Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Reboot Casts David and Darlene's Daughter; The CW Developing New Series Based Upon Sabrina Character
Fri-Yay: The Good Place's Season Premiere; FXX to Air All Season One Episodes of The Mick on September 23
Hulu Gets Will & Grace Fever; New Netflix Comedy Has Girl Power
Rules of Engagement Coming to Logo; Younger Season 4 Sets Series Best
Pop Picks Up 2nd Season of Hollywood Darlings; South Park Still Strong in Season 21
69th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Mom Also Heads to CMT
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 18, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
09/01 - Angie - The Complete Collection
09/05 - Just Shoot Me! - The Complete Series
09/05 - Kevin Can Wait - Season One
09/06 - Better Things - The Complete First Season
09/06 - You're the Worst - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/12 - Coach - The Complete Series
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Fourth Season
09/12 - People of Earth - The Complete First Season
09/12 - Veep - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
09/19 - Living Single - The Complete Second Season
09/19 - Modern Family - The Complete Eighth Season
09/26 - Ned and Stacey - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #106
JRA2000TL
Frequent Poster

This is one of my favorite UM cases just because it is so odd. I wish there would be some kind of update. I know one of the forum members lives not too far away from where they live. I think Mr. Wacker died years ago but his wife is still alive. I'd like to see the house where everything happened. I travel alot for work and we have an office in Wooster, OH, which is not far from the Wacker home.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #107
mhryvnak
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to mhryvnak
Drool Shot in the dark?

Here's a theory I've been throwing around. I'm not sure if this has been posted here before or not, but if so I apologize. What if the first initial attack/harassment on the Wackers was geniune, and they reported it to the police and they got media attention, etc. Maybe then either Mr or Mrs Wacker liked the amount of attention they were receiving from the incident and started planning their own faked harassments/attacks to keep receiving attention. Maybe it wasn't to keep getting attention for themselves, but to keep the story in the news/relatives attention so they would keep looking for the original attacker, so that no one would forget about the case or allow it to go cold.

I don't know, its a long shot and just a theory, but I'm just throwing it out there.

And, of course I mean no disrespect to the Wackers or anyone that they are related to, this is just an idea. I wonder if the attacks stopped after Mr. Wacker died? I really hope this is a case that is updated or at least profiled when the new Unsolved Mysteries appears on TV.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #108
wiseguy182

When I first watched the segment, the thought of the Wackers creating this whole thing didn't even enter my mind. But after subsequent viewings, the Wackers story just didn't add up.

If you were Mrs. Wacker, would you let someone in to your house months after your house was burglarized for the 3rd time in the span of a year? Would you let him in when he claims his car broke down, but there is absolutely no sight of the car? Wouldn't it make sense that he would go to the nearest house for a phone? Would you let the stranger in when you're alone and female? Would you turn his back on him like Mrs. Wacker did?
None of that makes any sense.

Also, during the span of an entire decade, all of the following are true.

1. No one ever sees the man.
2. No one ever hears the man.
3. No one recognizes the man when his composite sketch surfaces.
4. No one recognizes the car, or for that matter, even sees the car that allegeldy broke down the day he allegedly attacked Mrs. Wacker.

The odds are just overwhelming, here.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:06 PM   #109
wiseguy182

Also, isn't it a little weird that Bill Wacker never has any bones about going out and facing the intruder(s)? I mean, does he think he's going to be able to put up much of a fight against this person? And shouldn't he be concerned about his safety after what they allegedly did to Mrs. Wacker?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:25 PM   #110
mhryvnak
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to mhryvnak
Red face

There's a composite sketch of the attacker? I wasn't aware of this... Does anyone have a link to a picture of this alleged attacker? I haven't seen the segment in several years, so its possible that it was profiled on UM but that I just do not remember it.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:29 PM   #111
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Hmm, well maybe. But remember he carried a pistol outside so it wasnt like he, an elderly man would be fighting this mysterious man with his hands. Also, when Mrs. Wacker supposedly let the mysterious man in her house she probably figured it wasnt the burglar because the burglar had only broke into their house when they were not home. I also have a hard time believing that Mrs. Wacker as part of this scheme to draw attention to herself would submit to willingly having her skull fractured. But that is just my opinion.

One thing I have conidered is whether or not Bill Wacker was involved in these attacks on his wife. I suggest this because it seems Bill was always convienently gone when h is wife was attacked meaning that either Bill himself was attacking her or Bill was having someone else attack her while he was elsewhere for an alabi or an unidentified third party for no appearant reason was attacking the Wackers.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:23 AM   #112
James T
Forum Regular

Hey Wiseguy love the new Di-Biase icon, maybe I might change mine to Handsome Harley Race, anyway you pretty much echoed my thoughts that I said on this case some while back- I could see no way that if you had been terrorised in this manner for so long that you would just let a total stranger into your house and let them wander around while you have your back turned to them.

I thought it was more likely she was doing it to get at her husband, but who knows maybe they were both just looking for attention, maybe he was the mastermind, maybe he or whoever hit her did it too hard- being that age she would be pretty frail and hard to judge how hard to hit her, but yes I think somebody in their family must have been involoved as well.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:00 AM   #113
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

I just watched this segment again for the first time in a long time. . .

Just like Cindy James -- somehow the "assailant" knows when the surveillance is on and strikes right after it ends. Awfully convenient.

I think it was either real (not likely) or they were both in on it. I don't think Mr. Wacker did it alone.

I realize he has no reason to do it. But I also have elderly relatives who do weird stuff the older they get. I had a great uncle who seemed normal as can be, until he died and we went through his house. Let's just say you think you know a person, and the mind does weird stuff when you get old.

Has there ever been more info on this?
Old 02-17-2008, 02:18 AM   #114
DarkDante

^ I've always thought that Cindy James was being stalked by someone. I think someone in that segment mentioned that whomever was after her was trying to "gaslight" her and make her go insane. I believe in her case either she was being attacked by someone or she was being gaslighted by someone who eventually succeeded in their goal of making her go off the deep end and cause physical harm to herself eventually resulting in her death.

In the case of The Wackers, I just don't know what went on there. Like you mentioned Todd, you can never know what goes through someone's mind all of the time and we as an audience certainly can't use the UM segment as a basis for judging the mental state of either of the Wackers be it a positive or negative review.

I will say this if the Wackers were somehow involved in this entire incident with Dorothy being attacked, I think they all were involved in it...Bill, Dorothy and their family. The only reason I can see is publicity although there are probably other reasons we could all conjur up depending on how much mental imbalance we want to attach to this family.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #115
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
^ I've always thought that Cindy James was being stalked by someone. I think someone in that segment mentioned that whomever was after her was trying to "gaslight" her and make her go insane.

In the case of The Wackers, I just don't know what went on there. Like you mentioned Todd, you can never know what goes through someone's mind all of the time and we as an audience certainly can't use the UM segment as a basis for judging the mental state of either of the Wackers. . .

Good points, Dante.

It is tough because we see a segment and want to make our own conclusion, but in 15 minutes we rarely get "all the info." I watched a 48-Hours Mystery a few weeks back and I thought it was pretty straight forward. But even in the hour-long show, they omitted a ton of stuff which makes the case not so clear.

I can't imagine if I or my family was being stalked and no one believed us. That would be scary.

But I also know people could go "crazy" and do odd stuff. The saddest thing is that these people need help, too, and probably never get it. If you were mentally ill enough to stalk yourself, it's sad that it probably never treated for the real illness it is.

Selfishly I'd like to know what happened to Cindy James and the Wackers, but I'd really like them solved for the sake of their families who will always live with the questions.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #116
TeresaB24
Frequent Poster

When I first saw this segment many, many moons ago. I had a hard time believing that they were doing it themselves.

That said, I sort of believe someone in the family had something to with it. One can only speculate at the reason(s) behind it.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #117
LaToyaBoy
Frequent Poster

By far the most disturbing segement of UM yet. I was left baffled by who or why someone would torment these two old folks. I would like to place blame on the husband but he seemed as fearful as his wife. In the line of the Cindy James case, where I honestly feel that she knowingly hurt herself, the Wackers were a bit to old for the drama they cased. It didnt help matters that all the stuff went down late at night, and all those awful notes and such. But what really scared the bejesus out of me was when the wife was attacked...OMG! I almost went my night pants. And what was with all those times the phone numbers were changed and yet still being given out. FREAKY!

One other thing, I think someone wanted to force the oldies off their land or something of that nature, due to something that wasnt covered in the UM case.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #118
FranchiseLegend
Frequent Poster

I'm willing to bet that they knew more than they were telling. I remember watching this for the first time when I was about 9 and I knew even then that there was no way all this could just be a coincidence. Anyone know of any sort of update of this case besides that Mr. Wacker died?
Old 03-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #119
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranchiseLegend
Anyone know of any sort of update of this case besides that Mr. Wacker died?

Not really. I emailed the Sheriff's Dept. there a year or so ago asking but never got a reply.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #120
mgm711
Occasional Poster

Default wacky

I think they were either crazy or there family member's were
doing it to them .Cause when they set that "sting" up and all that stuff happened when they had 2 way radio's, hidding in trailors.. come on it's one of the family member's or the whole family is completly Wacked out...