Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #16
ClassicTVGal
Federal Agent

Yes, I just heard the news! I was shocked...
I didn't know much about her health issues until now. I guess I'd forgotten or didn't know, either way.

Such sad news....

May God be with the family and friends! (esp Betty White!)
Old 06-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #17
Joker85
Forum Regular
Back in St. Olaf...

Send a message via AIM to Joker85

They are going too quickly...in the last two years it's been like a domino effect. RIP Rue. You will be missed
Old 06-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #18
tvshowsrock
Banned!!
Banned

Please don't post things like Betty White next. She has accomplished to many things to die on us just yet. Betty will be with us forever. Keep Betty alive with us for years to come. Just because they died right behind each other does no mean Betty will follow that pattern might I add she is the eldest Golden Girl to
Old 06-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #19
GGfanforlife
Frequent Poster

I am so sad that Rue passed away. I loved/love her so much. I will miss her so much.

Last edited by GGfanforlife : 11-20-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #20
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Rue was really a sitcom legend. I've been watching her since her Maude days. I wonder what Conrad Bain is feeling about now. First he lost Gary Coleman and now Rue. I also loved her on the GG. She made the character of Blanche just come to life. R.I.P. Rue and thanks for all the many wonderful memories.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #21
DVDAddict
Banned!!
Banned

That is so ironic because in the episode when Rose had a heart attack, Blanche said "What if Rose had a stroke?" then Blanche died from a stoke, so ironic! Rest in peace, Rue!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #22
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
Rue was really a sitcom legend. I've been watching her since her Maude days. I wonder what Conrad Bain is feeling about now. First he lost Gary Coleman and now Rue. I also loved her on the GG. She made the character of Blanche just to life. R.I.P. Rue and thanks for all the many wonderful memories.
Gosh, you're right! I'd forgotten that he starred with both Gary and Rue (he played Rue's husband on Maude, right?). He's got to feel doubly terrible.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 06-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #23
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

Goodbye, Rue... I'll miss you & love you forever. You will always be Blanche Devereaux in my heart...
Old 06-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #24
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Gosh, you're right! I'd forgotten that he starred with both Gary and Rue (he played Rue's husband on Maude, right?). He's got to feel doubly terrible.
Yea he played Arthur Harmon who was married to Vivian Harmon (Rue).
Old 06-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #25
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
Yea he played Arthur Harmon who was married to Vivian Harmon (Rue).
Thanks - I seem to remember she was married to another guy on the show because her last name was Cavender (she and her hubby went on vacation with Maude and Walter - then dropped a bombshell that they were splitting up).
Old 06-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #26
James"Thunder"Early
Whoever's In New England

I'm so sad right now, Rue was one of my favorite sitcom actress. Betty White is the only Golden Girl still living now

Peggy Mitchell: Get outta my pub!

You better pray you get the last laugh, it's a kick in the teeth when you don't get it.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #27
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

UPDATE: WE tv to air "The Golden Girls" Marathon: Best of Blanche--Friday, June 4: 4pm-1am ET/PT. http://goo.gl/fb/Kq9As
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #28
McGillicuddy

I just saw it on aol news. Shocking. And Estelle, Bea, and Rue passing one year after another is bizarre. R.I.P. Rue. And God Bless Betty!

I haven't been this affected by a celebrity death since Elizabeth Montgomery.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #29
angel676

I just found out the depressing, heartbreaking news about Rue's passing. I can not believe that she's gone, not to sound mean or harsh, but I thought Betty was the next to go, not Rue. Now I'm severely depressed and in tears, this is breaking my heart, we keep losing GG left and right. My thoughts and prayers go out to Rue's family and friends'. Well......this tragic loss ruined my whole evening and night. We love and miss you Rue!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:40 PM   #30
USATVFAN
Banned!!
Banned

Default Rue Taken of Life Support by her son

http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/20...ow-wilson.html

Rue McClanahan taken off of life support by son Mark Bish, says husband Morrow Wilson
By Carina MacKenzie | June 3, 2010 4:36 PM ET
On June 3, Rue McClanahan died after Mark Bish, her son from her first marriage, decided to take her off life support. Morrow Wilson, who McClanahan separated from in 2009 after 12 years of marriage, tells Life & Style "In truth, there really was no choice."

Morrow says that McClanahan's health woes began in November after a precautionary stress test revealed she would need bypass surgery. McClanahan was supposed to be presented with a lifetime achievement award at the "Golden: A Gala Tribute to Rue McClanahan" event in November, but her appearance was postponed for her surgery.

While recovering, she suffered a stroke. "The people in her life now say it was minor, but that stroke was massive," Morrow says. "But she got out of the hospital and went home. She was having around-the-clock nursing care, with speech therapy and occupational therapy. We all thought she was on the road to a full recovery."

On Monday June 2, McClanahan suffered a massive brain aneurysm in her New York apartment and was rushed to New York Presbyterian.

"She had a living will saying if she were brain dead, they should pull the plug, but the hospital waited for her son Mark to fly in and make the final decision," Morrow says. He also notes that Rue did not want a funeral service.

McClanahan's longtime friend, Betty White, is enjoying a career resurgence thanks to Facebook and a Snickers ad campaign, but she still made time to keep up with Rue. Morrow says Betty spoke to Rue "every three or four weeks and has said how Rue's speech had come back."

http://www.examiner.com/x-35831-Cele...-be-held-Video
Mark Bish removes Rue McClanahan from life support, no funeral will be held (Video)
June 3, 5:51 PMCelebrity Headlines ExaminerSunny Pepper
Previous
Next

1 comment

Subscribe
ShareThis

Mark Bish, son of Rue McClanahan, takes her off life support. (PR Photos)
Golden Girls star Rue McClanahan died of a stroke Thursday after being taken off life support by her only surviving son, Mark Bish.
Bish, a 52-year-old actor, was the son of McClanahan from her first marriage. Morrow Wilson, her husband of 12 years, spoke out to the press about Mark Bish's decision to take Rue off life support.
"In truth, there really was no choice," Morrow told Life&Style magazine. "She had a living will saying if she were brain dead, they should pull the plug," he said aiding Mark's decision, while adding there was a catch in her will. Mark had to be the one to make the decision.
"The hospital waited for her son Mark to fly in and make the final decision," Morrow told the mag, noting Rue's request to not have a funeral service in her honor.

http://www.rightcelebrity.com/?p=9084
Meet Mark Bish. He is the remarkable and classic Golden Girl Rue McClanahan’s son. Such saddening news today after learning the death of his beloved mother. There is so much to reflect on, as the actress successfully made her mark in history. Find out more details and see photos and a video right here.

This is definitely a day of mourning, especially for Mark Bish, the Golden Girl’s only son. Be sure to check out photos and videos below.

As a biography, Mark Bish was born in Ardmore, Oklahoma in 1958 and is 52 years old. He is most-known as actress Rue McClanahan’s son. His father, Tom Bish, was a stage actor in New York City where his parents first met and fell in love. He can be seen in “Intimate Portrait: Rue McClanahan” and has worked as a production assistant for Biosphere 2.

Following an unfortunate massive stoke, Mark Bish’s mother passed way today around 1 am Thursday, June 3rd. According to reports, the actress was taken off life support and left this world peacefully, surrounded by her loved ones; her son, sister, and nephew.

As stated in the Golden Girl’s living will, she included that if “she were brain dead, they should pull the plug”. Ultimately, the final decision was her son Mark’s. So the New York Presbyterian hospital awaited for his arrival so that an absolute agreement could be reached.

To read more about your favorite Golden Girl, be sure to read her autobiography, “My First Five Husbands … And the Ones Who Got Away”.

What an incredible lady! Mark Bish, Rue McClanahan’s son will continue to live her legacy as he is her one and only child. Please leave us your thoughts in the comment box and see pictures and a video below.