Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #76
HyeTev
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinman
Bill Whacker had nothing to do with it. He is a victim.

Exactly. And we still do not know who assaulted Dorothy Wacker in the first place... who was the young man who came to use their phone?
Old 06-04-2007, 06:57 PM   #77
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Hey Crystaldawn, you and I agree. I liked what you had to say. To be honest as I said earlier on page 5, how could a person fake skull lacerations? I mean I just have a hard time believing Dorothy Wacker would be in on it and letting some unknown person whether it was Bill or someone else beating the crap out of her like that. I mean these were serious even life threatening injuries with the skull lacerations. Also that one time when Dorothy was hogtied, you cannot hogtie yourself. I dont know, I am with Crystaldawn on this one, I think it is just a serious of circumstances prevented the guy from being caught and it is amazing how some people just are not willing to accept that these people were victimized.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:52 PM   #78
Thiussat
Forum Regular

I guess Hollow Man really was on the loose in Ohio.
DISCLAIMER: All of my posts are opinions based strictly on my viewing of the "Unsolved Mysteries" television show and should in no way reflect or imply that I have any intimate knowledge of any of the cases presented. Everything I say is merely my opinion based on my viewing of the show.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #79
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiussat
I guess Hollow Man really was on the loose in Ohio.

You know I hear thats where he was from originally...

Last edited by crystaldawn : 06-04-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #80
ididn'tdoit
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Hey Crystaldawn, you and I agree. I liked what you had to say. To be honest as I said earlier on page 5, how could a person fake skull lacerations? I mean I just have a hard time believing Dorothy Wacker would be in on it and letting some unknown person whether it was Bill or someone else beating the crap out of her like that. I mean these were serious even life threatening injuries with the skull lacerations. Also that one time when Dorothy was hogtied, you cannot hogtie yourself. I dont know, I am with Crystaldawn on this one, I think it is just a serious of circumstances prevented the guy from being caught and it is amazing how some people just are not willing to accept that these people were victimized.

It's totally possible that Dorothy had an accident in her home, like slipped in the stairs or something like that, like Crystaldawn said (btw I hope you don't hate me for disagreeing with you ) , they are elderly people, and elderly people are more prone to injure themselves if they fall. And if she did, they could have used that as evidence to backup their story; "We're not just making this up, this guy did attack Dorothy in her home you know!". Just a thought...
Old 06-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #81
Thiussat
Forum Regular

I looked for this segment on my TiVO while ago and I must have deleted it. Can anyone tell me if any neighbors or family members of the Wackers came on the segment to back their story up?
Old 06-05-2007, 02:47 AM   #82
James T
Forum Regular

The truth is most likely nobody will ever know, it would be interesting to learn what happened in the years after the segment aired and somebody said Bill Wacker passed on- did it stop then? it may well all have been true, the most likely scenario would seem to indicate a family member being involved- how would the perpetrator know about the one blind spot when the trap was set? why did none of the neighbours see anything? many of us will be suspicious, after all if you are under siege from persons unknown why if you are an elderly woman on your own would you be willing to let a total stranger into your house without a care in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Old 06-05-2007, 02:59 AM   #83
kadrmas15

Well first Wiseguy, you couldnt be more wrong. A. ) I didnt totally dis regard everything you or anyone else that thinks an elderly couple for no apperant reason would fake such dramatic stuff to draw attention to themselves had to say.

B. You are right in that I cannot technically prove that the Wackers were victims. No need to be a smart aleck about it. I thought we were past this, I called a truce with you to be civil and apperantly you wanted to take the gloves off again so I will be more than happy to do the same. Again, you are right that I cannot prove that the Wackers were victims but since you cannot prove that they were not victims I do not think you have any more right to go about arrogantly jousting that they were faking it.

C. By the way thanks for the smart aleck comment of calling me closed minded as well. I do not think I am closed minded of course, I think anyone that really knows me can disprove that theory. It is just when I think someone has their head up their you know what, I call them out on it and am not afraid to do so. Just because I have a tendency to believe in people does not make me the bad guy.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:08 AM   #84
kadrmas15

Also, in regards to the Wackers, I think people are either unable or unwilling to take into account they are from a past generation. It used to be you could actually help a person out, let them into their house, etc without having to worry about them attacking you or taking advantage of you or stealing, etc. It wouldnt even have entered this generations minds that such a thing could happen.

I didnt totally disregard anything the opposing view had to say, it is called disagreeing with you or anyone else on this forum has the perfect right to do. Just because I dont agree with you doesnt make me this horrible, close minded person which you seem to imply that I am.

I simply was stating an opinion which you not surprisingly took out of context in a desperate attempt to debunk and discredit me. I guess from now before everything I type I will say "This is my opinion, it is not necessarily fact, just my opinion from what I have seen from a segment of Unsolved mysteries."

I will give you a nickels worth of free advice. When I see something you post, no matter how stupid or arrogant or wrong I may think it is, I certainly dont have the nerve to go out of my way to paint you as a know it all even though you seem to think you are. So do me a favor, dont do it to me okay? I was stating my mere opinion, if you dont like or agree with it, that is your perfect legal right, in the future, I will ask you to respectfully restrain yourself from replying to my posts period and I will do the same with yours. Deal?

Also again Wiseguy, you are being a wiseguy, but not reading everything I was saying. I did say earlier in this thread that I believed it to be possible that it was an inside job although I personally do not agree with that theory. But of course it is possible! It is also possible the sky is pink and Bush is a smart president and it is possible that Mel Gibson is not an alcoholic and etc. I mean come on.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:22 AM   #85
kadrmas15

Also I didnt do it, I dont hate you for disagreeing with me. You presented your side in a civil manner without being a jerk about it so I have no reason to dislike you. While I see what you are saying, that Dorothy being elderly could have fallen and that caused the injuries, I simply do not agree with that. I think regardless of whether it was an unknown person or Bill that Dorothy was physically assaulted.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:54 AM   #86
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiussat
I looked for this segment on my TiVO while ago and I must have deleted it. Can anyone tell me if any neighbors or family members of the Wackers came on the segment to back their story up?

The only one I remembered being interviewed besides Bill and Dorothy was one of their daughters. They did say that their daughters and I believe two of their son-in-laws did help in the "stakeout" so I assume that means they believed and supported them.

Well I see tempers are flaring again. This is one of those cases that seems to be heated like the Jeffrey MacDonald case. I know a lot of people don't agree with my opinions on this case and thats perfectly fine, I welcome the debate. If some of us can't discuss it without arguing though its probably best if you just don't post on the thread.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:22 AM   #87
DearBunny
Frequent Poster

It has been a long time since I have seen this segment, and I only remember seeing it once or twice, so I really can't give my opinions on it. Is there somewhere online where I could view it again? I remember it being a very interesting case, but I don't want to go stating any opinions about it until I've been able to view it again.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:35 AM   #88
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearBunny
It has been a long time since I have seen this segment, and I only remember seeing it once or twice, so I really can't give my opinions on it. Is there somewhere online where I could view it again? I remember it being a very interesting case, but I don't want to go stating any opinions about it until I've been able to view it again.

Well direct links aren't allowed to that website where you can view UM segments online so your best best would be to do a search on that website.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 AM   #89
DearBunny
Frequent Poster

Ah, I see what you mean. Thank you very much, crystaldawn.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #90
kadrmas15

Hey wiseguy, well I am not being cocky here, I am being serious, I found your response to what I said impressive, although I didnt agree with all of it. I do apologize for the name calling, that did go to far and I do apologize for that, it was wrong and immature. However I think that you mis understood me in some things.

Like when I said things like in my opinion Ladner didnt kill himself, that is what I said, I dont see what is so wrong with that. I mean I wasnt trying to offend people when I said the Wackers were victims, that is what I think they were.

Sometimes I type things wrong, if you took offense, which I dont know why you would, I am sorry for that but I never intended to cause offense to you or anyone else with that opinion. I was merely stating an opinion. But I also think that one big area where you got it wrong was alleging I started the argument or at least that you didnt start it. You clearly were starting something, because you decided to call me close minded.

Now it was wrong for me to call you various names, again I apologize for that, but I feel you also went too far in calling me close minded. I can be close minded at times in the sense that once I form an opinion I usually stick to it.

However I do consider other people's opinions, just because I dont agree with them sometimes doesnt mean I dont agree with them. I can be abrasive at times and I have an uncanny knack for being my own worst enemy.

As for the quotes you took, a lot of which were taken out of context, that is just how I talk. I tend to type how I would talk in a conversation. Like when I said cut the crap, that is what I would say if Space Invaderz and I were talking face to face, I dont see what is so bad about that.

Also Space Invaderz and I do disagree a lot but I try to be civil there, and SI and I usually get along although we disagree quite often but I have nothing personal against SI or Thissuat for that matter. I did apologize to Thissuat earlier in this thread, I did go too far in calling him a crackpot, I knew it and I apologized for it.

Now, once again I will apologize to you, I will probably re frain from posting in response to your posts in this thread in the future since it seems to be a sour subject. However I will respond to posts of yours in other threads. I do agree with you in the Jule Caylor case for instance, and I am sorry this got personal, I think we both contributed to it becoming that way, I will be more civil to you in other threads so it is more pleasant for everyone involved and I look forward to talking with you about other cases you are a smart person that brings a lot to the board.