to The Three Stooges
Sonny and Cher Series Coming to getTV; Celebs Coming to the Star Plates on Food Network


New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)

Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three Superstore - Season One

07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2012, 02:32 AM   #16
Yooch
Senior Member
Member
 
Yooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 07, 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,171
Default

Worst: 1974 Fiat 124 sedan: An unmitigated piece of @#$%. I hope the company's making better cars these days.

Best: Any Toyota we've ever owned. As trouble-free an existence as their could be. (I have a '07 Corolla with 107,000 miles on it and still going strong).

BMW 128i coupe 2011. Have had it about a year, not a single problem yet and hope it stays that way.
__________________
"The true meaning of America, you ask? It's in a Texas rodeo, in a policeman's badge, in the sound of laughing children, in a political rally, in a newspaper...In all these things and many more, you'll find freedom. And freedom is what America means to the world. And to me."
--Audie Leon Murphy
June 20, 1924--
May 28, 1971

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #17
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass
 
Steve M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 07, 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 26,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooch
Worst: 1974 Fiat 124 sedan: An unmitigated piece of @#$%. I hope the company's making better cars these days.


From all indications, they are, and now that Fiat's back in America, we'll find out soon enough if that's true. Renault has supposedly improved its quality since they quit the States in 1987, but they'll never come back . . . because Americans hate the French. Besides, Renault owns Nissan anyway.
__________________
My blogs:

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE:

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS CHRIS CHRISTIE - SCOTT WALKER - RICK SNYDER - JOHN KASICH - RICK SCOTT - PAUL LEPAGE

ON THE CHARGE OF IMPERSONATING AN OFFICE!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
Yooch
Senior Member
Member
 
Yooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 07, 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
From all indications, they are, and now that Fiat's back in America, we'll find out soon enough if that's true. Renault has supposedly improved its quality since they quit the States in 1987, but they'll never come back . . . because Americans hate the French. Besides, Renault owns Nissan anyway.

Yes, I'd heard about Fiat being better than they were, which is why I mentioned that. I hope so. The thing was, the car had good ergonomics and handled great. The only problem was, the workmanship and material they used was way substandard, to the paint job, door handles falling off, the window mechanism which looked like a contraption from a Rube Goldberg cartoon. But how it handled! It had a four-speed floor stick shift and it was fun to drive. Here's to Fiat getting better!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #19
robyrob
Moderator
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3
 
robyrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2003
Location: hiding under the third booth at Arnold's
Posts: 53,396
Default

worst - '91 Chevy Lumina, I've never had good luck with GM's

best - I've owned 3 Toyotas all of which were great, one was an older Corolla that I swear I never spent any money on other than doing the brakes once (never even changed the oil at all for over 3 years) and it lived for over 250,000 miles pretty much problem free.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass
 
Steve M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 07, 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 26,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooch
Yes, I'd heard about Fiat being better than they were, which is why I mentioned that. I hope so. The thing was, the car had good ergonomics and handled great. The only problem was, the workmanship and material they used was way substandard, to the paint job, door handles falling off, the window mechanism which looked like a contraption from a Rube Goldberg cartoon. But how it handled! It had a four-speed floor stick shift and it was fun to drive. Here's to Fiat getting better!!

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #21
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween
 
Fleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2002
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, California
Posts: 14,976
Send a message via AIM to Fleet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
You've been lucky with cars, I see.
Not really lucky; I just buy cars with a good reliability record ('60s Mopars and '60s/'70s Cadillacs.
__________________
The top 1% of wage earners pay 37% of all income taxes; the top 25% pay 86% of all income taxes.

A real marriage: "We are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony."
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #22
Yooch
Senior Member
Member
 
Yooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 07, 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
Not really lucky; I just buy cars with a good reliability record ('60s Mopars and '60s/'70s Cadillacs.

Speaking of Mopars, my dad had a '66 Plymouth Fury II (I mentioned it in a thread a few years ago), but it was called a 'Silver Special' which was a Fury II with a few extras. The car was phenomenally designed, very comfortable and had a 318 V-8 (not your biggest V-8) but the thing was a powerhouse--pulled a trailer back and forth across the country--mountains of Colorado and California desert in the summer. At the time it was our only family car; I took my first Driver's Test with it, and once in a while my parents let me use it on a weekend night. I loved that car. You know how roomy that car was, Tony!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #23
The Flying Dutchmans
Senior Member
Member
 
The Flying Dutchmans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 30, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,013
Default

I had a 1995 Mitsubishi that I bought with low miles back in Y2K but only after 1500 miles the tranny went out on it. I think that was my worst car
__________________
A strange red light as of a phantom ship all aglow, in the midst of which light the mast, spars and sails of a brig 200 yards distant stood out in strong relief."
The Flying Dutchman
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #24
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween
 
Fleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2002
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, California
Posts: 14,976
Send a message via AIM to Fleet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooch
Speaking of Mopars, my dad had a '66 Plymouth Fury II (I mentioned it in a thread a few years ago), but it was called a 'Silver Special' which was a Fury II with a few extras. The car was phenomenally designed, very comfortable and had a 318 V-8 (not your biggest V-8) but the thing was a powerhouse--pulled a trailer back and forth across the country--mountains of Colorado and California desert in the summer. At the time it was our only family car; I took my first Driver's Test with it, and once in a while my parents let me use it on a weekend night. I loved that car. You know how roomy that car was, Tony!
Good story, Yooch. Yes, it was common back then for car companies to build special-order cars.

I agree, the '66 Fury was well-designed and definitely very comfortable. For '66, the engine choices were:

225-slant six (145 hp) regular fuel
318-2 bbl V-8 (230 hp) regular fuel
383-2 bbl V-8 (370 hp) regular fuel
383-4 bbl V-8 (325 hp) premium fuel
440-4 bbl V-8 (365 hp) premium fuel.

My '66 Fury VIP has the 383-4 bbl engine... plenty of power. My brother's '66 Fury III with 318 had more than adequate power, too.

Yes, they sure are roomy cars...
Attached Images
   
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #25
Yooch
Senior Member
Member
 
Yooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 07, 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
Good story, Yooch. Yes, it was common back then for car companies to build special-order cars.

I agree, the '66 Fury was well-designed and definitely very comfortable. For '66, the engine choices were:

225-slant six (145 hp) regular fuel
318-2 bbl V-8 (230 hp) regular fuel
383-2 bbl V-8 (370 hp) regular fuel
383-4 bbl V-8 (325 hp) premium fuel
440-4 bbl V-8 (365 hp) premium fuel.

My '66 Fury VIP has the 383-4 bbl engine... plenty of power. My brother's '66 Fury III with 318 had more than adequate power, too.

Yes, they sure are roomy cars...

Nice pictures, Tony! I also liked the low dashboard. The incredible visibility of the windshield helped me as a short driver. I didn't feel buried behind a steering wheel, but had a good panoramic, commanding view. The power steering on that car made for unbelievably smooth handling. Thanks for posting.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.