Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix's Disjointed to End After One Season; Will & Grace Revival Coming to DVD
Fri-Yay: Is the Era of the "Sadcom" Over?; TBS Lands Pilot from Emmy Winner
The CW to Expand to 6 Nights; Netflix Gets 5th Season of Grace and Frankie
CBS Renews Digital Sitcom; Judy Greer Is Not Kidding, She Joins Jim Carrey Comedy
Rare Gems on getTV for Black History Month; Showtime Comedy Pilot Brings Out the Stars
ABC Crossovers Set for March 1; Tosh.0 Gets 3 Additional Seasons Thru 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 12, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Tosh.0 Gets Three Season Renewal; New DVDs for Diff'rent Strokes and More
Fri-Yay: High Concept Sitcoms; Bravo's Imposters Returns in April
COZI TV Remembers John Mahoney with Frasier Marathon; Kim Possible The Movie Coming to Disney
New Muppet Babies Coming to Disney Junior; Cartoon Network Comedy Gets 5 Week-Run

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)

Trial & Error - The Complete First Season Superior Donuts - Season One Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season

01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
01/16 - Trial & Error - The Complete First Season
01/22 - Superior Donuts - Season One
01/23 - Baskets - The Complete Season Two
02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Exclamation Rob Zombie's "Halloween II" *Nominated for 2 MTV Movie Awards*

YOUR FIRST LOOK AT THE NEW MICHAEL MYERS!
Saturday, April 11, 2009

By: MrDisgusting

Shooting officially wrapped last night for Rob Zombie's Halloween 2, his reboot of the franchise created by John Carpenter back in 1978 that follows a soulless killer by the name of Michael Myers.

"Well, after 35 days of snow, freezing rain, fire ants, mud and blood we are done! The cast and crew kick ass beyond ass to bring you the most demented Halloween ever! In less than five months MIchael will be back in your face! And speaking of face... here is your first glimpse of one of the many faces Michael 2009."

The new film arriving in theaters August 28 picks up right as the first remake ended, following the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15862
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG : 03-31-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
Zebra 3
Striped Tomato

Exclamation

Enough already with the remakes!

Message Board
Old 04-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra 3
Enough already with the remakes!

Technically this one isn't a remake.

It's a sequel to a reboot with a new storyline.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
browneyes106

The mask looks like it has been through hell. It sorts of reminds me of how Chucky looked in Bride of Chucky.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes106
The mask looks like it has been through hell. It sorts of reminds me of how Chucky looked in Bride of Chucky.

Yeah, Zombie isn't having Myers' mask in clean white and pure condition like it was in the previous films.

I was looking at it now so I figured I post here at how Myers has changed over the years in the original films....
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Myers Stabbing Spree in New Photo
Source:Rob Zombie April 15, 2009

H2 (Halloween 2) writer-director Rob Zombie is setting the record straight, via his blog, on his follow-up to 2007's Halloween.

"This movie has nothing to do with the movie that came out back in 1981. The only thing slightly the same is my film has a brief hospital scene at the top of the film and even that is 100% different. These are all new characters and all new situations. This is not a remake of a sequel, this is the continuing story of the Halloween I started."

Zombie gave a glimpse at the aforementioned "brief hospital scene" with the following photo of Michael Myers in action.

H2 stars Scout Taylor-Compton, Tyler Mane and Malcolm McDowell and opens in theaters on August 28th.

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10224
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
browneyes106

Thanks for posting the new article and pic. I'm starting to like the look of the new mask.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #8
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

New Photo! Michael Myers Looks Like a Wizard
Source:ShockTillYouDrop.com, Rob Zombie
April 17, 2009

Reporting from the set of Rob Zombie's H2 (Halloween 2), we told you a teaser trailer for the sequel to 2007's Halloween was arriving today attached to prints of Crank: High Voltage. Well, guess what? You're only going to get a chance to see it if you see the latest Jason Statham film in New York and L.A. Those are the only cities hosting the teaser for Michael Myers' latest killing spree.

In other H2-related news, Zombie has addressed the issue of Myers being mask-less 70% of the time in his film by saying the following in his blog:

Well, the truth is the movie is just now being edited so the exact percentage of mask wearing is unclear at this point. But fear not, Michael is seen wearing the mask as much if not more than you've ever seen him wearing a mask in any "Halloween" film.

And here's a new still!

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=10240
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
Amanda Woodward
Frequent Poster

H1
H2 (great atmosphere as the first but seems bit slow)
H3 :/ (nothing whatsoever to do with MM)
H4
H5 :/ (kinda like it but stale)
H6 :/ (missed oppurtunity , I think it had potential never fully realized)
H7 :/ (too teeny bopper for my taste , MM seemed tame)
H8 (can't believe the fate of Laurie Strode , THAT was the best they could come up with.....for shame
H remake :/ (spooky atmosphere was gone)
Old 04-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #10
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Woodward
H1
H2 (great atmosphere as the first but seems bit slow)
H3 :/ (nothing whatsoever to do with MM)
H4
H5 :/ (kinda like it but stale)
H6 :/ (missed oppurtunity , I think it had potential never fully realized)
H7 :/ (too teeny bopper for my taste , MM seemed tame)
H8 (can't believe the fate of Laurie Strode , THAT was the best they could come up with.....for shame
H remake :/ (spooky atmosphere was gone)

My take on this:

Halloween - I LOVE this one. My favorite of all of them. I own two copies of it on DVD for the different special features. I really must like something in order to own more than one copy of it.

Halloween II - Yes, the hospital setting was great (except for the fact that there was NOBODY in there lol) II was a pretty decent sequel.

Halloween 4 - This is my favorite of the sequels.

Halloween 5 - Boring, not one of my favorites.

Halloween 6 - I like the Producer's Cut better than the original version. Halloween 6 tried to explain the method behind Michael's madness and it just fell flat.

Halloween H20 - I liked that Jamie Lee Curtis decided to come back. It still irks me that they decided to ignore 4-6 and make it a direct sequel to Halloween II. I could do without 5-6 but 4 is one of my favorites. I also would like to know what Myers was doing in his missing 20 years since these films don't exist?

Halloween: Resurrection - Lame.

Rob Zombie's Halloween - I did like it however I think it has nothing on the original.

Regarding Halloween III: Season of the Witch, I will give a little backstory on this one for those that don't know what happened...

After Halloween II, John Carpenter has had enough of Michael Myers and he wanted to do something different. He intended for Halloween II to be the end of Michael Myers where Myers and Dr. Loomis get blown up in the operation room.

What Carpenter wanted to do now was to make the Halloween franchise a horror anthology series about horror stories relating around Halloween. The premise of Halloween III was about an evil corporation who makes Halloween masks that kill children when they watch the company's commercial on television.

This idea did not turn out too well at all. Fans were outraged that Myers was not in it so in the next installment they had no choice but to bring Myers back.

Halloween III does have a cult audience of its own today of people who appreciate the film and the idea behind what Carpenter wanted to do at the time. However, the majority of the franchise's fanbase simply do not regard this one at all as a part of the series.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:10 AM   #11
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

BDTV: First Footage From Rob Zombie's Halloween 2!!
Friday, April 17, 2009

UPDATE: Here's a longer version sent in by B-D reader 'beauk'. If you head on over to BDTV you can get your first look at footage from Rob Zombie's Halloween 2, courtesy of B-D member 'tylerdq14'. The full trailer is in NY and LA theaters as we speak and we're patiently waiting for some nice fan to upload the video to YouTube (get on it!). The footage features a look at the new young Michael Myers, a hooded look at The Shape and some scenes with Scout Taylor-Compton as Laurie Strode.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15928

Entertainment Tonight preview clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyWKJGKdztc
Old 04-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #12
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Halloween 2 Trailer to Debut This Friday
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
By: MrDisgusting

Before I get 6,000 e-mails about this, Dimension Films contacted us this morning to tell us that Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 trailer will premiere on YouTube this Friday for an exclusive one-week engagement.

Are you ready for Hobo-Myers in action? The new film picks up right as the first remake ended, following the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted. Dimension Films has the film slated for release on August 28th.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15955
Old 04-22-2009, 12:32 AM   #13
browneyes106

Thanks for posting the new articles James. I think H2 could be a great horror film.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #14
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes106
Thanks for posting the new articles James. I think H2 could be a great horror film.

No prob..

Yeah, there are so many updates regarding news on this film so I'm putting everything Haloween 2 related in here rather than making individual threads for each update.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #15
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Myers Walks Alone in New H2 Photo
Source:Rob Zombie
April 22, 2009

Rob Zombie is playing it smart. After the backlash that followed the news that Michael Myers will not wear his mask that much in H2 (Halloween 2), the writer-director has been carefully releasing pics of Myers from the sequel with his mask on to appease the fans. Scroll down and you'll find the latest image which premiered on his blog this morning.

He also talks about why he took on a follow-up in spite of saying he'd never do another one:
"When I finished Halloween I was so f**king burnt out that the thought of doing another seemed totally insane to me at the time. I was done. But after a year and a half break I started to think that maybe another one wasn't such a bad idea. I love the characters and felt that I had only just scratched the surface of what could be done with them. The basic story was out of the way and now the series could go anywhere. Seeing the aftermath of Michael's rampage through the eyes of Laurie and Loomis was very exciting to me. So I came back and now we have a movie. Never say never."

H2 is now in post-production and hits theaters on August 28th. Look for the trailer online this Friday.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=10273
Attached Images