Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Nickelodeon Gets Norman Lear Project; 20th Anniversary Marathon of Sex and the City on E!
Netflix Series Big Mouth Adds Stars; Alexa and Carlos PenaVega Return to Hallmark Channel for Film
The Middle Marathon on Freeform Today for Finale Day; She-Ra Returns with Sitcom Voice Cast
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 21, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Looking Back at the Upfronts; Fresh Off the Boat and Last Man Standing DVDs Arriving on Tuesday
Fri-Yay: How Did Sitcoms Fare at the Upfronts?
The CW Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; Freeform 2018 Upfront
CBS Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; The Detour Back for Season 4 on TBS
ABC Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; MeTV Acquires The Jeffersons and Charlie's Angels

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April/May)

Atlanta - The Complete First Season Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season One Day at a Time - Season Two Perfect Strangers  - The Complete Third Season Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Final (Eighth) Season

03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season
03/13 - The New Adventures of Old Christine - The Complete First Season
03/27 - One Day at a Time - Season Two
04/03 - Ballers - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/03 - 90's Sitcom (Just Shoot Me!/The Larry Sanders Show/Wings) Starter Set - Season 1 & 2 Bundle
04/10 - Vice Principals - The Compelte Series
04/17 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Third Season
05/08 - Dear White People - Season 1
05/08 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Final (Eighth) Season
05/29 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 1
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #16
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Woodward
H1
H2 (great atmosphere as the first but seems bit slow)
H3 :/ (nothing whatsoever to do with MM)
H4
H5 :/ (kinda like it but stale)
H6 :/ (missed oppurtunity , I think it had potential never fully realized)
H7 :/ (too teeny bopper for my taste , MM seemed tame)
H8 (can't believe the fate of Laurie Strode , THAT was the best they could come up with.....for shame
H remake :/ (spooky atmosphere was gone)

H1- Great film, one of my top favorite horror films.
H2- I agree, I thought it was a little slow too, still enjoyed it though.
H3- Granted it has nothing to do with Meyers, but still a nifty little horror film. Tom Atkins was great as usual.
H4- This is the best sequel of the series.
H5- I like it except for the obnoxious silly comic relief cops.
H6- Having seen both versions it's still ok.
H7- I enjoyed it.
H8- Busta Rhymes is what brought the film down, not the fate of Laurie Strode. That and just a silly plot.
H remake- Not being a fan of Rob Zombie's previous films I didn't go into this with much hope, but I have to say I enjoyed it for what it was. I still prefer Michael to not a have back story, but I did enjoy the bits in the remake with Michael and Dr Loomis. William Forsythe was a hoot as Ronnie, and as usual Sheri Moon Zombie was in top form as a white trash tramp
Old 04-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #17
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
H1- Great film, one of my top favorite horror films.

Agreed.

Quote:
H2- I agree, I thought it was a little slow too, still enjoyed it though.

Yes, this was a decent sequel.

Quote:
H3- Granted it has nothing to do with Meyers, but still a nifty little horror film. Tom Atkins was great as usual.

I appreciate Carpenter wanting to experiment and go a new direction but I don't think fans were too appreciative of him doing this without telling anyone. I didn't care much for this one; not because of it just not involving Myers but I just thought it stunk.

Quote:
H4- This is the best sequel of the series.

Agreed.

Quote:
H5- I like it except for the obnoxious silly comic relief cops.

This is one is not one of my favorties. Was it really a necessity to have clown music in the background when they came on the screen?

Quote:
H6- Having seen both versions it's still ok.

I enjoyed the director's/producers/uncut version a lot better than what was officiallu y released.

Quote:
H7- I enjoyed it.

Yes, H20 wasn't a bad movie. The only thing that really irks me is them deciding to ignore 4-6, as Halloween 4 is one of my favorties.

Quote:
H8- Busta Rhymes is what brought the film down, not the fate of Laurie Strode. That and just a silly plot.

This one is not my favorite at all.

Quote:
H remake- Not being a fan of Rob Zombie's previous films I didn't go into this with much hope, but I have to say I enjoyed it for what it was. I still prefer Michael to not a have back story, but I did enjoy the bits in the remake with Michael and Dr Loomis. William Forsythe was a hoot as Ronnie, and as usual Sheri Moon Zombie was in top form as a white trash tramp

Yeah, I did enjoy this one. Really, you didn't like 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects?
Old 04-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #18
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

ANOTHER Halloween 2 Image Added... Quickly Removed
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
By: MrDisgusting

God bless the internet and B-D reader Zombie Dude, who snatched a brand new image from Rob Zombie's H2: Halloween 2, which was posted this morning by writer-director Rob Zombie, before being pulled seconds later. The image features a look at the internet-dubbed "Hobo-Myers" standing toe-to-toe with a little kid dressed as a clown, check it out inside and don't forget to see the other new image posted here this morning.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15967
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #19
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Nope, I didn't like 1000 Corpses or Devil's Rejects, which is weird because those are usually the types of movies I like, and they both had great casts.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #20
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Nope, I didn't like 1000 Corpses or Devil's Rejects, which is weird because those are usually the types of movies I like, and they both had great casts.

Well then the next obvious question is what you didn't like about those two movies? lol
Old 04-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #21
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Official Trailer Debut For Rob Zombie's Halloween 2!
Friday, April 24, 2009

Laurie Strode (Scout Taylor-Compton) ends up in the hospital following the events of Rob Zombie's Halloween, his reboot of John Carpenter's legendary slasher film that started it all.

The brand new trailer - that you can view beyond the break - gives us a look at the beginning of H2: Halloween 2, while also displaying some crazy imagery that has loaded us with questions ranging from the return of Deborah Myers (Sheri Moon) with blonde hair (is she a ghost?) to the image of Daeg as little Michael (was he really digitally added to the film?).

Go forth and check out the trailer and then tell all of Bloody-Disgusting what YOU think. There's a lot to digest here, a lot to talk about and a lot to understand.

Dimension Films will release the sequel in theaters August 28th.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15993 - view trailer here
Old 04-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #22
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

A Hi-Res Look Into the Eyes of Evil in Halloween 2
Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This afternoon we scored the first hi-res look at Michael Myers (Tyler Mane) from Rob Zombie's forthcoming H2: Halloween 2, which picks up right as the reboot ended, following the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted. This is your first close-up look at Myers' new mask that he'll be rocking in Dimension's film arriving in theaters August 28th

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16051
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #23
browneyes106

Thanks for posting more pics James. The more pics I see the more I want to see H2.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #24
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Set Interview: Halloween 2's Malek Akkad
Source: Ryan Rotten, Managing Editor
May 4, 2009

Next to Rick Rosenthal, Rob Zombie is the second director to make his mark on the Halloween franchise twice - a claim the rocker-turned-horror helmer almost didn't get to tout. After the success of Halloween in 2007, Dimension Films and Trancas International sought to continue the Michael Myers legacy, Zombie unmistakably put his mark on, with a sequel. Following in his footsteps was easier said than done.

"Starting out we were looking into how we could do a normal sequel. We had a couple of writers do a draft and we weren't happy at all," expresses Trancas producer Malek Akkad.

Dimension Films had turned to French filmmakers Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury, the writers and directors behind the wicked gorefest Inside. The Weinstein brothers, Harvey and Bob, had previously acquired Bustillo and Maury's film, releasing it on DVD through their Dimension Extreme label, and sought to work with them further. "They did a draft. I liked "Inside" and it wasn't them so much as we just wanted Rob back. It wasn't necessarily a good fit because of Rob's sensibility, what he brings to this [franchise] is so much. These guys were French so there was something lost in the translation somehow."

Akkad and company then approached Zombie who was revving up another picture called Tyrannosaurus Rex but was receptive to return for what is being called H2 (the producer couldn't go on the record as to why it won't be called Halloween 2).

Certainly a coup for Akkad who felt Zombie had much more to say with Myers, Laurie Strode and the Haddonfield he lived in. Also, " "Halloween" is a very American tradition, Michael Myers is a very American icon and Rob gets that. What he's done in this film is hit on the Halloween holiday also. It's not just a slasher film, he's brought in the elements of the holiday which is great."

It's a nippy evening on the Georgia set of H2 and ShockTillYouDrop.com is huddled near a space heater with Akkad to get the lowdown on how this installment came to fruition. He lights a cigarette and admits the press still makes him nervous. He knows the devout fans of the Halloween series - which his late father, Moustapha, started with John Carpenter - are scrupulously watching every word he says.

"The fact that [Rob] was doing a remake, perhaps there were some constraints," Akkad admits. "He felt there were certain elements he had to be true to but he was also able to flesh it out in his own way. But I think here he's really taking it in his own direction. It's packed, it's got so many elements and so many character arcs going, it's really satisfying to see where he takes each character and how he resolves each character. He's brought new elements into the franchise we've never seen before."

Some of those elements include a radical turn for leading lady Scout Taylor-Compton (reprising her role as Strode), a killer spotted for a good chunk of the time without his iconic mask and peculiar dream sequences. "I built a lot of trust in Rob after the first one, we had gotten into the habit of using a stuntman for Michael and Rob was insistent on using an actor [Tyler Mane] which I agree with 100%. That brought a lot of different textures to Michael. A lot of subtleties. After seeing that and what Rob had done with it, I trusted him. I told him, when we started this, 'Don't feel hindered by any of the rules we've had in the past. I want this to be your vision and I want you to express that vision.' I think we needed to break out from these rules that have been established over the course of the franchise. His script had a lot more depth to it than a regular slasher film and the credit there goes to him."

Based on this writer's journey into the make-up trailer with Wayne Toth, it appears Zombie will face some hurdles with the MPAA once shooting and editing are complete. Akkad doesn't show any worries. "There's always challenges [with the ratings board]," he says, "but there are ways to work around it. Like last time, we'll do the DVD and then his 'let it all hang out' version. I would say this is a little less than the first one. There were a couple of scenes in the last one we couldn't get by on the director's cut and on this one, going back to the question about this being a broader slasher film, I think there are going to be less issues in that regard." And any uncertainties about opening on August 28th, a week after Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds? "[Late-August has] always worked for us. And "Inglorious Basterds" is a different audience and our trailer will be on it, so the studio is very excited about how it's playing out."

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=10392
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #25
browneyes106

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Set Interview: Halloween 2's Malek Akkad
Source: Ryan Rotten, Managing Editor
May 4, 2009

Next to Rick Rosenthal, Rob Zombie is the second director to make his mark on the Halloween franchise twice - a claim the rocker-turned-horror helmer almost didn't get to tout. After the success of Halloween in 2007, Dimension Films and Trancas International sought to continue the Michael Myers legacy, Zombie unmistakably put his mark on, with a sequel. Following in his footsteps was easier said than done.

"Starting out we were looking into how we could do a normal sequel. We had a couple of writers do a draft and we weren't happy at all," expresses Trancas producer Malek Akkad.

Dimension Films had turned to French filmmakers Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury, the writers and directors behind the wicked gorefest Inside. The Weinstein brothers, Harvey and Bob, had previously acquired Bustillo and Maury's film, releasing it on DVD through their Dimension Extreme label, and sought to work with them further. "They did a draft. I liked "Inside" and it wasn't them so much as we just wanted Rob back. It wasn't necessarily a good fit because of Rob's sensibility, what he brings to this [franchise] is so much. These guys were French so there was something lost in the translation somehow."

Akkad and company then approached Zombie who was revving up another picture called Tyrannosaurus Rex but was receptive to return for what is being called H2 (the producer couldn't go on the record as to why it won't be called Halloween 2).

Certainly a coup for Akkad who felt Zombie had much more to say with Myers, Laurie Strode and the Haddonfield he lived in. Also, " "Halloween" is a very American tradition, Michael Myers is a very American icon and Rob gets that. What he's done in this film is hit on the Halloween holiday also. It's not just a slasher film, he's brought in the elements of the holiday which is great."

It's a nippy evening on the Georgia set of H2 and ShockTillYouDrop.com is huddled near a space heater with Akkad to get the lowdown on how this installment came to fruition. He lights a cigarette and admits the press still makes him nervous. He knows the devout fans of the Halloween series - which his late father, Moustapha, started with John Carpenter - are scrupulously watching every word he says.

"The fact that [Rob] was doing a remake, perhaps there were some constraints," Akkad admits. "He felt there were certain elements he had to be true to but he was also able to flesh it out in his own way. But I think here he's really taking it in his own direction. It's packed, it's got so many elements and so many character arcs going, it's really satisfying to see where he takes each character and how he resolves each character. He's brought new elements into the franchise we've never seen before."

Some of those elements include a radical turn for leading lady Scout Taylor-Compton (reprising her role as Strode), a killer spotted for a good chunk of the time without his iconic mask and peculiar dream sequences. "I built a lot of trust in Rob after the first one, we had gotten into the habit of using a stuntman for Michael and Rob was insistent on using an actor [Tyler Mane] which I agree with 100%. That brought a lot of different textures to Michael. A lot of subtleties. After seeing that and what Rob had done with it, I trusted him. I told him, when we started this, 'Don't feel hindered by any of the rules we've had in the past. I want this to be your vision and I want you to express that vision.' I think we needed to break out from these rules that have been established over the course of the franchise. His script had a lot more depth to it than a regular slasher film and the credit there goes to him."

Based on this writer's journey into the make-up trailer with Wayne Toth, it appears Zombie will face some hurdles with the MPAA once shooting and editing are complete. Akkad doesn't show any worries. "There's always challenges [with the ratings board]," he says, "but there are ways to work around it. Like last time, we'll do the DVD and then his 'let it all hang out' version. I would say this is a little less than the first one. There were a couple of scenes in the last one we couldn't get by on the director's cut and on this one, going back to the question about this being a broader slasher film, I think there are going to be less issues in that regard." And any uncertainties about opening on August 28th, a week after Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds? "[Late-August has] always worked for us. And "Inglorious Basterds" is a different audience and our trailer will be on it, so the studio is very excited about how it's playing out."

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=10392

Thanks for posting the interview James. I think Zombie has a great future in horror films. I remember seeing him on Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments and he has a strong passion for horror films.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:32 PM   #26
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes106
Thanks for posting the interview James. I think Zombie has a great future in horror films. I remember seeing him on Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments and he has a strong passion for horror films.

Yep, if anyone is perfect for the new Halloween's it's Rob. I feel better knowing that a hardcore fan is behind the series and not some random person looking for a cheap cash-in on a popular franchise.

You know, I still wonder what Halloween 9 would have been like. I knew that originally they were planning on doing another sequel before it was passed to Rob to make it a remake project.

I will say that Halloween: Resurrection was a horrible finale of the original series.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #27
browneyes106

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Yep, if anyone is perfect for the new Halloween's it's Rob. I feel better knowing that a hardcore fan is behind the series and not some random person looking for a cheap cash-in on a popular franchise.

You know, I still wonder what Halloween 9 would have been like. I knew that originally they were planning on doing another sequel before it was passed to Rob to make it a remake project.

I will say that Halloween: Resurrection was a horrible finale of the original series.

I agree Halloween: Resurrection was horrible.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #28
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Official Synopsis For Rob Zombie's H2
Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thanks to B-D reader 'ANTiSocial' we've now got our hands on the official synopsis for Rob Zombie's H2: Halloween 2, which arrives in theaters August 28 from Dimension Films. Beyond the break you can check out the blurb that teases an "unlikely hero", who could it be? Any guesses?

Scout Taylor-Compton, Tyler Mane, Chase Wright Vanek, Malcolm McDowell, Sheri Moon Zombie, Danielle Harris, Ezra Buzzington, Brea Grant, Chris Hardwick, Matt Bush, Dayton Callie, Richard Brake, Howard Hesseman, Bill Fagerbakke and Bill Moseley all star in the sequel to Zombie's Halloween reboot from 2007.

Here's the official synopsis:

"It's that time of year again, and Michael Myers has returned home to sleepy Haddonfield, Illinois to take care of some unfinished family business. Unleashing a trail of terror that only horror master Rob Zombie can, Myers will stop at nothing to bring closure to the secrets of his twisted past. But the town’s got an unlikely new hero, if they can only stay alive long enough to stop the unstoppable."

Maybe the trailer holds some clues?

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16112
Old 05-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #29
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

H2 Set Visit and Exclusive Interview with Rob Zombie
By: Jeff Otto

Bloody-Disgusting spent an evening on the set of Rob Zombie's H2 back at the end of March as the production was nearing its finish on day 27 of 33. It was a rainy, chilly night in rural Newborn Georgia where Zombie and crew were shooting a scene at Sheriff Brackett's (Brad Dourif) house. Details were scant, but the scene involved a dream sequence that had Taylor Scout-Compton dressed in a red and yellow clown costume and creepy kiddie mask. In the scene we observed, Dourif and his fellow officers raced up to the house, red and blue lights blaring, in a caravan of brown Haddonfield police cars.

We only got a few minutes with Zombie on the set, but the director seemed in good spirits, aside from the weather. "Everything's going great," he told press. "This rain is the only thing that's killing us every day. Every time we plan to do something, it rains. We always figure out how to shoot something, but now we are getting to the end of the schedule, so things have to match. You can't jump around so much. There's almost no more interior stuff, so its kind of a bummer."

Zombie added that he was enjoying the freedom of the sequel since he didn't really feel the obligations to be loyal to the series, now that the first movie is out of the way. "Since it was a remake I felt some responsibility to retain elements of the original. But with this one I don't feel any responsibility except to go crazy with it."

The details of H2 remain under wraps for now, but as the official trailer debut gets closer, fans are starting to put the plot together a bit. "I can not tell you a lot," said Zombie. "It's a ****ing crazy movie, that's for sure. It's really layered and there's a lot to it, but I wanted to pick it up and when you follow all the characters you really [see] how ****ed up the characters are from what would have happened. It's not like anyone survived it without being completely a mess. It's pretty good. It starts really dark and gets darker. There's really no nice moments in the whole movie. Dr. Loomis is kind of living this pseudo-nice life and it all goes bad. So he has a few nice moments, but everyone else is having a bad time trying to deal with it."

After the brief chat on set, Zombie had to get back to work and we had to get to the other side of Georgia for another horror shoot, THE CRAZIES. Luckily, we were able to catch up with Zombie again this week from the editing room to discuss the H2 production a little further and also get some updates on what's next, T-Rex or maybe even H3?

Bloody-Disgusting: How far into the H2 editing are you?

Rob Zombie: We're about a week or so.

BD: Are you completely done shooting or will there be reshoots?

RZ: We're done shooting as far as I know. There's always a chance of reshoots, although with this schedule its unlikely.

BD: Was it just the tax cuts that brought the production to Georgia?

RZ: Well, the tax cuts were great, I guess, but that's kind of irrelevant to me. Georgia worked out great just for the locations, especially for that time of year. The other places I would have worked, it was still winter. They were still having snow. Georgia has a great look and it worked out well.

BD: I know you said you wouldn't do a HALLOWEEN sequel after you finished the first, but did you have at least an inkling of where you might go in a sequel?

RZ: It was totally starting from scratch. I didn't ever think I was going to do a second one, so I never even thought about it. I had no ideas whatsoever.

BD: How does the psyche of Michael Myers in this series differ from the Michael Myers of the original series?

RZ: I'm not really sure what the intention was with the originals. I've obviously seen the first one a million times and however he progresses in the sequels, I don't remember, so its kind of hard for me to compare and contrast. I figured that they made eight HALLOWEEN movies before I came on board in any way, so they'd done them all from a certain point of view. So that's when I thought I'd like to switch it up and turn Michael into more of a character, not just a guy in the shadows all the time. I thought making him more human, in a sense, would make him scarier. Not that I didn't think he was scary the other way, but like I said they already did that eight times. For me, I keep trying as much as possible to play it as if its a real situation and how that would take place.

BD: Did the criticisms of the first movie pop into your head as you were making the second, or did you just have to put that all out of your head?

RZ: I just separate myself from it. If someone says something bad, it doesn't mean anything, and if someone says something good, it doesn't mean anything. You just have to do what you're going to do. I was thinking about this the other day. Its not that you ignore everything, but it has to come from a source that you understand. When its just a person that you don't know that has an opinion, its pretty meaningless in a way.

BD: You seem to be having a little more fun with the rumor mill this time around with the beard stuff and the Daeg recasting controversy.

RZ: This time, it was basically kind of funny. I didn't pay any attention to it because it was so funny. Rumors are so funny because rumors will start and then the rumor will answer itself. Then I will see my response to the rumor, which isn't even my response. It's someone else saying I said this. My favorite is the guy saying, ‘Well I heard...' I'm like, ‘Where did you hear it? You're like this 14-year old kid in Wisconsin who lives with his parents. You heard? If you were on set standing behind some producer who's talking, well then maybe you did hear something.' That's always the greatest out for a bull**** rumor. A lot of times people start rumors and if you don't respond to them, they think that that means its true, where as I'm like, ‘Well why should I respond to every crazy thing that someone says?'

BD: Its funny because you have people that hated the first movie going crazy because Daeg was recast and saying this movie will suck because of that.

RZ: I came to a conclusion a long, long time ago. Long before I started making movies. It seems virtually impossible to please anybody with anything. Back in my days of making records, it seemed like no matter what you did, they hate the album and then you make a new album and they hate the new album but they'll tell you how much they loved the old album. And it goes on and on... You just don't ****ing know. And making movies is much crazier than making a record. You just have to stick by your guns and let the chips fall where they may.

Replacing Daeg was a bummer. It wasn't something I wanted to do, but he wasn't a little kid any more. He showed up and he was like he was 17. He was tall and big and his voice had changed. It didn't make any sense with the script because it was supposed to be [Michael] as a kid. I didn't have any choice, but that was a hard decision. I tried making it work, but it just didn't work.

The thing that's fun when you read people's complaints is that they're always paranoid that there's an evil plot afoot. (Laughs) ‘They're doing this because...' and then they name some horrible reason. And sometimes its just because that's the way things work out and its a tough decision and it wasn't something you wanted to do. It's not because of any other evil plan that anyone has.

BD: When will the official trailer debut?

RZ: Yeah, it's funny, because I didn't know that [TV footage] was going to be out. According to Bloody-Disgusting, [the trailer] comes out this Friday on YouTube or something. But I actually don't know. I haven't been paying any attention to it, but that sounds like that could be true. I know that the trailer wasn't finished yet, but it might be now.

BD: And Daeg's face appeared in the footage that just came out. There's also the rumor that a digital version of Daeg's face would be in the movie.

RZ: Yeah, that was pretty funny. I did hear that and I'm like, ‘Why would I go to that much trouble?' I think there was a shot of Daeg that they left in the trailer by accident, because a lot of times, you know the people who cut the trailers aren't the people working on the movie and they don't know what the ****'s going on. There's a couple things in there that are kind of funny. It was actually from a test footage day, it wasn't even a scene from the movie. There's some other stuff in there too that are like makeup tests and stuff. (Laughs)

BD: Release isn't until August, so you've got a lot of work to go.

RZ: Yeah, its August 28th. We're at such an early stage right now, its hard to even tell what you're working with.

BD: But you're happy with how the shoot went?

RZ: Yeah, it was a very different experience. HALLOWEEN was a very troubled shoot from Day 1. Sometimes you get a shoot like DEVIL'S REJECTS where every second goes perfectly, every day is wonderful. And then you get one like HALLOWEEN where everything is a ****ing pain in ass 24-7. It was one of those ones where, if something could go wrong, it was gonna go wrong. This time is much better. I've got a new D.P. and a better team around me and it made for such a different experience.

This one was tough, because with each film you try to expand what you're going to do. Especially with HALLOWEEN, you don't want to just do the same thing again. It would be real easy to make a film of Michael Myers just running around in the dark killing people. And you think, ‘Well, I'll try to do something more than that.' You've just got to push yourself harder. That was the trick, I guess.

BD: After this, is H3 a possibility?

RZ: Even though I said I wouldn't do H2, really I definitely won't do H3 and I don't think anyone else will either. I was happy to come back, kind of like with DEVIL'S REJECTS, you want to come back and see how you can take it to another level. But I didn't want to do [a third] with that either and most of the actors didn't want to do it either. They felt like it had been done. This time, I really feel like enough is enough. If somebody else wants to do H3, I'd be happy to see what they're going to do with it.

BD: Well if this succeeds, its hard to imagine there won't be an H3 in some capacity.

RZ: I would think they would do them forever if they could. I would assume that the day after this one opens, somebody will be having that conversation, but not with me.

BD: Is H2 the official title?

RZ: I can never get a straight answer out of anybody, and frankly there are some battles I really don't feel like having yet because there are bigger issues. The trailer was another one. Like, what scenes are in the trailer? I didn't give a ****. For all I know, there's tons of stuff that's in the trailer that's not even in the movie. I just can't pay attention to it.

BD: Do you think you'll shoot T-REX after this?

RZ: I don't know, maybe. It depends. That's the thing, these days, every day it gets harder and harder to get movies made. And these days, it gets harder and harder to get something made that isn't already something. Everything is a sequel, a prequel, a remake, a graphic novel, a television show. I've gotten offered a million movies, and every single one of them is a remake or a sequel or a TV show. Its unbelievable. At least with H2, it didn't have to be based on anything except my own crazy ideas, so it felt fresh to me.

I would love to do [T-REX] and I still intend on doing it some day. But its a tough sell. They just want to remake anything, even if its something you've never heard of.

BD: Are you a boxing fan?

RZ: I used to really like boxing a lot. I don't pay attention any more. I can never sustain prolonged interest in anything, it seems. (Laughs) I just get really excited for a little while and then I move on to other things.

BD: I should probably let you get back to the editing room.

RZ: Please don't. (Laughs) Editing can make you ****ing crazy. Its nice to get out of there for ten seconds.

H2 arrives in theaters August 28

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/interview/560
Old 05-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #30
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Brand Spanking New Halloween 2 Poster
Friday, May 8, 2009

Finally dropping the moniker of H2, below you'll find your first look at a brand new one sheet for Rob Zombie's Halloween 2, the sequel to his reboot arriving in cinemas on August 28. The poster features a hooded Michael Myers (Tyler Mane) with his mother Deborah Myers (Sheri Moon Zombie) glowing in the background. What do you guys think? Chime in below.

It's that time of year again, and Michael Myers has returned home to sleepy Haddonfield, Illinois to take care of some unfinished family business. Unleashing a trail of terror that only horror master Rob Zombie can, Myers will stop at nothing to bring closure to the secrets of his twisted past. But the town’s got an unlikely new hero, if they can only stay alive long enough to stop the unstoppable.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16147
Attached Images