Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-23-2008, 12:18 AM   #136
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I'm sure law enforcement would have known about a large life insurance policy and they most likely would have stated that on the UM segment. Sure this case is probably the most bizarre to ever air on UM, and I'm pretty sure it's going to remain unsolved forever. It is fun to speculate about what happened and who was responsible.

Didn't Dorothy give a composite of the man who attacked her when he claimed his car was broke down? And didn't the man leave a cryptic message both times after he attacked her? I haven't seen the segment in a couple of years so my memory is a little fuzzy.

Not necessarily, as Bill was quite reluctant to involve the police throughout the years. Don't forget the possibility of a botched police job, as well. I could definitely see a couple of detectives with preconceived notions about a "nice old couple that just keeps getting victimized" slanting an investigation, especially in a place like rural Ohio.

Mrs. Wacker did indeed give a composite of her assailant, and there were multiple notes at the Wacker home on different occasions. I believe this may have been Bill's "hired help."

Go Vols!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:22 AM   #137
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

You see there is another interesting theory that would make sense if Bill Wacker indeed was involved. That would be that Dorothy was in fact attacked by an unseen and unknown assailant on her first attack, and then Bill decided to capitalize on that and make it seem like it was that person doing it over and over when it was really Bill all along. While I still find that hard to believe, if Bill was involved that theory would make the most sense to me.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:51 AM   #138
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

First of all, I've been browsing around the board today and noticed that you seem to pop up and like to cry fowl anytime someone has a differing opinion other than yours. I've been here a day, while you've been here for quite sometime and you seem like you want to pick fights and you get offended with anyone with a opposing viewpoint. I have every right to say what I think is absurd. Like the fact that you have the single handed most creepy interviewee ever on a UM broadcast (Bobby Bean) as your avitar is absurd. How's that for a debut?

But I agree with you in the fact that I doubt it was someone who was an unknown assailant...I think it was someone the Wackers knew. And when I said Dorothy was attacked twice, I didn't try to minimalize her attack, I only tried to show that they were taking place over a ten year span so the Wackers were probably naiive into thinking that the attacks were over. I ask you this, what gain did Bill Wacker get out of harassing his wife for ten years? I think the fact that he didn't want to call police just was his way of being hard-headed and thinking just like he said, the guy was a "kook" and he thought it would be a one time attack, which turned into two more and then he called the police. He also said he thought it was someone who was trying to force them to move (a good motive, a disgruntled neighbor perhaps) and that's why he stated he had no intentions of moving. I can see why someone would do put up that "protector of his house" attitude and want to stay on his land and not let anyone push him away from it. Can you give any logical reason as to why Bill Wacker would have been involved in staging this whole thing? Pray tell.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:24 AM   #139
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Like the fact that you have the single handed most creepy interviewee ever on a UM broadcast (Bobby Bean) as your avitar is absurd. How's that for a debut?

Ohhhh man...you have no idea what you just did!
Old 11-23-2008, 02:27 AM   #140
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Agreed. I just think it's more plausible that someone who had a motive to get them to leave by scaring the life out of them other than Bill Wacker trying to get rid of his wife by terrorizing her for a decade. Just doesn't add up.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:14 AM   #141
Dislimb
Banned!!
Conspiracies suck!

Old 11-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #142
crystaldawn

Lets just stick to the case and not waste time criticizing each other's opinions. This case has been debated many times on this board. I for one think that Bill & Dorothy Wacker were being stalked and harassed by an unknown person but I know there are a lot of people who don't agree. With this case I doubt anyone's opinion is going to be changed after reading a few posts so its just a matter of agreeing to disagree and move on.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #143
JRA2000TL
Frequent Poster

Doesn't someone on this forum live near the house? I know Bill passed away awhile back but I think Dorothy is still around, though she's very old now. As much as we should probably respect people's privacy, I'm sure someone in the area can get access to her number or address somehow and just call her or pay her a visit and tell her that you've followed the case for years and would like to see if there were any updates. Worst you could do is make her mad and she hangs up. I believe a former poster stated that he/she lived near the neighborhood and even commented that there wasn't much space in the area for someone to hide if they were pulling stunts at the house.

Edit: I pulled up some info and, of course, her phone number is unlisted; however, her address is not. If she is Dorothy J. Wacker of Massillon, she lives at 10271 Wooster St, Massillon, OH. I tried to link in the satellite image on Google maps but it didn't work. Check it out. The house is in a pretty wide open area.

Can anyone follow up on this?
Old 11-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #144
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA2000TL
Doesn't someone on this forum live near the house? I know Bill passed away awhile back but I think Dorothy is still around, though she's very old now. As much as we should probably respect people's privacy, I'm sure someone in the area can get access to her number or address somehow and just call her or pay her a visit and tell her that you've followed the case for years and would like to see if there were any updates. Worst you could do is make her mad and she hangs up. I believe a former poster stated that he/she lived near the neighborhood and even commented that there wasn't much space in the area for someone to hide if they were pulling stunts at the house.

Edit: I pulled up some info and, of course, her phone number is unlisted; however, her address is not. If she is Dorothy J. Wacker of Massillon, she lives at 10271 Wooster St, Massillon, OH. I tried to link in the satellite image on Google maps but it didn't work. Check it out. The house is in a pretty wide open area.

The worst thing she could do is get mad and hang up? My God. The fact that you would write something like that says a lot. Try thinking of someone else's interests for a change.

Considering the nature of this case, I really think trying to contact Mrs. Wacker would be tacky and way out of line. Did it occur to anyone else that she has probably put this ugliness behind her and may no longer wish to be "harassed" further?
Old 11-25-2008, 04:58 PM   #145
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA2000TL

Here is an old thread where a few people who lived fairly close commented:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=159290

I can certainly understand your curiousity JRA. I've spent a lot of time over the years wondering whatever became of the stalking but I think it would be a bad idea for anyone to contact Dorothy directly. Its hard for us to know how she would take it but the fact she is very elderly would make me not want to risk it in case it would upset her. Too bad there isn't a way someone who could talk to a relative in the family and find out more about what, if anything, ever came of the case. Just my opinion...
Old 11-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #146
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Yeah it wouldn't be wise to contact her directly, but maybe a realtive or neighbor...I suppose that wouldn't be so bad...I'm always curious to see if there have been any incidents since Bill has passed away. If so, I'm pretty sure that proves he had nothing to do with the attacks.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #147
JRA2000TL
Frequent Poster

Well no I suppose it's not a good idea then. I just figured there had to be someone in the area that may be able to approach her easier and with good intentions. Lots of bad things happen to people in life and no, she may not want to talk about it, but then again it may not bother her. Some people talk about their Vietnam stories and some don't. It just depends on the person. She sure didn't look like the scared old lady in her interview though. I don't mean any disrespect to her, but I am curious to see if she'd even talk about it again. I know one of the members of the forum is the mother or relative in the Lil' Miss case, and she's grateful for all the supporters on here and doesn't mind talking about it.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #148
Mastermind

As similar as this case is to Cindy James and Blair Adams,

I find it interesting that unlike those two cases, the Wackers never wound up dead or killed at the end. (at least not at the time these activities were occuring). It seems like the period of terror just ended.

This would kind of point to the idea that it was all a hoax or that their tormentors were more interested in terrorism than an actual crime for profit.

Question...have there ever been a case like Cindy James or the Wackers where a person has been terrorized over a 3-5 year period and actual suspects were found as well as a motive?

I guess what i'm trying to say is HOW UNIQUE IS THE WACKER CASE?
Old 11-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #149
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

In my opinion is definitely the most bizarre segment ever aired on Unsolved Mysteries. First either the Wackers are complete nutjobs themselves and are making the whole thing up (for nothing more than publicity I would gather), or there is some unknown nutjob out there who got his rocks off messing with an elderly couple for no apparent reason.

I still think the Cindy James case was nothing more than a schizophrenic who was really lost in her own mind. For there to be no suspects whatsoever in her case and the fact that she was evaluated by a psychiatrist and placed in medical care says it all. The woman certainly wasn't playing with a full deck and I think she killed herself and staged the whole thing.

Her sister has a website up and she has what she claims is an actual clip of a threatening phone call made to her where the voice says, "Cindy...dead...meat...soon...", and it's quite obvious that it's a woman saying it...it was probably Cindy James herself.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #150
UMfan77

Quote:
...I still think the Cindy James case was nothing more than a schizophrenic who was really lost in her own mind. For there to be no suspects whatsoever in her case and the fact that she was evaluated by a psychiatrist and placed in medical care says it all. The woman certainly wasn't playing with a full deck and I think she killed herself and staged the whole thing...

I don't know about that, I think she was murdered. First of all, how could she have hog-tied herself and then give herself injections.