Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Reboot Casts David and Darlene's Daughter; The CW Developing New Series Based Upon Sabrina Character
Fri-Yay: The Good Place's Season Premiere; FXX to Air All Season One Episodes of The Mick on September 23
Hulu Gets Will & Grace Fever; New Netflix Comedy Has Girl Power
Rules of Engagement Coming to Logo; Younger Season 4 Sets Series Best
Pop Picks Up 2nd Season of Hollywood Darlings; South Park Still Strong in Season 21
69th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Mom Also Heads to CMT
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 18, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
09/01 - Angie - The Complete Collection
09/05 - Just Shoot Me! - The Complete Series
09/05 - Kevin Can Wait - Season One
09/06 - Better Things - The Complete First Season
09/06 - You're the Worst - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/12 - Coach - The Complete Series
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Fourth Season
09/12 - People of Earth - The Complete First Season
09/12 - Veep - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
09/19 - Living Single - The Complete Second Season
09/19 - Modern Family - The Complete Eighth Season
09/26 - Ned and Stacey - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-20-2007, 02:50 AM   #46
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger
Last edited by Tony Ballesteros : 01-19-2007 at 43:21 PM.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:34 AM   #47
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci

I was hoping you could explain it to me
Old 01-21-2007, 05:23 AM   #48
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well this case I just dont know. The more times I watch it the more I dont know what the heck was going on. I mean I have a hard time believing both of them were in on it mainly because why would a woman Dorothy's age subject herself to such violent injuries just to draw attention to herself? I dont want to believe Bill had anything to do with it however I do acknowledge it is possible that he was doing the injuries to her or even just as bad is that he could have been contracting the job out and paying someone else to do this to her and call their house and bang on the sides and stuff. However I sthill think what was probably the case was someone was tormenting them although the motive behind it is unknown to me unless the guy was just doing it for kicks as Bill had suggested. Bill Wacker died in 1999 but I do believe Dorothy is still alive.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:31 AM   #49
wiseguy182

I think I might have touched upon this previously, and I don't want to seem unsympathetic, I have a lot of sympathy for the Wackers (unless they staged this whole thing), but did anyone else think they didn't respond enough? I mean, a solid decade of incidents (2 attacks on Dorothy, 3 burglaries, and who knows how many threatening notes and phone calls). Bill only reports one of the burglaries, has only one surveillance, and installs that security light, which I knew wouldn't work as soon as he mentioned it, and sure enough. They refused to move, didn't report the first two burglaries, it must not have occured to them to get an answering machine so they could screen the calls, or put a video camera somewhere out in the front yard so maybe they can figure out who's doing this, and they stopped the surveillances just as they were getting close. All of these things combined lead me to say that I will go on record right now and say this is the most baffling mystery on UM that I have seen. Is it just me?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:01 AM   #50
kadrmas15

Well while it is unusual that he didnt call the sheriff until the 3rd time, how big were the previous burglaries? Were they ran sackings as well? Or was just an item or two taken? If it was another ran sacking than that is unusual that they wouldnt call the cops after the first one. Yes they didnt install a video camera or things like that but some of those robberies occurred in the 1980's and video camera's were still not common place in a lot of places in this country. Plus the Wacker's were from an older more trusting of people generation. Maybe they thought if they didnt report the burglary the problem would go away? Maybe they thought it would get worse if they called the cops? That is still weird that they didnt call the cops but there are possible reasons why they didnt. It is also possible Bill was paying someone to do this to his own wife and to his own home to give the impression it was a burglary. The part of a gun being returned after it was stolen, very, very unusual indeed as the sheriff said he had never had a gun returned to a victim after it was stolen. If you notice a lot of these attacks occurred when Bill was not home. So it is possible that he was indeed paying someone to do this on his wife. Although I do not really understand what his motive would be for doing that. That is why I wont say he did that or was involved because I cannot for the life of me understand what someone's motive would be to do that after being married so long. These attacks were escalating in violence though it seemed so I dont know what to think here. Very strange indeed.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #51
James T
Forum Regular

Well if it did all stop when he passed on it either means he was the one doing most of it in partnership with other people or the malice was directed towards him and the best way to get to him was by attacking his wife and once he died it was mission accomplished or the theory I am leaning towards that she was in on it with somebody else for whatever reason- the main reason I say that is if you watch the segment when he is ranting on she starts smirking which is pretty odd behaviour if you have been assaulted by unknown assailants twice and he certainly seemed to be the one who was getting more worked up about it, perhaps she wanted a divorce or to move to another house as if I remember it correctly the threat was to move away and she thought that would be the best way to achieve it and once he had passed on there was no need for it to continue any longer, great segment and story though whatever really happened there
Old 01-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #52
kadrmas15

You know, I am still torn on this one. I would probably be more inclined to believe that the Wackers either one of them or both of them staged the whole thing. However the injuries to Dorothy were pretty severe and I have a hard time believing someone would put themselves through skull fractures just to stage some incident to get a new house or to get a divorce or to draw attention to themselves. I mean that isnt saying they couldnt have staged it but I have a hard time believing that Dorothy would put herself through all that on purpose.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:36 AM   #53
wiseguy182

Anyone think that somebody could have come up through a tunnel, a la the tunnel burglars segment? That's the only way I can think of that somebody could have eluded capture for so long, assuming Bill Wacker is innocent. I think this case baffles me more than any other.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:38 AM   #54
mastamatt
Frequent Poster

One of my favorite cases....very glad I have this one on tape. I was quite surprised that they never caught the guy responsible. And as for the husband did it theory, do you really think he would knock out his own wife, especially at that age. And it wouldn't make sense that all of them made it up for ****s and giggles, especially at their ages.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:21 AM   #55
Chris Billings
Frequent Poster

Wacker, Wacker, Wacker, Wacker.....I just like saying it.

Christopher
Old 04-19-2007, 09:13 AM   #56
James T
Forum Regular

It is possible he would, maybe they liked the attention the media afforded them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastamatt
One of my favorite cases....very glad I have this one on tape. I was quite surprised that they never caught the guy responsible. And as for the husband did it theory, do you really think he would knock out his own wife, especially at that age. And it wouldn't make sense that all of them made it up for ****s and giggles, especially at their ages.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:22 AM   #57
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastamatt

I COMPLETELY agree with you. Bill Wacker seemed genuinely devoted to his wife from what I saw and I certainly can't see him assaulting and terrorizing her just for a little bit of attention.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #58
ididn'tdoit
Forum Regular

I basically agree with all of you who think they were BOTH in on it for the attention.

Apart from mrs Wacker's now famous grin, there were things said like "the suspect never surfaced" and the detective said something like "none of the neighbors were able to tell us anything that would even make us believe there was somebody there".

Maybe I'm wrong, but my gut feeling tells me the Wackers just fabricated the whole thing, maybe to "get their kicks".
Old 04-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #59
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Cases like this are all in the minute details. If you noticed, after Bill installed his security light, he receives a note that says "your lights are a laugh." I don't know about you, but for someone to use the word "laugh" as a noun indicates that that person is of an advanced age, certainly too old to be someone in their 20's or 30's. I am 28 and I NEVER hear anyone but people 60+ use the phrase "that is a laugh." I am quite sure that young people in 1985 did not use that phrase either. Since crimes like this are almost always committed by young adult males, and since that note does not fit the vernacular profile of such a person, I think it is a good possibility that Wacker himself wrote that note.

Factor that in with the smirking of his wife during the segment and with the fact that even though he and several family members were staking out the house -- and still did not see the supposed perp -- I think you have a good case for an inside job here. What are the chances that this supposed criminal would happen to hit on the very night they were staking the house out? Further, what are the chances that none of the 3 or 4 people watching the house from all angles would not see a knock on the front window? Either they were blind or the whole thing is a hoax. I vote for the latter.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #60
Babydollz24
Frequent Poster

Wink

I wonder where in Stark county this takes place. I live in stark county and have lived here since i was 7 ( I was young when this case happened). I currently reside in Canton of Stark County, but I think someone might have mentioned a while back that this may have been in the Massilon Area, which is also in Stark. I should ask my parents and see if they remember seeing this story in the Repository ( our Local newspaper). This is the first case that i know on Unsolved Mysteries that is this close to home.