Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season
Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX
Loudermilk Returns for Season 3 on Audience Network; Syfy's 23rd Annual Twilight Zone New Year's Eve Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
brtcmfn
Frequent Poster

Default 2009 thread- will this show ever be available as box sets??

Does anyone know if Sony has finally wised up and plans to have this show available as box sets?- If there is one show that needs to given the box set collection treatment- this is it!

Does anyone have the contact info for Sony so they can be sent an email-
brtcmfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
Jude The Obscure
Retired

If Sony ever decides to go the MOD route like Warner, we may see this show finally available for purchase!
Jude The Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #3
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Sadly this show often gets forgotten abt BUT IT IS SO FUNNY. I just love Gracie's daffiness. I've seen DVD sets here and there but its only like 10-15 eps, not seasonal (obv.) and they tend to be the same eps that you find over and over again. I have 7-8 eps on DVD and another 4 on VHS. I'm hoping I can find those 4 on DVD so I can get rid of the VHS. But the eps on the VHS are really great (why does it always have to be that way (sigh!) I'd so love to trash the VHS's). VHS, next to DVD, is absolutely Neandrothal.

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
Benno123
Jenna Fischer Rocks My World!!

Send a message via AIM to Benno123 Send a message via Yahoo to Benno123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude The Obscure
If Sony ever decides to go the MOD route like Warner, we may see this show finally available for purchase!
That would be awesome if the studios did that for their TV holdings. I have yet to do the MOD discs from Warner, but there are a couple of Lucille Ball titles that are coming out that way that I may consider.
Benno123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
brtcmfn
Frequent Poster

I presently have about 125 episodes on DVD's-
I am so eager to get more episodes that I know the ME-Too in Chicago is having a marathon of BNA and Jack Benny on the 28th of this month.
If they are episodes I am missing- If anyone is in Chicago and has access to the channel with a DVR and a DVD recorder- PM me so we can discuss- I am willing to pay some compensation for it (check or Paypal)- Or if you already have all the episodes PM me so we can agree on compensation as well.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #6
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts!
Sadly this show often gets forgotten abt BUT IT IS SO FUNNY. I just love Gracie's daffiness. I've seen DVD sets here and there but its only like 10-15 eps, not seasonal (obv.) and they tend to be the same eps that you find over and over again. I have 7-8 eps on DVD and another 4 on VHS. I'm hoping I can find those 4 on DVD so I can get rid of the VHS. But the eps on the VHS are really great (why does it always have to be that way (sigh!) I'd so love to trash the VHS's). VHS, next to DVD, is absolutely Neandrothal.

i've been converting my VHS product (when possible) to DVD and then donating the VHS to Goodwill. it's not that hard to do, Rich!

And I discovered Burns & Allen through the reruns on the old CBN Cable (I so MISS that channel)
Old 05-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno123
That would be awesome if the studios did that for their TV holdings. I have yet to do the MOD discs from Warner, but there are a couple of Lucille Ball titles that are coming out that way that I may consider.

which titles are those, Benno?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #8
McGillicuddy

Sony will never do anything with this show. The only hope for George Burns & Gracie Allen is if Shout! Factory gets the rights.
McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
brtcmfn
Frequent Poster

Thanks to Antenna TV for carry the show- I have been DVRing the episodes since March and transferring to DVD.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #10
McGillicuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude The Obscure
i've been converting my VHS product (when possible) to DVD and then donating the VHS to Goodwill. it's not that hard to do, Rich!

And I discovered Burns & Allen through the reruns on the old CBN Cable (I so MISS that channel)
I, too discovered the show when it aired CBN. One Saturday evening my parents were watching and drew it to my attention. IMO, this show is as funny as I Love Lucy. So sad George lost Gracie at such a young age.
McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #11
stevea

This show is HILARIOUS! Especially the later seasons, where they had George spying on everybody on his 'magic' TV in the den. Virtually all these episodes have the George and Gracie routines at the end, too. The whole filmed series needs the Shout Factory treatment.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:20 AM   #12
bencasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtcmfn
Thanks to Antenna TV for carry the show- I have been DVRing the episodes since March and transferring to DVD.

Too bad that they're cut by 3 minutes.
bencasey is offline   Reply With Quote