Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-26-2019, 06:38 PM   #661
jbjr56
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk View Post
Didn't the nurses claim that the bruising wasn't there at the time of the physical examination right after the deaths?
Yes that’s what I read too. I never saw a bruise appear one or two days later that intense.
jbjr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:05 PM   #662
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan View Post
The two-hour documentary on the Routier murders that I recently watched mentioned that in addition to the silly string video, there were 2 other clips not shown to the public. One was of Darlie crying at the boy's grave. I think that the Rowlett police and court system just didn't like her and tried to paint her as a terrible mother.

Something else I never thought of before. What if Darlle's bruises were caused by Darin trying to restrain her after he realized that she just stabbed Devon and Damon? Darlie could have still been flailing around and cut herself during this, but Darin would have been lacerated too, and if I recall, he was not injured. I also feel that maybe Darin stabbed the boys, and Darlie tried to intervene and was cut by the knife. Darin, knowing that if he killed his wife, would be solely blamed and imprisoned for the deaths, so he needed Darlie alive so she could take the fall. Might all sound farfetched, but not entirely impossible.
I can’t even begin to point out all of the fail in this post... so I won’t.

Darlie Routier is 100% guilty of murdering her sons and I question the sanity of those that think otherwise. Either they haven’t researched the physical evidence enough or they are blinded by “pretty white woman” syndrome or both.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:04 PM   #663
GDAWG
Frequent Poster

She's 100% guilty and the last ABC special did not change that for me.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:41 PM   #664
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Jock View Post
I can’t even begin to point out all of the fail in this post... so I won’t.

Darlie Routier is 100% guilty of murdering her sons and I question the sanity of those that think otherwise. Either they haven’t researched the physical evidence enough or they are blinded by “pretty white woman” syndrome or both.
Dude, look who created this thread. Of course I know about the case. I've only studied it for several years. A good researcher looks at all angles, however likely or unlikely. The Routier case has apparencies and it has discrepancies. Not everything is as it seems. I'm still convinced that Darin was somehow involved, whether it was during or after the fact. There's no way he slept through the stabbings and Darlie couldn't have staged the scene by herself (ex. the tube sock) without waking him.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:10 AM   #665
Steve_uk

Quote:
Dude, look who created this thread. Of course I know about the case. I've only studied it for several years. A good researcher looks at all angles, however likely or unlikely. The Routier case has apparencies and it has discrepancies. Not everything is as it seems. I'm still convinced that Darin was somehow involved, whether it was during or after the fact. There's no way he slept through the stabbings and Darlie couldn't have staged the scene by herself (ex. the tube sock) without waking him.
I think he may well have buttressed the intruder theory by bruising his wife for those photographs post-murders though I very much doubt he would have colluded in killing the boys. The original invader theory was his with the insurance scam motive and I think Darlie embellished it diabolically due to her own financial concerns combined with her mental health issues.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:59 AM   #666
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

I don't recall if it was revealed, but how deep were the wounds? Who would have created enough force to inflict those wounds, a man or a woman? Just a few small questions that haven't been cleared up.
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:26 AM   #667
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
I think he may well have buttressed the intruder theory by bruising his wife for those photographs post-murders though I very much doubt he would have colluded in killing the boys.
That's an interesting theory. And it wouldn't shock me if it turned out to be true. I do not think Darin had anything to do with the murders, but helping Darlie cover it up after the fact? Wouldn't put it past him.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:28 AM   #668
Steve_uk

Quote:
I don't recall if it was revealed, but how deep were the wounds? Who would have created enough force to inflict those wounds, a man or a woman? Just a few small questions that haven't been cleared up.
She was put under general anesthesia at the hospital, so by sight the doctors must have thought her wounds were serious. She had a nine-centimetre neck wound which stopped two centimetres distant from the carotid artery, which if severed would have meant she would have bled to death within minutes. In addition she had sustained a 1 and a half inch deep cut to her left shoulder and a similar deep stab wound to her right forearm. No injuries to forearms, palms or fingers.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:48 PM   #669
tsaun
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
That's an interesting theory. And it wouldn't shock me if it turned out to be true. I do not think Darin had anything to do with the murders, but helping Darlie cover it up after the fact? Wouldn't put it past him.
Felt like Darin's possible involvement could explain why the sock ended up yards from the house.
tsaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:44 PM   #670
Jon
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaun View Post
Felt like Darin's possible involvement could explain why the sock ended up yards from the house.
One of the things that surprises me about this case is I've never seen him point the finger at her. If he helped cover for her, that would explain why. It's just a theory, but I think it makes more sense than an intruder running out of the house with a sock. I can't think of a reason why a hypothetical perpetrator would.

Do we know when the sock was found? And did they ever say if the sock belonged to one of the Routiers?
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:30 PM   #671
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
One of the things that surprises me about this case is I've never seen him point the finger at her. If he helped cover for her, that would explain why. It's just a theory, but I think it makes more sense than an intruder running out of the house with a sock. I can't think of a reason why a hypothetical perpetrator would.

Do we know when the sock was found? And did they ever say if the sock belonged to one of the Routiers?
The sock was found the same evening by Sergeant Ward. It was later matched to Darin's shoe and Darin himself admitted that it was his.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:05 PM   #672
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
The sock was found the same evening by Sergeant Ward. It was later matched to Darin's shoe and Darin himself admitted that it was his.
That's hysterical. I never heard that it was Darin's sock. This certainly doesn't help Darlie's case. A couple of the investigators on the ABC show said the perp took the sock, covered it with a chemical, and held it over Darlie's mouth which incapacitated her.

Ok... So someone breaks in and brings the chemical to incapacitate her but not the sock? Does that make any g.d. sense???
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:25 AM   #673
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
That's hysterical. I never heard that it was Darin's sock. This certainly doesn't help Darlie's case. A couple of the investigators on the ABC show said the perp took the sock, covered it with a chemical, and held it over Darlie's mouth which incapacitated her.

Ok... So someone breaks in and brings the chemical to incapacitate her but not the sock? Does that make any g.d. sense???
She suffers from histrionic personality disorder, desirous of being the centre of attention or feeling that she was, the onset of her fourth pregnancy after the abortion leading to post-natal depression and an apprehension that she was trapped, the diet pill Fastin one attempt to regain her former physique, though only causing insomnia, the culmination being the tragedy of that night when in her mind it was them or her..
Old 05-29-2019, 02:41 AM   #674
jbjr56
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post

Too boot, Darin repeated the same thing basically saying that it was a sexual assault.

I think Darin was the one who ran the sock out of the house. How long did Darlie say it took to fight off the attacker? If she screamed for Darin as well as fighting the assaulter - what was Darin doing? Taking a leak? Then running down to help. Then the assaulter just hightailed out of the house and disappeared in the night before Darin had a clue what was going on. That is IF Darlie was screaming for Darin to help.
jbjr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:52 AM   #675
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjr56 View Post
Too boot, Darin repeated the same thing basically saying that it was a sexual assault.

I think Darin was the one who ran the sock out of the house. How long did Darlie say it took to fight off the attacker? If she screamed for Darin as well as fighting the assaulter - what was Darin doing? Taking a leak? Then running down to help. Then the assaulter just hightailed out of the house and disappeared in the night before Darin had a clue what was going on. That is IF Darlie was screaming for Darin to help.
She changed her story, which didn't help her case. On June 6 she told Police she woke to find the attacker with the knife standing over her, but two days on when she first woke up Damon was pressing on her shoulder and the intruder was walking away from her.

I don't think she fell asleep that night at all..