Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-10-2006, 11:26 PM   #16
magellan333
Forum Regular

I think this is a story of a lonely old couple who wanted some attention. Instead of volunteering their time to a worthwhile cause, they decided to "be the victims" of some horrible person. I think they were both in on it and loved every bit of attention they got.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #17
Beetlejuice69
Frequent Poster
Man With The Plan

Good to see this thread up and running again.

Anyhoo, I still can't get over the clever escape the stalker made when all the family members were watching the house, knocking on the door and fleeing without being seen. Maybe it was Sam Fisher from "Splinter Cell". He's known to lurk in the shadows and move undetected.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:38 PM   #18
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

This case was on today. This is one of the more bizarre cases I have seen on UM. This seemingly lovely elderly couple is assaulted, harassed and tormented for over ten years by an unknown person. Looking in the re-enactment at how they staked out their own house there was a blind spot there. It wasnt a big one but I can see how the guy could get in there and get out without being seen. I did consider that Bill Wacker was some how involved. Either he did it himself or he hired someone to do it. But what would his motive be? I think this is why he was eliminated as a suspect. They couldnt find a motive for him to do it. It is curious how no neighbors or anyone else saw anything. I do think it is likely the Wackers knew this guy or knew someone that knew the guy. Whomever it was sounds like they have some mental issues, but they arent stupid. They got away with it for so long. But whoever it was would steal stuff and then return it. That is what is strange. The notes in crayon. Why would the Wackers be targeted? That is what I cant figure out. Bill Wacker died in 1999 but apperantly Dorothy is still alive.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #19
Mr. Fuji
Frequent Poster

I'm so excited this case was on today! I've waited my whole life to see this segment and finally I get the chance to! I have it recorded on my VCR and I will watch it later tonight. This is great news!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:12 PM   #20
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fuji
I'm so excited this case was on today! I've waited my whole life to see this segment and finally I get the chance to! I have it recorded on my VCR and I will watch it later tonight. This is great news!

I'm glad you'll finally get to see it Mr. Fuji.

You know a good portion of posters (like I) feel that Bill and Dorothy Wacker were both victims and a few have indicated they think Bill Wacker is guilty. A plausible scenario in my opinion is that the harasser could have been one of their neighbors. Of course its not known what type of motive they would have had but that makes as much sense as anything else. That would explain why the perpetrator would be able to sneak in and out in a blind spot as he would be very familiar with the area and probably knew ahead the night the Wacker's and their family were sitting in the driveway. That would also explain why none of the neighbors reported seeing anyone suspicious in the area, no one would have thought twice about seeing a neighbor walking near the Wacker home.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:26 PM   #21
kadrmas15

Well I just dont think Bill Wacker did this nor had anything to do with this. What I think is an interesting possiblity is this. You know how when the assaults on Dorothy always happened when Bill wasnt around? I think the person that did this knew Bill wasnt going to be around and attacked Dorothy at these times to make it look like Bill did it or to make it look curious that they happened when Bill wasnt there. I think it was someone that the Wackers knew but didnt suspect. It seemed in hearing the Wackers talk that they didnt suspect it was someone they knew. I think that was a good point on crystaldawns part that it very well could be a neighbor. Why this neighbor would have such a deep seeded hatred of the Wackers I have no idea.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #22
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

What I find so odd about this case is whoever was doing this was able to torment this couple for 10 years & noone ever saw a thing. That just seems really fishy to me.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:57 PM   #23
Mr. Fuji
Frequent Poster

I can honestly say I'm torn on this. I'm a little inclined to agree with AKook (I finally got the joke about that name) who is sure that Bill is guilty. But the question of motive keeps coming up and I just can't find a motive for Bill to do it. It just seems so implausible that someone else could do all of that stuff without ever getting caught, plus the fact that he returned all of that stuff. That seems like a likely story; possibly Bill waited a while and realized he wanted the stuff back so he invented some story about finding it on his porch.

Here's another one of my theories: Unsolved Mysteries made the whole damn thing up as a ratings ploy. Maybe this case is just too darn weird to actually be true.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:23 PM   #24
greatgarrett2
Forum Regular

This campares to the Cindy James case. If it was just some Kook, then the suspect, whoever it was, would have had to be pretty 'good' at what they were doing, not to be found out. Likewise the Cindy James case. I don't believe Bill Wacker could've been staging it. Why start after being married forty-some years and living together all that time? Like Bill Wacker said, "What it comes down to is that he gets his kicks out of this. A Kook."

RIP Bill

"If we don't know something, then our model of reality is inadequate"

Start making money today:

http://tasks4job.com/?refer=55797

http://www.amazon.com/Garrett-Campbe...8662355&sr=8-5

Plus, follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/greatgarrett2
Old 06-15-2006, 07:45 AM   #25
Rosaecrucian
Occasional Poster
Overseer

The Wacker story came on Lifetime again yesterday (or maybe the day before, it is on my TIVO). This case is quite simple.

When Bill Wacker was sitting at the table being interviewed on the segment, his wife was sitting quietly beside him. When Bill said something to the effect of "why should we be scared or move away from here" I noticed his wife was smirking, very subtly, but noticeably if you watch it back. Of course, she could be smirking at his histrionic behavior and his laughable (no pun intended) usage of the now infamous word "kook," but I took it more as a smug smirk, like "hey we are fooling all of you imbeciles and having a hoot doing it." As a result of this and the fact that no one has ever been caught, seen, heard, smelled, sensed via ESP or remote viewing, I feel that the only alternative is that Bill AND Dorothy are in this as a publicity stunt. This would explain the fact no one has ever been seen, it would explain the skepticism of the neighbors, and it would explain why supposedly "stolen" items were returned. Returned items are very convenient if they were not stolen in the first place.

As for those who think Bill was in on it solo, this seems doubtful since it would imply that his wife really was attacked, tied up, beaten etc... Why would she stay complacent in this when she knows obviously who the culprit is?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:26 AM   #26
hovaslash
Frequent Poster

...and to think it all started from letting a stranger inside to use the telephone...let that be a lesson to everyone. the whole thing kinda reeks of a hoax. either by the Wackers themselves-or at the very least the producers
of UM used a little creative license to concoct a story that may be
only partially based on real events. I just dont think the Wackers got the police involved enough.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:04 AM   #27
kadrmas15

Well this case is truly bizarre as I said. Ohio seems to be a place where a lot of strange and scary things happen. Similar to Washington state in that regard. I dont know what it is. I dont think the Wackers made this up. I mean you guys base that they made up based on the fact that Dorothy smirked a little during the statement. The police and paramedics were called. Remember it said Dorothy was put in the hospital with skull lacerations. Clearly someone assaulted her unless you are suggesting she assaulted herself. Basically, I dont understand why at their ages, they looked like they were in their late 60's, early 70's at least. Why would they all of a sudden have this sudden need for publicity? Why after almost 50 years of marriage would Bill just decide to start attacking his wife? It doesnt add up that they would just start doing this one day.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:12 AM   #28
kadrmas15

The man who was the sheriff of Stark County at the time of the Wacker segment on UM, Bruce Umpleby died in office in August of 1999. If you want to contact the sheriff or the sheriff's office for more information. The Sheriff currently is Timothy Swanson and he served on the sheriff's department during the whole time the Wacker thing was going on. Here is a site with more info on him it even surprisingly has his home address.

http://www.starkdemocrats.com/bio.ph...thy+A.+Swanson
Old 06-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #29
GoldenGirlsFan92

Question

I just cant see the husband doing that to his wife. I mean why would he do that.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:44 PM   #30
ouphe
Frequent Poster
Purveyor of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosaecrucian
The Wacker story came on Lifetime again yesterday (or maybe the day before, it is on my TIVO). This case is quite simple.

When Bill Wacker was sitting at the table being interviewed on the segment, his wife was sitting quietly beside him. When Bill said something to the effect of "why should we be scared or move away from here" I noticed his wife was smirking, very subtly, but noticeably if you watch it back. Of course, she could be smirking at his histrionic behavior and his laughable (no pun intended) usage of the now infamous word "kook," but I took it more as a smug smirk, like "hey we are fooling all of you imbeciles and having a hoot doing it." As a result of this and the fact that no one has ever been caught, seen, heard, smelled, sensed via ESP or remote viewing, I feel that the only alternative is that Bill AND Dorothy are in this as a publicity stunt. This would explain the fact no one has ever been seen, it would explain the skepticism of the neighbors, and it would explain why supposedly "stolen" items were returned. Returned items are very convenient if they were not stolen in the first place.

As for those who think Bill was in on it solo, this seems doubtful since it would imply that his wife really was attacked, tied up, beaten etc... Why would she stay complacent in this when she knows obviously who the culprit is?
Excellent observations. I too noticed Dorothy's little smirk when I watched it yesterday. Also, the cop mentioning that he has never seen a case where a gun was returned to the scene of the crime. That simply never happens.

I live only a few blocks from the Wackers, and if you had a chance to see that neighborhood, you'd see how difficult it would be for strangers to just waltz in and terrorize people with impunity.

I'm more convinced than ever it was an inside job.

Last edited by ouphe : 06-15-2006 at 05:38 PM.