Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

3rd Rock from the Sun Launches on Laff in July; The CW Fall 2018 Premiere Dates
NBC Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Season 4 of Bounce Sitcom Premieres July 2
The History of Comedy Returns to CNN; Showtime Gets First Late Night Talk Show
Showtime Gets Don Cheadle Comedy; HBO Special Directed by Jerrod Carmichael Coming Soon
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 18, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Spinoff One Step Closer to Reality; Netflix to Air New Season of Lucifer
Fri-Yay: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Finally Finds Its Best Self; All About the Washingtons with Rev Run Coming to Netflix
Paramount Network Comedy Scores in Ratings; Stan Against Evil Returns on Halloween for Season 3
WGN America Picks Up Two Original Series; Pop TV Orders New Comedy Florida Girls
Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Returns; Canceled CBS Sitcoms Return on Saturday Nights


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)

Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season Step by Step - The Complete First Season Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #76
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 13,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Yeah, I figured I had to get started on those sets.
I think for the most part I've liked all the movies on Vol 1, some are slow for sure. You'll be able to see Best Friends with the late Richard Hatch.
__________________
"I'm going to go do something productive. I'm gonna go watch television." - Ray Peterson, The 'burbs

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 02:11 PM   #77
JamesG
Freakshow
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
 
JamesG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 38,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Nice! I think the only thing I've seen in her in was the Johnny Depp Lone Ranger, but I don't remember much of it other than Depp.
I was introduced to her on the Showtime series "The Affair".

I also saw her in a play she did, Constellations, w/ Jake Gyllenhaal. That's where she signed that photo.
JamesG is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #78
JamesG
Freakshow
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
 
JamesG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 38,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
I think for the most part I've liked all the movies on Vol 1, some are slow for sure. You'll be able to see Best Friends with the late Richard Hatch.
Best Friends is actually the next one to view.
JamesG is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 03:28 PM   #79
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 13,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
I was introduced to her on the Showtime series "The Affair".

I also saw her in a play she did, Constellations, w/ Jake Gyllenhaal. That's where she signed that photo.
That's cool. Miss out on all of the Showtime and HBO shows since we don't get the channels.
Torgo is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 03:29 PM   #80
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 13,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Best Friends is actually the next one to view.
Torgo is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 09:30 PM   #81
Penny Lane
Aidan Turner-ON
Forum Celebrity
 
Penny Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 03, 2001
Location: Beneath the blue suburban skies
Posts: 26,960
Default

Annabelle(2014)-Annabelle Wallis, Ward Horton, Alfre Woodard


Who in their right mind would even want such a freaky ugly doll?
Attached Images
 
__________________
The Beatles saved the world from boredom- George Harrison
Penny Lane is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 12:02 AM   #82
Dude111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 05, 2013
Posts: 4,887
Default

I last saw AND JUSTICE FOR ALL (1979) today on VHS
Dude111 is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 01:53 AM   #83
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 32,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
This one looks interesting, though you may not want to watch given what you do for a living.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRP-4f_vyrY

OMG!!!!
Bonniegirl is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 02:06 AM   #84
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 32,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
Annabelle(2014)-Annabelle Wallis, Ward Horton, Alfre Woodard


Who in their right mind would even want such a freaky ugly doll?
I know!!! right? But I have been reading up on this and supposedly "Annabelle' was based on a real life evil haunted Raggedy Ann doll! It's freaky to me cause I LOVE Raggedy Ann and I collect them. I collect all rag dolls. I think they are precious!! I have had some since I was a little girl!!!

But yeah, supposedly the real "Annabelle" was actually a Raggedy Ann doll!!







www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/annabelle/
Bonniegirl is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 04:42 AM   #85
bmasters9
Member
Senior Member
 
bmasters9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2007
Posts: 2,306
Default

Deepwater Horizon
__________________
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's spiel for The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season; modified from what it was in 1985)
bmasters9 is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #86
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 13,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
I know!!! right? But I have been reading up on this and supposedly "Annabelle' was based on a real life evil haunted Raggedy Ann doll! It's freaky to me cause I LOVE Raggedy Ann and I collect them. I collect all rag dolls. I think they are precious!! I have had some since I was a little girl!!!

But yeah, supposedly the real "Annabelle" was actually a Raggedy Ann doll!!







www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/annabelle/
Well, you know me and dolls. Raggedy dolls I don't find scary, I had a Raggedy Andy doll as a kid, so I can see why they changed it for the movie. But if I knew about that as a kid, I'd probably have thrown ol' Andy out.
Torgo is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #87
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 32,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Well, you know me and dolls. Raggedy dolls I don't find scary, I had a Raggedy Andy doll as a kid, so I can see why they changed it for the movie. But if I knew about that as a kid, I'd probably have thrown ol' Andy out.

They can be scary. In the way that they are so old fashioned, innocent and wholesome,that it would be extra spooky if a Raggedy Ann suddenly were to become evil!

Remember that paranormal ep.on the Waltons,when Elizabeth's Raggedy Ann was like dancing around or something? I haven't seen that ep.in so long!

And there will be an Annabelle 2 !


Annabelle is a Raggedy Ann doll alleged by demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren to be haunted. The doll resides in a glass box at The Warrens' Occult Museum in Monroe, Connecticut. The story served as the inspiration for the films The Conjuring (2013), Annabelle (2014), and the upcoming, Annabelle 2 (2017).

Bonniegirl is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #88
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 13,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
They can be scary. In the way that they are so old fashioned, innocent and wholesome,that it would be extra spooky if a Raggedy Ann suddenly were to become evil!

Remember that paranormal ep.on the Waltons,when Elizabeth's Raggedy Ann was like dancing around or something? I haven't seen that ep.in so long!

And there will be an Annabelle 2 !


Annabelle is a Raggedy Ann doll alleged by demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren to be haunted. The doll resides in a glass box at The Warrens' Occult Museum in Monroe, Connecticut. The story served as the inspiration for the films The Conjuring (2013), Annabelle (2014), and the upcoming, Annabelle 2 (2017).

Well yeah, if they became evil. But porcelain dolls are just scary without having to do anything.

I do remember that one, Elizabeth was turning 13 and supernatural things started happening around her.
Torgo is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #89
Penny Lane
Aidan Turner-ON
Forum Celebrity
 
Penny Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 03, 2001
Location: Beneath the blue suburban skies
Posts: 26,960
Default

Has anyone watched the "Insidious" series? Any good?
Penny Lane is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 02:01 PM   #90
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 13,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
Has anyone watched the "Insidious" series? Any good?
The first was good, I haven't seen the others. My daughter likes them, and has seen all three on the big screen.
Torgo is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.