Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #91
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Hi all! I usually hang out at the Unsolved Mysteries board.

Regarding the Devil Wears Prada, I actually think that's one concept that could have worked better as a sitcom than a movie.

Isn't some other network doing a similar thing only not a sitcom, more like a backstabbing, cutthroat type show called Damages? I haven't seen that.

Personally, I would have liked a "devil wears prada" sitcom.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #92
browneyes106

There was supposed to be a spinoff of Gilmore Girls that was supposed to focus on Jess living in California with his father.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 AM   #93
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned!!
Banned

Wasn't there supposed to be a spinoff of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air with Carlton in it that never happened?
Old 04-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #94
browneyes106

Another spinoff that never happened was supposed by a show about female paramedics that was supposed to be spun off from Strong Medicine.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:54 AM   #95
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

back in the 70s, there was talk about doing a spin-off of "ALL IN THE FAMILY" about a priest who was on the show named Father Muljecy, or something.

And I think I remember reading somewhere back then that they were thinking of spining off Lenny and Squiggy from "LAVERNE & SHIRLEY".

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 06-09-2009, 04:19 AM   #96
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Maybe someone else knows more info. on this.

I heard that after One Day at a Time ended that they were considering giving Pat Harrington Jr. (Schneider) his own show but nothing ever happened.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #97
TV Guy

The pilot for the proposed Schneider spinoff actually aired as the final episode of "One Day at a Time". Schneider moved to Florida to take care of his orphaned niece and nephew (who was played by Corey Feldman).

As for Robbie and Katie on "My Three Sons": after the proposed spinoff didn't sell, Tina Cole (Katie) did return to MTS for the final season. In the storyline, Katie moved back to North Hollywood to live with Steve and family while Rob was temporarily transferred to Brazil (Don Grady had left the show).
Old 06-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #98
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Guy
The pilot for the proposed Schneider spinoff actually aired as the final episode of "One Day at a Time". Schneider moved to Florida to take care of his orphaned niece and nephew (who was played by Corey Feldman).

Thanks for the note on that.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #99
Richee
Frequent Poster

What about the Full House spin-off that John Stamos had planned, which he was to reprise the role of Jesse, as well as Candace and Jodie to reprise their roles as DJ and Steph.

Now he's moved to the idea of a Full House full-feature film, where the roles in the movie will be played by a new cast, rather than the original tv cast.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #100
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:

As for Robbie and Katie on "My Three Sons": after the proposed spinoff didn't sell, Tina Cole (Katie) did return to MTS for the final season. In the storyline, Katie moved back to North Hollywood to live with Steve and family while Rob was temporarily transferred to Brazil (Don Grady had left the show).

Ann and the Girls was not in that episode of One Day at a Time right?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #101
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:

Schneider definitely would have had his hands full with Corey Feldman, that's for sure.

In this week's very special episode, Schneider and his nephew visit a methadone clinic.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #102
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLifeAdjuster
Ann and the Girls was not in that episode of One Day at a Time right?
I chose not to watch that episode and have never seen it. Ann left for London the week before so I consider that the final episode. I don't know if Barbara was in this episode ( I know Julie wasn't and I'm pretty sure Ann wasn't).
Old 06-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #103
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
I chose not to watch that episode and have never seen it. Ann left for London the week before so I consider that the final episode. I don't know if Barbara was in this episode ( I know Julie wasn't and I'm pretty sure Ann wasn't).

Just realized that was a dumb question because I actually have the 5/21/84 CBS airing of the last ep with Ann and the Girls leaving the apt-lol
Old 07-10-2009, 02:52 AM   #104
Dusty's Fan

Correction regarding corrected info on a My Three Sons spinoff that didn't happen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOliver
CBS didn't pick up the series for the upcoming season (1971-72) and Don Grady (Robbie) and Tina Cole (Katie) did NOT return for the twelfth season on 'My Three Sons', since they were written out the previous season.

Tina Cole (Katie) and the triplets DID appear in the final season (Season 12). Only Don Grady (Rob) opted not to continue on My Three Sons. They were never written out; Rob was always away, but Katie and the boys never left.

Note that several Season 12 episodes feature Katie (12.8, 12.10. 12.13, 12.14):

http://www.tv.com/my-three-sons/show...ge_nav;episode

This mis-info about Tina's appearances may stem from IMDb, which has not yet documented her many M3S episodes.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #105
howilu

There was the possibility of a Laverne & Shirley spinoff titled "Lenny and Squiggy in the Army" but it never happened, thus saving a potential shark jump.