Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

USA Network's Suits Gets Spin-Off?; TV Land's Younger Hits Series High...Again
EPIX Series Gets All-Star Cast Including Patrick Dempsey; Connie Britton Is a SMILF
NBC Summer Pilot Review: Marlon - Premieres Wednesday (August 16); Netflix Has the Best Worst Weekend Ever
Antenna TV Adds Prime Stacks for Rest of Summer; GLOW Gets Season 2 on Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 14, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: How I Met Your Mother Spinoff Still Being Considered; Reboots for King of the Hill and The Munsters?
Fri-Yay: Animated Sitcoms; School is Back in Session this Fall on TV Land's Teachers
Three's Company Stars Reunite for Antenna TV's '70s Rock & Romance Cruise; Kathy Bates Sitcom Premieres Aug. 25

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

06/13 - The Andy Griffith Show - Return to Mayberry
06/13 - That's My Mama - The Complete Series
06/20 - Workaholics - The Final (Seventh) Season
06/20 - Workaholics - The Complete Series
06/27 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Third Season
07/04 - Superstore - Season Two
07/18 - Father Knows Best - Season Six
07/25 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season
07/25 - Girls - The Final (Sixth) Season (Blu-ray)
08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #16
Movie12
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Movie12

Voting Results
Unreleased Rank: 105th
Overall Rank: 411st
Total Number of Voters: 1177
Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
Movie12
Forum Regular

Voting Results
Unreleased Rank: 105th
Overall Rank: 411st
Total Number of Voters: 1187
Old 07-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #18
sigmapi30
Forum Regular
Lucille Ball RULES!!

Send a message via AIM to sigmapi30

Good to see people are still voting..but seriously..i hope we hear something soon...its been quite a while since the last season of TGG was released. Disney/Buena Vista continue to respond to my emails with a generic response.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:03 PM   #19
Movie12
Forum Regular

Voting Results
Unreleased Rank: 102nd
Overall Rank: 404th
Total Number of Voters: 1203
Old 08-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #20
Movie12
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmapi30
Good to see people are still voting..but seriously..i hope we hear something soon...its been quite a while since the last season of TGG was released. Disney/Buena Vista continue to respond to my emails with a generic response.

Yes I am still very pleased to see that many fans are still voting for The Golden Palace, but it's definitely time to hear something about a DVD release. Disney/Buena Vista released the last season of The Golden Girls in February 2007. All I know is that I am tired and tired of all this waiting for a DVD release. I sure hope that we hear some word soon about The Golden Palace getting released on DVD. I wish Disney/Buena Vista would stop replying with the same generic response every time someone e-mails them in regards of The Golden Palace.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #21
Movie12
Forum Regular

Default The Golden Palace in the TOP 100!

Voting Results
Unreleased Rank: 100th
Overall Rank: 400th
Total Number of Voters: 1216

The Golden Palace is finally in the TOP 100, so hopefully it will get a DVD release in the near future. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #22
Movie12
Forum Regular

Voting Results
Unreleased Rank: 98th
Overall Rank: 399th
Total Number of Voters: 1223
Old 11-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #23
McGillicuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie12
Voting Results
Unreleased Rank: 98th
Total Number of Voters: 1223

I'm curious, whats the difference between unreleased rank and overall rank? And are these good (encouraging) numbers??
Old 11-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #24
Movie12
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by markway895
I'm curious, whats the difference between unreleased rank and overall rank? And are these good (encouraging) numbers??

I was wondering myself, so I actually e-mailed David Lambert on tvshowsondvd.com asking him what the difference is between a unreleased rank and a overall rank. I had mention to David that The Golden Palace unreleased rank is 98th and the overall rank is 399th. And I asked David if they were good encouraging numbers.

Here's the response that I got back from David:

"Imagine that there are just 5 TV shows ever, instead of thousands and thousands. In this imaginary world, the only 5 shows are Charmed, Wonder Years, Batman, MacGyver and Star Trek. In this scenario, that order I just named them in is the order of their overall popularity among registered members of our site. So the Overall Rank is #1 for Charmed, #2 for Wonder Years, etc.

Charmed, MacGyver and Star Trek are all released on DVD already. Wonder Years (due to music rights issues) and Batman (due to character rights issues) are not released. So Wonder Years is #1 among all unreleased titles. Batman likewise has an Unreleased Rank of #2. Get it?

So, in the real world, among every TV show in history that is listed at our site, our registered members have voted MOST for Charmed. Wonder Years is overall #3, but is the #1 unreleased-on-DVD show.

Golden Palace is #399 among all shows, released or unreleased. But among all shows it is #98. Yes, those are pretty good numbers. However, those numbers don't seem to have an effect on the rights-holders, ABC/Disney, because among their HUGE library of TV properties, they only seem to be concentrating on releases of either current shows (Grey's Anatomy, Lost, etc.) or cartoons/kid shows (X-Men, Power Rangers RPM, etc.). So I don't anticipate a Golden Palace release on DVD any time soon, unless ABC/Disney decides to offer it out to another "independent" studio (Lionsgate, Shout!, Image, etc.) under a license deal. To my knowledge, that hasn't been offered up until now."

We can only hope that ABC/Disney, Lionsgate, or Shout! will release The Golden Palace on DVD sometime in the future. The sooner the better would be nice. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #25
Movie12
Forum Regular

Voting Results
Unreleased Rank: 97th
Total Number of Voters: 1225
Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #26
JR1
Forum Regular

It certainly wasn't as good as GG (GG itself in the last couple of seasons overall wasn't as strong as the first four seasons), but it needs to be released, for completeness.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #27
patrickinstardom
Occasional Poster

Would someone be willing to post the email address that should be used by fans to request Golden Palace on DVD please?

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #28
Movie12
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1
It certainly wasn't as good as GG (GG itself in the last couple of seasons overall wasn't as strong as the first four seasons), but it needs to be released, for completeness.

Totally Agree! It needs to be released for completeness.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #29
Movie12
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickinstardom
Would someone be willing to post the email address that should be used by fans to request Golden Palace on DVD please?

Thanks.

Sure I would be more than happy to. Here's the e-mail address:

disneyinfo@disneyhelp.com
Old 01-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #30
Movie12
Forum Regular

Voting Results
Unreleased Rank: 94th
Overall Rank: 396th
Total Number of Voters: 1240