Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The Middle Marathon on Freeform Today for Finale Day; She-Ra Returns with Sitcom Voice Cast
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 21, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Looking Back at the Upfronts; Fresh Off the Boat and Last Man Standing DVDs Arriving on Tuesday
Fri-Yay: How Did Sitcoms Fare at the Upfronts?
The CW Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; Freeform 2018 Upfront
CBS Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; The Detour Back for Season 4 on TBS
ABC Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; MeTV Acquires The Jeffersons and Charlie's Angels
Fox Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; Raven's Home Returns June 25 on Disney
NBC Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 14, 2018)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April/May)

Atlanta - The Complete First Season Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season One Day at a Time - Season Two Perfect Strangers  - The Complete Third Season Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Final (Eighth) Season

03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season
03/13 - The New Adventures of Old Christine - The Complete First Season
03/27 - One Day at a Time - Season Two
04/03 - Ballers - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/03 - 90's Sitcom (Just Shoot Me!/The Larry Sanders Show/Wings) Starter Set - Season 1 & 2 Bundle
04/10 - Vice Principals - The Compelte Series
04/17 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Third Season
05/08 - Dear White People - Season 1
05/08 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Final (Eighth) Season
05/29 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 1
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #106
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Fourth Halloween II TV Spot Takes a Jab at The Final Destination?
Monday, August 10, 2009
By: MrDisgusting

A fourth TV Spot was released today for Rob Zombie's Halloween II entitled "Final Destiny", which appears to be a jab at New Line Cinema's The Final Destination.

The two films are set to go head-to-head on August 28th, but I think if I were a betting man I'd say Death is going to win.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks? You can check out the new TV Spot from Michael Myers return to Haddonfield beyond the break.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17028
Old 08-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #107
browneyes106

I hope I see the TV spot soon.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #108
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes106
I hope I see the TV spot soon.

Here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcuf0yC1_bA
Old 08-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #109
browneyes106

Cool thanks for the link. I hope I see it on TV. I saw a couple of promos for the Final Destination this morning and one for Soriority Row.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #110
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Cool thanks for the link. I hope I see it on TV. I saw a couple of promos for the Final Destination this morning and one for Soriority Row.

Yeah, Youtube seems to be plugging Sorority Row a lot. The girls made this confessional vids and they have interactive games and stuff.

I'm not too crazy about The Final Destination so I don't follow that as much.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #111
browneyes106

I just saw a promo for H2.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #112
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
I just saw a promo for H2.

I assume on TV? cool
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #113
browneyes106

I saw it while watching Family Guy on TBS. Last night I saw more promos of the Final Destination on TV.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #114
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
I assume on TV? cool

I saw the trailer for H2 on tv a few nights ago. Still haven't seen one for Sorority House yet.

I miss the early 80's, it seemed like there was always a trailer for a horror film being shown during commercial breaks. One of our local stations after 8PM would start airing lots of horror trailers during their breaks. Of course back then the theaters were filled with horror films, I remember opening the newspaper to the movie section and it would be two pages of mostly horror film ads.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 08-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #115
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Zombie's Halloween II As Strong As Rejects?
Source: Ryan Rotten, Managing Editor
August 12, 2009

As the song goes, Rob Zombie is "never gonna stop."

Since Comic-Con, the multi-hyphenate has been racing through the final lap of post-production on Halloween II. The sequel to 2007's Halloween has tested both in New York and Los Angeles and is jetting towards its August 28 release.

"It's a reality-based film but there's more trippy stuff at the end," Zombie tells ShockTillYouDrop.com, responding to this writer's comment about the sequel going beyond the usual slasher fare. The writer-director is feeling incredibly positive about his sophomore outing with Michael Myers. "Most of the people that worked on this movie worked on "The Devil's Rejects". And I think we all feel this movie is the logical follow. That "Halloween" itself was a weird left turn that never found its groove. "Halloween II" is to "Halloween" as "Rejects" is to "House of 1000 Corpses". We shot the last film on 35mm, it was cleaner. This one, we went back to shoot a dirty, nasty movie on 16mm."

August 28 doesn't mean Zombie takes a hiatus. There's a new album on the way, currently untitled. "I think it's going to come out at the end of October or the beginning of November. We have a tour starting in October. The plan is to go on tour for a while then finally come back and make "Tyrannosaurus Rex". Because that got shoved off to the side and that was a film I really wanted to make. It's like "Rejects" on steroids."

Tyrannosaurus Rex was in development at Dimension through 2008 and is said to be a mix of Raging Bull and The Road Warrior.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=11395
Old 08-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #116
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

DimensionHorror has put up a new Halloween II tv spot.

Check it out here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3An9V3at6Y
Old 08-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #117
browneyes106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
I saw the trailer for H2 on tv a few nights ago. Still haven't seen one for Sorority House yet.

I miss the early 80's, it seemed like there was always a trailer for a horror film being shown during commercial breaks. One of our local stations after 8PM would start airing lots of horror trailers during their breaks. Of course back then the theaters were filled with horror films, I remember opening the newspaper to the movie section and it would be two pages of mostly horror film ads.

The promos I have saw for Sorority Row were late at night on MTV. I saw H2 ad's a lot this morning while I was doing stuff before work. I think probably next week there will be more tv promos for Sorority Row and maybe Jennifer's Body which comes out on September 18th.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #118
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Halloween: The Life and Crimes of Michael Myers
Source: ShockTillYouDrop.com
August 17, 2009

Universal Studios Hollywood's "Halloween Horror Nights," beginning a 16-night run on October 2, will present an all-new "live" attraction based on Halloween and Michael Myers, per an agreement reached between the theme park and Compass International Pictures. Read on for the full press release issued this morning!

"Halloween: The Life and Crimes of Michael Myers," an interactive horror walk-through experience, will be the first attraction based upon the "Halloween" films to be created by a U.S. theme park. A replica of Michel Myers' house will be constructed for the attraction and his most memorable atrocities will be brought to life.

Larry Kurzweil, President and Chief Operating Officer, Universal Studios Hollywood, said: "The addition of the classic 'Halloween' film franchise to this year's Halloween Horror Nights event underscores our intent to break new creative ground with outstanding horror icons and raise the intensity level of our Halloween experience. This year's Halloween Horror Nights will be the most impactful live horror event ever to be presented in a theme park environment."

Malek Akkad, President of Trancas International Films, and producer of the new "Halloween II," due in theaters August 28th, said: "We are thrilled to bring the classic Halloween icon, Michael Myers, to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights this year. It will be a great treat for fans to experience 'Halloween' in the haunted house setting that Universal does best."

The masked figure of Michael Myers is well-known to horror audiences as the archetypical slasher, a maniacal and relentless killer. By the time of Halloween Horror Night's 2009 opening, the infamous character will have appeared in nine films, beginning with John Carpenter's 1978 "Halloween," and continuing through the new "Halloween II," written and directed by Rob Zombie. The film has additionally been a central figure in novels, in the video gaming world and in comic books.

Also new to this year's "Halloween Horror Nights" is a "live" maze experience based on the "Saw" film franchise, per an agreement among Universal Studios Theme Parks, Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures. Characters, themes and live action recreations of the infamous "traps" from the entire "Saw" horror franchise will be featured in the experience, in multiple "scare zones" and aboard the park's signature "Terror Tram."

Halloween Horror Nights will also feature the "Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute" per an agreement between the theme park and Twentieth Century Fox's Licensing & Merchandising Division. The tribute will bring the mayhem of the classic horror spoof to life on-screen and on-stage with live performers singing and dancing in the celebrated, outrageous "Rocky Horror" costumes.

This year's "Halloween Horror Nights" event will feature four all-new mazes as well as terrifying new "Scare Zones."

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=11430
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #119
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

WIN A SIGNED HALLOWEEN 2 SKULL

Rob Zombie and Sheri Moon will be making an appearance at Planet Hollywood in Times Square tomorrow at 12:45pm to donate Michael Myers’ knife from HALLOWEEN II.

They are running a twitter contest and will be giving away a ROB ZOMBIE signed skull (picture attached) straight from the set of HALLOWEEN II.

In order to win – contestants must tweet a photo of themselves at the ceremony at Planet Hollywood with Rob and Sheri in the background. The photo must be tweeted @H2_TheMovie and received by midnight tomorrow.

Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Time: 12:45pm EST

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17102
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #120
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Behind the Mask of Laurie Strode in New Halloween II Image
Monday, August 17, 2009
By: MrDisgusting

When talking about the Halloween franchise, one will typically talk about Michael Myers, the man behind the infamous Shape mask.

Today a new image was released from Rob Zombie's forthcoming Halloween II that features a look at Laurie Strode in young Myers' clown costume. Confusing. Yes. What do you guys think is behind this new image?

Halloween II opens against The Final Destination on August 28th.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17106
Attached Images