Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Reboot Casts David and Darlene's Daughter; The CW Developing New Series Based Upon Sabrina Character
Fri-Yay: The Good Place's Season Premiere; FXX to Air All Season One Episodes of The Mick on September 23
Hulu Gets Will & Grace Fever; New Netflix Comedy Has Girl Power
Rules of Engagement Coming to Logo; Younger Season 4 Sets Series Best
Pop Picks Up 2nd Season of Hollywood Darlings; South Park Still Strong in Season 21
69th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Mom Also Heads to CMT
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 18, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
09/01 - Angie - The Complete Collection
09/05 - Just Shoot Me! - The Complete Series
09/05 - Kevin Can Wait - Season One
09/06 - Better Things - The Complete First Season
09/06 - You're the Worst - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/12 - Coach - The Complete Series
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Fourth Season
09/12 - People of Earth - The Complete First Season
09/12 - Veep - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
09/19 - Living Single - The Complete Second Season
09/19 - Modern Family - The Complete Eighth Season
09/26 - Ned and Stacey - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-26-2007, 12:41 AM   #61
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well here goes Thissuat with another of his crackpot theories. I mean if you ask him anyone ever convicted of a crime is guilty. As we can see by that theory it is bogus and frankly a bunch of crap.

Why is it so unbelievable to you that the Wackers were terrorized? I do not get this and never have why you view this as so impossible?

I do admit it is possible that either one or both of the Wackers are involved. However for a person to sustain skull fractures just for "kicks" is pretty sick and frankly unlikely for a person to go that far for an obsession just to draw attention to themselves.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:56 AM   #62
Thiussat
Forum Regular

This message really doesn't deserve a reply, but I'll bite anyway.

If you want to call me a "crackpot" or more fittingly in this case a "kook," then you must call a good number of people on this board the same. There seem to be a good number of people who have posted on this case that agree with me. Further, the police in the segment seemed, ummm, a bit skeptical of the whole story themselves.

I do admit it is "possible" that the Wackers were being terroized by an unknown assailant, it's just that I find it less likely than the scenario I present. You admitted in your post that my theory was possible. So we can mutually agree that they are both plausible. I have my opinion on which is most likely and you have yours.

If you want to attack any argument I make, attack it on its merit alone; that is, attack it point by point and please refrain from attacking me with ad hominems. Doing this just makes you look like you have some personal vendetta, and thus you lose credibility (at least with me).
DISCLAIMER: All of my posts are opinions based strictly on my viewing of the "Unsolved Mysteries" television show and should in no way reflect or imply that I have any intimate knowledge of any of the cases presented. Everything I say is merely my opinion based on my viewing of the show.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 AM   #63
kadrmas15

It isnt anything personal at all, for you to imply it is, is outrageous to say the least. However I am attacking your particular opinion and I did that on the merits or so I think. However it is not personal and I want to make that clear right now. You know what you are talking about, even if I dont agree with it and I do respect you for that.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:12 AM   #64
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Fair enough, kadr. I just didn't see any attack on my argument, I just saw you calling me a "crackpot" and suggesting that most of my opinions are "crackpot theories." Sorry if I misconstrued the meaning of your post.

Take care.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:09 AM   #65
wiseguy182

sorry again for bringing up this much talked about case, but I just thought of something else that throws just a tad more suspicion on Bill Wacker.

Notice how all of the incidents occur during the daytime, when Bill is awake? It would seem to me that if some unknown person were doing these things, they would do them at night when the risk of getting caught goes way down.
The perpretators would have the advantage of darkness, plus a head start as it would take time for the Wackers (not to mention any neighbors) to wake up.

Unless this is just the most brazen criminal ever on UM.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 AM   #66
kadrmas15

Well some of the incidents did occur at night. Dorothy was attacked once at night, Bill was home supposedly in the living room. Unless of course he was the one that attacked Dorothy.

But I dont think he did. I dont know, it is just for some reason I just dont believe Bill did that to his wife. I also cannot believe that those two were both in on it together as part of some scheme to draw attention to themselves with no monetary gain involved. I mean someone isnt going to take skull lacerations and beatings for that, especially not an elderly woman like that just for the fun of it.

With the attack during the day and the vandalism during the day it always occured when Bill wasnt home and the vandalism's occured when Dorothy and Bill were both gone. This honestly is just the most bizarre case or certainly one of the most bizarre I have ever seen and I have no idea what to think of it, there are certainly so many questions here and no answers.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #67
crystaldawn

What about the time that they stayed in the camper? I can't remember if Bill was the only one in the camper but if so his two relatives were in a car close by watching the front of the house. How could Bill have gotten past them to throw that rock on the porch when that was precisely the area they were watching? Remember we're talking about an elderly man not some young guy who could easily run away.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #68
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Crystal,

I think that this very fact that the surveillance didn't work doesn't help the Wackers, but rather makes their story sound even more unbelievable. How can a person walk through all that surveillance (at least 3 people with radios) and a security light without being seen? The house is maybe 20-30 ft. from the street and it appears well lit. I can think of three scenarios:

1. The Wacker surveillance was shoddy and all of them fell asleep or were drunk.
2. The person who did it was the superhero named "Hollow Man."
3. The Wackers made the whole scenario of surveillance up (just like they made up the rest of the story).

#3 seems to be the simplest explanation.

Stranger things have happened perhaps, but I see no reason to believe anything was going on at that house other than a con game. It has been a while since I have seen this segment, but I don't think the injuries were too severe (though it seems I remember a fracture of some sort). At any rate, Mrs. Wacker was never hurt too severely in all the times she was attacked. It wouldn't be too difficult to fake such injuries. I don't recall her ever being in an ICU or having extended stays at the hospital (though I admit a memory lapse here). There are people out there who fake injuries (or other illnesses) and this phenomenon is known to the medical community as "Munchausen Syndrome." It is a documented disorder and is not unheard of.

I have no way of knowing if she faked the injuries or not, but the evidence presented by UM leads me in that direction. Either that or someone she knew did this to her and she didn't want to incriminate them. The latter possibility is perhaps even more chilling than an unknown perpetrator.

Thanks for reviving the infamous Wacker thread, Cyrstal!

Take care.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #69
kadrmas15

How does a person fake skull lacerations? I dont think she faked her injuries at all. I mean come on Thissuat, you arent serious with that theory? I think it sounds a little absurd. I mean I could accept the theory that you think Bill was inflicting the injuries on his wife or paying someone else off to inflict the injuries. But to suggest Dorothy faked her own injuries? I mean she had skull lacerations or fractures and broken ribs I believe as well. How do you fake that?
Old 06-02-2007, 01:57 AM   #70
Thiussat
Forum Regular

wiseguy,

All apologies. I hope my knee caps will remain intact. If not, at least please refrain from having your soldiers "wack" me. (pun was intended).

Kard,

Everything I have seen leads me to believe that this was either faked or Mrs. Wacker knows the perp and is afraid of talking. Sorry, but I see nothing based on the segment that points towards anything else. No witnesses ever saw anything in all the years (even though the physical attacks took place in daylight). No fingerprints, no forensics--nothing but a story from the Wackers. Interestingly, the "family members" whom supposedly helped the Wackers pull the sluething act did not appear on camera for the segment. I wonder why?

If some unknown man was really doing this to them, then this man must have lived across the street. How else could anyone monitor that house 24/7? How could an alleged criminal know when Bill was away so that he could attack Mrs. Wacker, know when both of them were away so he could steal items only to bring them back later, know what time to knock on the window, know when to leave written messages etc.? It would be next to impossible unless someone had a vantage point where they could watch the house for most of the day. I assume no neighbors fit the description of the alleged attacker, so I find the whole scenario absurd.

Self-inflicted injury sounds insane to the sane, but it can and does happen. As I said, it is perhaps more likely that Bill (or someone else she knew) did this to her, but either way the scenario of a crazed prankster is just a fairy tale in my opinion.

If there is ever testimony put forth that a John Doe harbored an old grudge against the Wackers and this John Doe was an ex-con, then I might entertain the possibility that this John Doe was really stealthy and a great prankster with a violent streak. If there is ever a witness who comes forward and says "Hey, I saw a guy running from the Wacker's house on the day one of the attacks happened," then I might listen. I am sure the police checked out such possibilities, and, after looking at all the evidence (and they certainly know more than any of us), the police seem just as convinced that it was a hoax (or at least they gave a strong impression of that).
Old 06-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #71
Dislimb
Banned!!
Conspiracies suck!

Do we really need to go over this one yet again!?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #72
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Yes, we do need to go over it again. This is not the last time it will come up.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:13 AM   #73
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
Do we really need to go over this one yet again!?

I only kept bringing it up as I kept thinking of new ideas to mention. I really don't like repeating stuff, and I tried to avoid it as much as possible, but it is necessary in some cases like if somebody asks a question.

I consider this to be one of the all-time classic UM cases. On one hand, it's hard to believe Bill Wacker would have anything to do with this as he had been married to Dorothy for 50 years and they were living a relatively quiet existence. But on the other hand, there are a number of things that the Wackers say or do that just don't add up. Dorothy's smirk for example. Plus, I gotta wonder how an alleged perpretrator could harass them daily for 10 years and get away with it.

I do have a hard time believing that Dorothy attacked herself though. In one instance, she was tied up. Very difficult for someone that age to tie themselves up like that.

I think I may have touched upon this in a post of mine awhile back, but didn't get very far into it: I do have a problem with something Bill says at the start of the segment. He says "Why should I move, why should we move?" Goodness, they're harassed daily for 10 years, yet he says they have absolutely no reason to move? Doesn't add up, IMO.

This sketch of the supposed intruder is very plain looking, which leads me to believe it would be very difficult to find him. Nothing distinctive looking about him at all. a lot like Tom Johnson in that regard.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #74
crystaldawn

Well this is one of those cases I feel strongly about and in a million years you guys will never convince me Bill Wacker was responsible for any of it. I think sometimes people forget that we're talking about elderly people. Not to knock elderly people of course, but realize their senses (i.e. hearing, seeing) are not as keen as younger people so it would be much easier to sneak around their house leaving notes and breaking in. Elderly people are less suspicious of strangers and also tend to be more trusting than the rest of us (since the time they lived in you could be) so they're more likely to leave their house unlocked and let people in to use the phone. I think that should be a very important factor when you think about who may be responsible for these tauntings. Not to mention I really don't think Bill Wacker would have been clever enough to perpetrate all these things and not once be caught or even be in a suspicious place when it happened. Do you guys really think that Dorothy was in on it (and getting physically assaulted too as they did take her to the hospital) and do you think that Bill Wacker's wife and family would support him and participate in the segment if they had any thought in their mind that Bill was responsible? To say that Bill Wacker is guilty in my opinion goes against logic on so many levels. Once again you have to ask yourself what is the most logical reason for these happenings....someone out "for kicks" (sorry I couldn't resist that) trying to terrorize a poor elderly couple or that Bill Wacker spent decades being a loving and kind husband and then one day just decided he'd would start to terrorize and assault his wife (right after heart surgery no less) for no reason.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #75
Thinman
Frequent Poster

Bill Wacker had nothing to do with it. He is a victim.

Last edited by Thinman : 06-06-2007 at 08:47 AM.