Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: An Early Look at What's Coming and Going for Next Season; Trial & Error Gets New Murderer for Second Season
Fri-Yay: What Show Could Use a Revival?; Trial & Error Adds Kristin Chenoweth for Season 2
NBC Picks Up 4th Season of Comedy; WE tv Acquires Madam Secretary
MeTV Network Makes Spring Change; Freeform Orders Pilot from Paul Feig
Antenna TV Adds More Alice in April; Andi Mack Gets 3rd Season on Disney
Decades Acquires Newhart Starting March 2018; Santa Clarita Diet Brings Out More Stars for Season 2
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix's Disjointed to End After One Season; Will & Grace Revival Coming to DVD
Fri-Yay: Is the Era of the "Sadcom" Over?; TBS Lands Pilot from Emmy Winner
The CW to Expand to 6 Nights; Netflix Gets 5th Season of Grace and Frankie
CBS Renews Digital Sitcom; Judy Greer Is Not Kidding, She Joins Jim Carrey Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)

Trial & Error - The Complete First Season Superior Donuts - Season One Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season

01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
01/16 - Trial & Error - The Complete First Season
01/22 - Superior Donuts - Season One
01/23 - Baskets - The Complete Season Two
02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-02-2003, 02:07 AM   #1
#1 Stack Fan
Occasional Poster

Smile Blind River Rest Stop Killings UPDATE

http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSFeatures9909/01_west.html

This article is about the guy suspected in the Blind River killings. Although it doesn't mention Jacqueline McAllister, it shows pictures of the suspect, and also shows the police sketches. Just thought I'd share what I found....!
Old 07-02-2003, 02:10 AM   #2
#1 Stack Fan
Occasional Poster

Default I forgot.....

Make sure you check out the guy's eyes in the picture where he is in his police uniform. The eyes are just as Gordon McAllister described on Unsolved Mysteries. He would look pretty darn close to that SPOOKY computer model if he took off his uniform and put on a blonde wig....EERIE!!
Old 07-05-2003, 01:47 AM   #3
Allierain
Forum Regular
Happy Stack!

I remember the 3D image they generated of the suspect based on the eyewitness description. West is the exact image of the suspect.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:04 PM   #4
mercy1825
Frequent Poster

It does mention Jackie McAllister! This guy did it! I am so glad it seems they have apprehended this suspect! This article is fantastic thanks for posting it!
Old 05-20-2005, 06:45 PM   #5
mastamatt
Frequent Poster

Question

Sorry I keep responding to old posts, but...is the Blind River Killings on the bizarre murders dvd?
Old 05-20-2005, 11:02 PM   #6
mercy1825
Frequent Poster

No, unfortunately it is not.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
Birdman275
Occasional Poster

I just got off the phone with a Ontario Provincal Police officer. The Blind River Killing suspect has not been caught. It has been said that Ronald Glenn West commited these murders. But as of 3-27-07 there is still a $50 000 CAD reward for the murderer. I will post further updates as I get them! Ronald West was convicted of 2 sex slayings in Toronto that occured in 1970. The suspect in Blind River was about 30 years of age. That would mean Ronald West was a murderer at the age of 9?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:10 PM   #8
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman275
I just got off the phone with a Ontario Provincal Police officer. The Blind River Killing suspect has not been caught. It has been said that Ronald Glenn West commited these murders. But as of 3-27-07 there is still a $50 000 CAD reward for the murderer. I will post further updates as I get them! Ronald West was convicted of 2 sex slayings in Toronto that occured in 1970. The suspect in Blind River was about 30 years of age. That would mean Ronald West was a murderer at the age of 9?

According to published reports, Ronald Glenn West was born in 1947. This means he turned 23 in 1970 (the year in which he murdered two women), and that he turned 44 in 1991 (the year in which the Blind River rest stop killings occurred). If West is the Blind River rest stop killer, then Gord McAllister may very well have erroneously guessed the killer's age. That is understandable, since many thirtysomethings are mistaken for fortysomethings and vice versa; when a suspect's age is being described, it is typically a guess based on how old or young they appeared to be. Was the Blind River rest stop killer 30 years old when he killed Jackie McAllister and Brian Major in June of 1991? Only the killer himself knows for sure.

Last edited by Kane : 03-29-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:29 AM   #9
Birdman275
Occasional Poster

That maybe a very good presumption, that Gord McAllister could have guessed the wrong age. But never the less the suspect is still on the lam. The constable said he would check out the Ronald West theory. I mean if Ronald West did these crimes do you not think Gord McAllister could have identfied him? West first came up as a suspect in 1999. The main reason he is suspect is cause the guns used in the 1970 murders were the same type as the 1991 crime. Anybody know where to get a picture of Ronald West?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:04 PM   #10
Telomerase
Occasional Poster
Ed.Murphy

I just looked at the Biography channel web site and it says he is being featured on a show called Crime Stories tomorrow at 7pm. april 1.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:45 PM   #11
Birdman275
Occasional Poster

Hello, I just got off the phone with an O.P.P. officer today, and he did confirm this suspect is on the lam. Ronald Glenn West is not the killer. This man is on the loose! So dont be stoping by rest stops, this SOB could be there. Scary thought after 16 years he still has avoided capture!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #12
tas121694
Occasional Poster

Default Ronald Glenn West

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy1825
It does mention Jackie McAllister! This guy did it! I am so glad it seems they have apprehended this suspect! This article is fantastic thanks for posting it!

Unfortunately, I do not believe West was thee perpetrator of the murders committed at the Blind River Rest Stop in 1991. Considering how much this case on Unsolved Mysteries scared me, I wish I could assure myself it was Ronald Glenn West, but the psychological and criminological profiles do not match.

Please correct me if any of my details (especially dates) are wrong, although it is likely that despite what you say, my opinion will mostly remain the same.

Consider this:

-Most violent criminals, such as West, continue committing criminal acts until being prevented to (i.e. being caught). Yet, if West committed the BRRS murders, he had waited over 20 years to commit a crime since his first crimes.

-The 1970 slayings of the Toronto women were very, very premeditated and methodical. West thoroughly planned these assaults, rapes and murders. Meanwhile, the BRRS murders were incredibly random, and unpremeditated; the type of behavior that normally indicates a psychotic break or schizophrenia.

-In the '70 cases, West did not just murder, but also sexually assaulted. Why did he not murder Gord McAllister and then sexually assault Jackie before murdering her?

-As far as I know, no record of West having owned/operated a blue van has ever been found.

I wish West did it, but it just seems to me as if the CRMP knew that West, an incredibly violent murderer, lived in the Blind River area at the time, and needed a bit of a scapegoat to calm the local hysteria.

Thoughts?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #13
FanfromES
Frequent Poster
televidente

I dont know how West became a suspect of the Blind River Stop Killings, but IMO these reasons arent enough to rule him out as a suspect:

-Most violent criminals, such as West, continue committing criminal acts until being prevented to (i.e. being caught). Yet, if West committed the BRRS murders, he had waited over 20 years to commit a crime since his first crimes.

---How do we know he didnt continue killing all those years?,

-The 1970 slayings of the Toronto women were very, very premeditated and methodical. West thoroughly planned these assaults, rapes and murders. Meanwhile, the BRRS murders were incredibly random, and unpremeditated; the type of behavior that normally indicates a psychotic break or schizophrenia.

---A 'random' killing is not always associated with a psychotic break of any kind, sometimes all it takes is proper conditions for a killing, like a quiet lonely place where the killer feels safe to do his deeds.

-In the '70 cases, West did not just murder, but also sexually assaulted. Why did he not murder Gord McAllister and then sexually assault Jackie before murdering her?

---Most of sex murderers has a fetish of some kind that defines his potencial victims. Maybe he wasnt attracted to Ms. McAllister due to her age.

-As far as I know, no record of West having owned/operated a blue van has ever been found.

---Maybe it was robbed

Thats just my opinion, they must have better information about West to clear him out of this case.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #14
Mastermind

I'm not sure if it was ever specified, but did Gordon Mcallister confirm whether the suspect had an American or Canadian accent?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #15
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
I'm not sure if it was ever specified, but did Gordon Mcallister confirm whether the suspect had an American or Canadian accent?

The official unsolved site doesn't say... I'm going to check another source.

Edit: Okay, the McAllisters were from Lindsay, Ontario. Gord McAllister spoke with barely a Canadian, accent, imo. You sort of really had to pay attention to catch it. In the re-enactment, the perp didn't really say enough for me to determine what kind of accent he had. But that was just an actor. Gord never mentioned if the perp spoke with an american or canadian accent.

Personally, I thought that the composite looked a bit like Oba Chandler, although this was nothing like his regular MO. The canadian rest stop killings happend in 1991, about a year before Oba Chandler was arrested for the Rogers murders of 1989.

It's interesting to note that the authorities could not account for Oba Chandler's whereabouts from 1990 through the end of Septemeber 1991. The rest stop killings happened in June 1991, well before the authorities had located him.

IMO, his 1979 mugshot looks like the rest stop killer composite from 12 years later. But he has worn his hair long and short over the years. I don't know what he looked like in 1991. During this time, authorities tracked him from FL to OH, and at one point during this time frame, they thought he was in toronto, which is an hour and a half from lindsay, ontario, where the McAllister's lived. I can't find any details on exactly where the Blind River Rest Stop is, except that the Blind River is in the province of Ontario, which is pretty large.

Anway, the similarities I see are the chin, shape of the shadow area under the lower lip, forehead, area of the upper lip under the nose and lip, general face shape, flatness of the cheeks, almost exact hair style and color of the 1979 mug shot, and so on.

Link to Oba Chandler pics: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Last edited by TracyLynnS : 04-01-2009 at 02:50 PM.