Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Fall Pilot Reviews: Young Sheldon and Me, Myself & I, Both Premiere Tonight (Sep. 25)
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 25, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Reboot Casts David and Darlene's Daughter; The CW Developing New Series Based Upon Sabrina Character
Fri-Yay: The Good Place's Season Premiere; FXX to Air All Season One Episodes of The Mick on September 23
Hulu Gets Will & Grace Fever; New Netflix Comedy Has Girl Power
Rules of Engagement Coming to Logo; Younger Season 4 Sets Series Best
Pop Picks Up 2nd Season of Hollywood Darlings; South Park Still Strong in Season 21

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
09/01 - Angie - The Complete Collection
09/05 - Just Shoot Me! - The Complete Series
09/05 - Kevin Can Wait - Season One
09/06 - Better Things - The Complete First Season
09/06 - You're the Worst - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/12 - Coach - The Complete Series
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Fourth Season
09/12 - People of Earth - The Complete First Season
09/12 - Veep - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
09/19 - Living Single - The Complete Second Season
09/19 - Modern Family - The Complete Eighth Season
09/26 - Ned and Stacey - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-27-2008, 04:44 PM   #151
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Don't think the injections would have actually taken effect right away...I belive authorities said it would have taken 15 minutes for the dosage found in her to kick in, and they had people recreate her ties and they could do it in a matter of three minutes.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:38 AM   #152
wiseguy182

I'm having a hard time believing the 'being driven off their property' angle. This appeared to be an ordinary house in an ordinary neighborhood, nothing overly fancy.

I also find it odd that Dorothy lets the man in, who claims to have "car trouble", but there is no car in sight. Why wouldn't the man go to the house nearest where his car broke down, even assuming he had a car?

Also of note: despite the vast amounts of crime allegedly being committed, the neighbors never seem too concerned. If there were home invasions, robberies and assaults occuring en masse on the street I lived on, I would hightail out of there, but that doesn't appear to be the case here.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:36 PM   #153
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Good point about that...yeah the house is nothing special nor is it sitting on a potentially high priced piece of land, so the theory about driving them away to gain the property doesn't seem plausible. Unfortuneatly we don't know all of the details surrounding the case, we're only going on the UM segment. And as evidenced in the Frank Casteel case, and numerous others it seems like at times they leave crucial pieces of evidence out for fear of being sued for libel by potential suspects. So we may have some neighbors who say they heard some thing or seen someone, but it just wasn't used on UM.

I just can't come up with a reason as to why Dorothy and Bill would make this whole story up...there's no obvious finnancial gain to be attained, so why even bother wasting everyones time?
Old 12-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #154
Mastermind

I just thought of an off the cuff theory..

What if the Whackers was a case of a mistaken identity?

Perhaps the person or persons terrorizing them, where terrorizing the wrong people?

I know this sounds crazy but the idea came to me when watching the Mary Morris Murders.

Perhaps the previous tenants of the house were the intended victims.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #155
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

To me that would seem more logical than if they were making it up and doing it themselves.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #156
marlins3
Forum Regular

This is on one of the UM comps (vol. 2 ) My disc has started to skip . I have tried cleaning it several times. Would anyone be willing to provide me with another copy of volume 2?
Old 12-08-2008, 03:19 AM   #157
wiseguy182

Here's what I don't get:

It would seem that it would have to be someone in the neighborhood. Not only does Bill say "we'd never hear a car.", but also the neighbors say that they haven't heard or seen any cars, and also don't report any cars that seemed out of the ordinary for the neighborhood. If this was someone outside of the neighborhood, they would have to park their car somewhere, yet nobody sees or hears a car. Unless they are on foot, but that would indidcate someone that lives nearby, but maybe not on that street. Plus, you'd have to figure that the person responsible lives close enough to the home due to the frequency of harassment, as it is unlikely that he would do extensive traveling to keep going back and forth from his home and the Wacker's home.

but yet, the Wackers say that they belive that whoever is responbile for Dorothy's 1985 attack is responisble for all of their harassment.

Yet, how could that be? If it someone local, as I stated above that I believe it was, how is this person not recognized due to the composite? If it's a local person, someone in the area would have to recognize him, yet nobody does. So now this would indicate someone that doesn't live in the area.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:24 AM   #158
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Unless it's someone who comes and goes and perhaps someone in the area is covering for them.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #159
mphs95
Forum Regular
Remember me?

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
I just thought of an off the cuff theory..

What if the Whackers was a case of a mistaken identity?

Perhaps the person or persons terrorizing them, where terrorizing the wrong people?

I know this sounds crazy but the idea came to me when watching the Mary Morris Murders.

Perhaps the previous tenants of the house were the intended victims.

Not a bad theory. I hope this case gets solved someday.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #160
Mastermind

I apologize for my ignorance on this case.

But is it known who owned the house previously before the Wackers?

Was there anything strange about these previous owners? Were they looked into?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:52 AM   #161
wiseguy182

I know some have a hard time believing that Bill might be in on this, but look at what happened with the Joe Owens case. He almost certainly murdered his wife, and I think they had been together for about as long as the Wackers had. Hard to imagine, but it has happened.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #162
Mastermind

Quote:
I know some have a hard time believing that Bill might be in on this, but look at what happened with the Joe Owens case. He almost certainly murdered his wife, and I think they had been together for about as long as the Wackers had. Hard to imagine, but it has happened.

I would feel alot better about that theory if there was some sign or evidence of a strained relationship between Bill and his wife. But apparently it looks like they had no friction between them.

No signs of infidelity, arguments, abuse or anything.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #163
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I highly doubt Bill Wacker would give his wife skull lacerations and have her rushed to the hospital just to drum up some publicity. Dorothy says there's an unknown caller that keeps calling, and the bumps on the side of the house while both of them were home. I just find it almost impossible for Bill to be involved in this. He certainly seemed to come off as honest when I watched the segment recently to refresh my memory. Also, if Bill were involved, why would he have the person doing this steal things from his house just to bring them back? Why have the intruder steal anything at all, if he's just going to bring it back? Why not just have the guy ramsack the place, and make it look like a robbery attempt? It just doesn't make any sense.

P.S. There's the notes too that seem to be written by someone who's really intent on getting the Wackers out of their house for whatever reason. One of the notes said something along the lines of how the assailant warned them before to get away and then insults their lights. I just don't think Bill Wacker is that sly to write the notes himself and have no fingerprints or any evidence on little scraps of paper.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #164
Mastermind

Watched the case again. The more and more i look at this case, i'm starting to lean toward the idea that someone had an interest in the land or house and was trying to get them to move.

It's the only theory that makes sense.

1. It woud really cost nothing to hire some local thugs to start a harassmen campaign for that long. If the land or home is valuable enough, someone would go through the trouble of paying off these people.

2. I think the biggest piece of evidence is that nothing really damaging was done to the house and there was no real attempt to kill the Wackers.

I really wonder if someone saw the house or land and knew the Wackers would never move, and they figured they could force them to move, while this buyer purchases the land or home via a third party.

Organized crime has done this before where they hire local roughs, drug dealers or gangsters to scare residents into moving out of apartments or low cost neighborhodds. Why not do the same thing in more upscale neighborhood.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #165
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

They just showed this one again today.

I'm at a complete loss as to what in the world could have been going on. I think UM left out way too much info.

One motive that comes to my mind has been mentioned here: the disgruntled neighbor. It could be something as simple as retired Mr. Wacker mowing his lawn at 7am on saturday mornings, the only day the employed (and now disgrunted neighbor) gets to sleep in. Crazy neighbors feud and even hold secret grudges over things that ordinary people would think could be solved with a polite conversation.

Stealing items from the home and then returning them here and there would definitely be one way to mess with their heads. Plus the prank phone calls and crayon notes. And then the ran sackings and physical assaults.

Another idea that came to mind was what if the Wackers were trying to become (very clumsy and inept) insurance fraud criminals? Were they retired and living on a small pension and social security? Maybe they were practicing at becoming scammers with the first break ins that they didn't report to the police.

Then they stole their belongings and tried to figure out if they could file an insurance claim (I remember a gun and an antique watch, I forgot the rest of the items) to get some cash? Maybe they found out that their deductible was more than the items were worth and they wouldn't have gotten an insurance payout, so the items mysteriously returned?

In the meantime, they kept up the creepy crayon notes and prank phone call stories while trying to come up with new fraud ideas?

Just throwing that out there fwiw...