Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Showtime Gets Don Cheadle Comedy; HBO Special Directed by Jerrod Carmichael Coming Soon
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 18, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Spinoff One Step Closer to Reality; Netflix to Air New Season of Lucifer
Fri-Yay: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Finally Finds Its Best Self; All About the Washingtons with Rev Run Coming to Netflix
Paramount Network Comedy Scores in Ratings; Stan Against Evil Returns on Halloween for Season 3
WGN America Picks Up Two Original Series; Pop TV Orders New Comedy Florida Girls
Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Returns; Canceled CBS Sitcoms Return on Saturday Nights
Jim Carrey Comedy and Shameless Premiere Sept. 9; Sabrina Star Gets GSN Game Show
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 11, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ATX Television Festival Highlights; Fox Planning Busy Slate of MOD TV on DVD Releases Next Two Weeks

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)

Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season Step by Step - The Complete First Season Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-28-2004, 09:35 AM   #1
I Love Carol Burnett!
My Queen

Send a message via AIM to I Love Carol Burnett!
Default Elvis Episode Still Keeps me up @ night

The episode were they talk about Elvis till creeps me out. It was so scary like where the boy goes in and it shows like you were walking in I think his girl friend killed him ban boom he went in the bathroom and she forsed the pills down his throat

No really does this scare anyone else?

I'm so glad we had this time together, just to have a laugh or sing a song, seems we just get started and before you know it comes the time we have to say..so long. Good Night Everyone!
I Love Carol Burnett! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:21 AM   #2
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Elvis Presley suicide--well, there was sort of an update this spring, when the evidence was reexamined and doctors determined "it really was his heart," but that doesn't DISPROVE an overdose, since drugs will stop a heart as well as heart disease, and he had plenty of both. About the intentional overdose theory, his stepbrother seemed so sure, but I have a hard time with it. Why bother to get engaged, plan a tour, and then end it all? Most disturbingly, WHY do this with Lisa Marie in the house? It was her last day before going back to her mother's. Elvis couldn't wait ONE DAY and spare his beloved only child that ordeal? Too twisted to imagine. There is a new book by a woman who knew him for years strongly debunking the suicide theory, claiming he was ill.

Although there is no evidence Ginger (Alden, his girlfriend) killed him...Ginger had more motivation to kill Elvis than he did to kill himself.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Bumping this up due to Michael Jackson. Insane that he seems to have died the same way as Elvis--possible heart damage due to his chosen lifestyle compounded by drug overdose while planning a comeback tour. At least one of Michael's children was somewhere nearby at the time. Were any of the children in the house like Lisa Marie?
Old 06-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Blackout
Sart Bimpson

the 2pac episode is close to me, since I've been a huge fan of 2pac the last 10 years

they messed up on one fact, Yafeu Fula (2pac's close friend, fellow rapper and half brother) was murdered 2 months ago 2pac died, but his murder was solved + found un-released to 2pac's

Unsolved made it sound like he was killed to be kept from testifying on trial...in reality he was murdered over money in a Mike Tyson fight. I met Mutah Beele aka Napoleon, one of the Outlawz (2pac's group) and he confirmed to me that HIS COUSIN was the one who killed Fula....over 100 bucks

Fula was 19 but had been on two hit singles for 2pac (All About You and Hit Em Up) along with about 50-70 other collaborations with Pac, and he was a GREAt rapper....woulda been even better if he didnt die. He had collaborations with 2pac, Snoop, Notorious BIG, Kurupt/Dogg Pound and many more at such a young age. His rap alias was Kadafi.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #5
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

As soon as I heard the news of MJ's death, the first thing I thought was that like Elvis, he was "yes manned" to death.

Both were surrounded with sycophants and hangers-on, doctors who would prescribe anything they demanded, and not a single person who would tell them "no", tell them the truth, or tell them what's good for them.

Seems to me that both were so out of control with the drugs, wild spending, and crazy lifestyle, that they needed court appointed guardians to force them into rehab, manage their budgets, and in MJ's case, keep the little boys away from him, no matter how hard their parents tried to pimp them out to the king of pop.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Oh, btw, I don't think I've ever seen the UM Elvis episode. What's it about?
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #7
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Although there is no evidence Ginger (Alden, his girlfriend) killed him...Ginger had more motivation to kill Elvis than he did to kill himself.
I always thought Elvis was dating Linda Thompson at the time of his death, but I could be wrong about that.

I've never seen an Elvis UM segment--but did it include that CREEPY 1988 phone call that woman claims to have gotten out of the blue in the middle of the night from Elvis? I think it was absolutely proven to be a hoax, but it's still eerie as hell to listen to.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:01 AM   #8
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
As soon as I heard the news of MJ's death, the first thing I thought was that like Elvis, he was "yes manned" to death.

Both were surrounded with sycophants and hangers-on, doctors who would prescribe anything they demanded, and not a single person who would tell them "no", tell them the truth, or tell them what's good for them.

Seems to me that both were so out of control with the drugs, wild spending, and crazy lifestyle, that they needed court appointed guardians to force them into rehab, manage their budgets, and in MJ's case, keep the little boys away from him, no matter how hard their parents tried to pimp them out to the king of pop.
Most of the same could apply to Anna Nicole Smith, who didn't even learn from her own son's overdose, and a man was on the news immediately following Jackson's death saying that when ANS died, he said, "The same thing better not happen to Michael Jackson."
Old 06-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #9
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I always thought Elvis was dating Linda Thompson at the time of his death, but I could be wrong about that.

I've never seen an Elvis UM segment--but did it include that CREEPY 1988 phone call that woman claims to have gotten out of the blue in the middle of the night from Elvis? I think it was absolutely proven to be a hoax, but it's still eerie as hell to listen to.
No, Elvis was engaged to Ginger Alden, who discovered his lifeless body. Her screams brought Lisa Marie, who then saw him lying there like that. This is why the stepbrother's accusation of suicide is so terrible. Even if Elvis decided to kill himself before a comeback tour, would he do so in a manner guaranteed to traumatize the two people dearest to him? Let alone leave a crappy will so it took Lisa Marie years to claim her inheritance. Michael Jackson has a bit different situation, seemingly leaving such huge debts they make Pavarotti's $25 million look like pocket change. Wonder if the figure will make the Guinness Book of World Records.

And, no, I don't remember ever hearing about that phone call.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #10
justins5256

Quote:
Are you referring to a tape recording allegedly of a late night phone conversation with Elvis that was made several years after he died?

If so, the recording was debunked as a hoax when the man whose voice was on the tape came forward after the woman who paid him to make the tape bounced the check. The tape, as well as other "evidence" and claims that Elvis still lived were all part of a giant hoax perpetuated by author Gail Brewer Giorgio to sell her books. She also appeared with Bill Bixby on a rather unintentionally humorous 1992 syndicated special called "The Elvis Files" to promote her theories. I have the special on tape and it's pure, unfiltered, bulls***.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #11
Mastermind

Quote:
Are you referring to a tape recording allegedly of a late night phone conversation with Elvis that was made several years after he died?

If so, the recording was debunked as a hoax when the man whose voice was on the tape came forward after the woman who paid him to make the tape bounced the check. The tape, as well as other "evidence" and claims that Elvis still lived were all part of a giant hoax perpetuated by author Gail Brewer Giorgio to sell her books. She also appeared with Bill Bixby on a rather unintentionally humorous 1992 syndicated special called "The Elvis Files" to promote her theories. I have the special on tape and it's pure, unfiltered, bulls***.
If memory serves, this was also featured on Maury Povich's "A Current Affair".

That show at times tried to be the poorman's Unsolved Mysteries.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:43 AM   #12
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Forgot to mention, I don't know if the Stanley brothers are liars but I've disliked at least one of them due to his attitude ever since seeing two of them on a call-in talk show years ago.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:20 AM   #13
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Not only is it being reported that the doctor was in a number of different kinds of trouble, but WTF is up with this?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06282009...nce_176550.htm

Who the HELL transfers someone OFF a floor and ONTO a bed to perform CPR? Doesn't it have to be done on a hard or at least firm surface? Also what's up with the report of the doctor "finding" Jackson on the bed, not breathing but with a weak pulse? And now the story is he collapsed in the living room? Obviously was breathing before hitting the floor! And the staff member called family BEFORE 911? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #14
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256

Yep, that's the one. I think I remember the question immediately asked was why would Presley choose to phone Brewer-Giorgio out of all the people he could've called? I'm sure she had a logical explanation. I bet that special is priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
If memory serves, this was also featured on Maury Povich's "A Current Affair".

That show at times tried to be the poorman's Unsolved Mysteries.
Agreed.

That intro was classic: tinklytinklytinklySHWONNNGG! (It's so classic I can't even replicate it in type.)
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #15
justins5256

Quote:
Yep, that's the one. I think I remember the question immediately asked was why would Presley choose to phone Brewer-Giorgio out of all the people he could've called? I'm sure she had a logical explanation. I bet that special is priceless.
From what I remember of the special, Brewer-Giorgio wasn't claiming (at least then) that Elvis called her. She said the recording was provided by another Elvis fan/researcher who wished to remain anonymous. It was apparent that the tape was of a telephone conversation between two parties, but had been edited in such a way that only the voice of "Elvis" could be heard. Whomever he was speaking with and what they said was deleted. I have also read that Brewer-Giorgio has claimed Elvis did call her, so her story has changed at least once.

I was curious about the backstory of the hoax so I did some Googling. An Elvis impersonator named David Darlock came forward in 1985 and claimed that he made the tape in 1981 for the "Eternally Elvis Fan Club". He even produced a copy of the contract for his services.

I suppose Gail Brewer-Giorgio has denied these claims. Darlock was not mentioned on the "Elvis Files" special with Bixby (circa 1990, not 92). In fact, the recording was touted as authentic. There was even an acoustics analyst who compared the unknown voice on the tape to old recordings of Elvis and said they were a match. Despite the fact that the FBI had done the same analysis back in 1985 and concluded the voice was Darlock's.

This leads me to believe that the special was either very poorly researched or a total snowjob from the start. Since Brewer-Giorgio was one of the producers, I'm guessing the latter.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote